How to Recover iPhone Data Lost after Restoring to Factory Setting
Need to recover iPhone data after restore!
My iPhone went into recovery mode after an attempt to upgrade to iOS 13. To get it out of recovery mode, I had to restore it to factory settings. However, all the data I have were lost. Is there a way to get my iPhone data back?
Generally speaking, when you delete data from your iPhone, it isn't gone forever immediately, but only becomes invisible and can be overwritten by any new data. So with the right iPhone recovery software, we are still able to get the precious data back easily. As to restoring iPhone to factory settings, the data have been overwritten during the restoring. Frankly speaking, it is impossible can recover data directly from a factory reset iPhone. Those who claim that they can recover data directly from iPhone after a factory reset is frauds. But don't lose hope, you can still recover them from your iTunes backup or iCloud backup. Below are the 2 simple ways to recover iPhone data from iTunes backup and iCloud backup after factory restore.
You can also check out the articles below according to the file type you need to recover:
- How can I recover iPhone data lost after factory setting restore?
- Part 1: Recover iPhone data after restoring via iTunes backup
- Part 2: Recover iPhone data after restoring via iCloud backup
Provides you with two ways to retrieve data lost due to factory setting restore - Dr.Fone - Data Recovery (iOS), This tool has three ways to recover data from iPhone. Compared with recovering from iTunes or iCloud，it allows you to selectively choose the file you want to recover. If you have not backed up the data to iCloud or iTunes, it would be difficult to recover media files from iPhone 5 and later directly. If you just want to recover contacts, call logs, texts, messages, etc. it would be much easier even you have not backup before.
World's 1st iPhone and iPad data recovery software
- Provide three ways to recover iPhone data.
- Scan iOS devices to recover photos, videos, contacts, messages, notes, etc.
- Extract and preview all content in iCloud/iTunes backup files.
- Selectively restore what you want from iCloud/iTunes backup to your device or computer.
- Compatible with the latest iPhone models.
Follow the steps below:
Step 1. Download and install Dr.Fone on your computer. Launch the program and select "Data Recovery" from Dr.Fone tools.
Step 2. Connect your iPhone and then choose "Recover from iTunes Backup File" from the left column.
Step 3. Choose the backup file from the list displayed by Dr.Fone, and click "Start Scan" to get it extracted.
Step 4. When the scan stops, you can preview and selectively recover any item you want from the scan result to your computer. It's can be done in one click.
Note: In this way, you can not only recover data existing in the iTunes backup but also recover those deleted data, which can't be restored directly from iTunes to your iPhone.
Follow the steps below:
Step 1. Run the program, click on "Data Recovery" and choose "Recover from iCloud Backup".
Step 2. Log in to your iCloud account. Choose the backup file you want to download and extract it.
Step 3. Check the backup content and tick to recover the item you want to your computer.
Note: It's safe to log in to your iCloud account and download the backup file. Dr.Fone won't keep any record of your information and data. The downloaded file is only saved on your computer and you're the only one to access.
- Restore iPhone
- Restore iPhone from iPad Backup
- Restore iPhone from Backup
- Restore iPhone after Jailbreak
- Undo Deleted Text iPhone
- Recover iPhone after Restore
- Restore iPhone in Recovery Mode
- Restore Deleted Photos from iPhone
- 10. iPad Backup Extractors
- 11. Restore WhatsApp from iCloud
- 12. Restore iPad without iTunes
- 13. Restore from iCloud Backup
- 14. Restore WhatsApp from iCloud
- iPhone Restore Tips