How to Easily Recover Lost iPhone Data after Restoring to Factory Setting?
Need to recover iPhone data after restore?
My iPhone went into recovery mode after an attempt to upgrade to iOS 17. To get it out of recovery mode, I had to restore it to factory settings. However, all the data I have were lost. Is there a way to get my iPhone data back?
Generally speaking, when you delete data from your iPhone, it isn't gone forever immediately, but only becomes invisible and can be overwritten by any new data. So with the right iPhone recovery software, we are still able to get the precious data back easily. As to restoring iPhone to factory settings, the data have been overwritten during the restoring. Frankly speaking, it is impossible can recover data directly from a factory reset iPhone. Those who claim that they can recover data directly from iPhone after a factory reset is frauds. But don't lose hope, you can still recover them from your iTunes backup or iCloud backup.
Below are the 2 simple ways to recover iPhone data from iTunes backup and iCloud backup after factory restore.
Provides you with two ways to retrieve data lost due to factory setting restore — Dr.Fone - Data Recovery (iOS). Dr.Fone - Data Recovery (iOS) is a comprehensive software designed to recover lost or deleted data from iOS devices, including iPhones, iPads, and iPods. It offers a user-friendly interface and a wide range of data recovery options, making it the ideal solution for various data loss scenarios.
This tool has three ways to recover data from iPhone. Compared with recovering from iTunes or iCloud allows you to selectively choose the file you want to recover. If you have not backed up the data to iCloud or iTunes, it would be difficult to recover media files from iPhone 5 and later directly. If you just want to recover contacts, call logs, texts, messages, etc. it would be much easier even you have not backup before.
World's 1st iPhone and iPad data recovery software
- Provide three ways to recover iPhone data.
- Ability to recover various data types, including contacts, messages, photos, videos, call logs, notes, and more.
- Extract and preview all content in iCloud/iTunes backup files.
- Selectively restore what you want from iCloud/iTunes backup to your device or computer.
- Compatible with the latest iPhone models.
Follow these simple steps to recover your lost iPhone data using Dr.Fone - Data Recovery (iOS) after restoring via iTunes backup:
- Step 1. Download and install Dr.Fone on your computer. Launch the program and select “Data Recovery” from Dr.Fone tools.
- Step 2. Connect your iPhone and then choose “Recover Data from iTunes” from the next screen.
- Step 3. Select the backup file from the list displayed by Dr.Fone, and click “Start Scan” to get it extracted.
- Step 4. When the scan stops, you can preview and selectively recover any item you want from the scan result to your computer. It can be done in one click.
Note: In this way, you can not only recover data existing in the iTunes backup but also recover those deleted data, which can't be restored directly from iTunes to your iPhone.
Follow these simple steps to recover your lost iPhone data using Dr.Fone - Data Recovery (iOS) after restoring from an iCloud backup:
- Step 1. Run the program, click on “Data Recovery” and select “Recover from iCloud Backup”.
- Step 2. Log in to your iCloud account. Choose the backup file you want to download and extract it.
- Step 3. Check the backup content and tick to recover the item you want to your computer.
Note: It's safe to log in to your iCloud account and download the backup file. Dr.Fone won't keep any record of your information and data. The downloaded file is only saved on your computer, and you're the only one to access.
You can also check out the articles below according to the file type you need to recover:
- iPhone Data Backup
- 1. Back up iPhone in Recovery Mode
- 2. Back Up iPhone With/Without iTunes
- 3. Back up iPhone to Mac
- 4. Back up iPhone/iPad to Computer
- 5. Back up iPhone to Mac Catalina
- 6. Back up Jailbreak Apps And Restore
- 7. iPhone Backup Software
- 8. Back up iPhone/iPad Easily
- 9. Back up iPhone/iPad in DFU Mode
- 10. Back up iPhone Apps and App Data
- 11. Back up Notes on iPhone and iPad
- 12. Back up iOS to External Hard Drive
- 13. Export Notes from iPhone to PC/Mac
- 14.Back up iPhone Photos to Google Photos
- 15. Back Up Your iPhone Voicemails
- 16. Back Up to External Drive
- 17.How to Back Up to NAS
- 18.Back Up iPhone With Broken Screen
- 19.Back Up iPhone to Google Drive
- 20.Buy Used iPhones
- 21.Sell Used Phone for Cash
- 22.Sell Used iPhone for Dollar
- 23.How Much is My iPhone Worth
- iPhone Data Recovery
- 1. Recover iPhone Data Without Backup
- 2. Restore Calendar on iPhone
- 3. Recover Call History on iPhone
- 4. Recover iPhone Lost Data
- 5. Restore iPhone in Recovery Mode
- 6. Undelete iPhone Backup Files
- 7. Recover Deleted iPhone Messages
- iPhone Data Restore
- 1. Restore iPhone from iTunes Backup
- 2. Restore iPhone after Downgrade
- 3. Restore iPhone from Backup
- 4. Restore iPhone from iPad Backup
- 5. Restore iPhone from DFU Mode
- 6. Restore iPhone Deleted Text Message
- iPhone Backup Problems
- 1. Find iPhone Backup Location on Mac
- 2. iPhone Backup Password Never Set
- 3. iPhone Backup Password Forget
- 4. iCloud Backup Taking Forever
- 5. iPhone Won't Backup to iCloud
- 6. iTunes Won't Backup iPhone
- iPhone Restore Problems
- 1. iTunes Stuck on Verifying iPhone
- 2. Not Space to Restore iPhone Backup
- 3. iTunes Backup Not Restoring
- 4. iPhone Won't Restore
- WhatsApp Backup & Restore
- 1. WhatsApp from Google Drive to iOS
- 2. Restore Old WhatsApp Backup
- 3. Restore WhatsApp Chat on iPhone
- 4. Restore WhatsApp Stuck on iPhone
- 5. iPhone WhatsApp to Google Drive
- 6. Back Up WhatsApp on iPhone
- iPhone Backup Tips
- 1. Extract Data From iPhone
- 2. Encrypt iPhone Backup
- 3. Reset iPhone Backup Password
- 4. Extract iPhone Backup in Win 10
- 5. How Long take iPhone to Backup
- 6. Find iPhone Backup Location
- 7. iPhone Backup Password
- 8. View iPhone Backup on Computer
- 9. iPhone Backup with iTunes/iCloud
- 10. iPhone Backup Unlockers
- 11.How To Encrypt iPhone Backup
- 12. Best Backup Chargers for iPhone
- 13. Speed Up Your iPhone Backups
- 14. Save Data When iPhone Disabled
- 15.Check Last Backup on iPhone