Backup data on your iOS devices easily and restore backup files selectively to any device.
How to Recover iPhone Data Lost after Restoring to Factory Settings
Need to recover iPhone data after restore!
My iPhone went into recovery mode after an attempt to upgrade to iOS 11. To get it out of recovery mode, I had to restore it to factory settings. However, all the data I have were lost. Is there a way to get my iPhone data back?
General speaking, when you delete data from your iPhone, it isn't gone forever immediately, but only becomes invisible and can be overwritten by any new data. So with the right iPhone recovery software, we are still able to get the precious data back easily. As to restoring iPhone to factory settings, the data have been overwritten during the restoring. Frankly speaking, it is impossible can recover data directly from a factory reset iPhone. Those who claim that they can recover data directly from iPhone after factory reset are frauds. But don't lose hope, you can still recover them from your iTunes backup or iCloud backup. Below are the 2 simple ways to recover iPhone data from iTunes backup and iCloud backup after factory restore.
You can also check out the articles below according to the file type you need to recover:
Recover iPhone data lost after factory setting restore
Provides you with two ways to retrieve data lost due to factory setting restore - dr.fone - Recover (iOS)
World's 1st iPhone and iPad data recovery software
- Provide with three ways to recover iPhone data.
- Scan iOS devices to recover photos, video, contacts, messages, notes, etc.
- Extract and preview all content in iCloud/iTunes backup files.
- Selectively restore what you want from iCloud/iTunes backup to your device or computer.
- Compatible with latest iPhone models.
- Part 1: Recover iPhone data after restsore via iTunes backup
- Part 2: Recover iPhone data after restsore via iCloud backup
Follow steps below:
Step 1. Download and install dr.fone on your computer. Launch the program and select "Recover" from dr.fone tools.
Step 2. Connct your iPhone and then choose "Recover from iTunes Backup File" from the left column.
Step 3. Choose the backup file from the list displayed by dr.fone, and click "Start Scan" to get it extracted.
Step 4. When the scan stops, you can preview and selectively recover any item you want from the scan result to your computer. It's can be done in one click.
Note: In this way, you can not only recover data existing in the iTunes backup, but also recover those deleted data, which can't be restored directly from iTunes to your iPhone.
Follow steps below:
Step 1. Run the program, click on "Recover" and choose "Recover from iCloud Backup".
Step 2. Log in your iCloud account. Choose the backup file you want to download and extract it.
Step 3. Check the backup content and tick to recover the item you want to your computer.
Note: It's totally safe to log in your iCloud account and download the backup file. dr.fone won't keep any record of your information and data. The downloaded file is only saved on your own computer and you're the only one to access.
- Restore iPhone
- 1. How to Restore iPhone
- 2. Restore iPhone from iPad Backup
- 3. Restore iPhone from Backup
- 4. Restore Data after iOS Update Crash
- 5. Restore iPhone after Jailbreak
- 6. Undo Deleted Text iPhone
- 7. Recover iPhone after Restore
- 8. Restore iPhone in Recovery Mode
- 9. Restore Deleted Photos from iPhone
- 10. iPad Backup Extractors
- 11. Restore iPad Mini from Backup
- 12. Restore iPad without iTunes
- 13. Restore from iCloud Backup
- 14. Restore WhatsApp from iCloud
- iPhone Restore Tips