3 Ways to Fix iOS 12/12.3/13 Update Bricked My iPhone
There are a huge number of iOS users in the world. So it’s obvious when a new iOS version is released, every iOS device user would want to upgrade their iOS version to the latest one. Recently Apple has released iOS 12/12.3/13, and a lot of users have faced problem while upgrading their iOS.
iOS 12/12.3/13 update just bricked iPhone/iPad when users are trying to upgrade their iOS. It’s the worst situation for anyone that you try to upgrade the iOS version to the new iOS 12/12.3/13. But during the update process, your device gets stuck on the “Connect to iTunes” logo. Your iPhone/iPad device actually gets frozen and it can’t be used. Most of the users panic and they try various ways to solve the issue that may increase the problem instead of fixing it. But don’t worry if you are reading this article. It will help you to solve iPhone bricked after iOS 12/12.3/13 update issue in a very short time.
Part 1: Why iPhone got bricked after iOS 12/12.3/13 update?
If you don’t know what “Bricked iPhone” means, it’s actually when your iPhone stops responding and you are not being able to operate it. Especially you will face this situation when iPhone is updated to latest iOS 12/12.3/13 or any other version. So it’s a little risky to update iPhone, but you will definitely get a working solution from this article.
There are various reasons that your iPhone/iPad gets bricked. This usually happens if the iOS update is not installed completed or properly. Also, it's better not to update iOS on the first day it's released as Apple Server might be too busy. So your iPhone bricked after iOS 12/12.3/13 update is because your iOS software update started but it didn’t actually complete! It stuck and now you can’t use your iPhone, let alone upgrading it to a new iOS version.
Part 2: Force Restart it to fix iPhone/iPad won't turn on
If you are one of the iOS device users who say, “iOS 12/12.3/13 bricked my iPhone”, then this part might probably give you an immediate help. Sometimes a simple forced restart can fix your iPhone/iPad back to its normal form. But if you don’t find your solution after restarting your iPhone, you must follow a proper solution from this article. Here is how to fix iPhone bricked after iOS 12/12.3/13 update by force restart.
- First, you need to hold the “Sleep/Wake” and “Home” buttons together for iPhone 6 and older, until the Apple Logo appears on the screen.
- For iPhone 7, “Sleep/Wake” and “Volume” button together.
- If it fails to restart your device, you need to try the Part 3 of this article for the more effective solution.
Part 3: How to fix iPhone/iPad bricked without data loss?
You can easily fix iPhone bricked after iOS 12/12.3/13 update issue by using iTunes. But there is a big chance of losing important data from your iPhone/iPad. So if you don't want to lose your data, you can use dr.fone - System Repair. This amazing software will solve various kinds of iOS issues like black screen, reboot looping, stuck on Apple logo, blue screen of death etc. and more. It’s compatible with almost all iOS versions and all iOS devices. It runs on both Windows and Mac computers. You can easily solve iOS 12/12.3/13 update bricks iPhone issue without any problem.
Fix iOS 12/12.3/13 Update Bricked My iPhone without data loss
- Only fix your iOS to normal, no data loss at all.
- Fix various iOS system issues stuck in recovery mode, white Apple logo, black screen, looping on start, etc.
- Fixes other iPhone error and iTunes errors, such as iTunes error 4013, error 14, iTunes error 27,iTunes error 9 and more.
- Works for all models of iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Fully compatible with the latest iOS 13.
Here is how to fix iOS 12/12.3/13 update bricked iPhone without data loss.
- Download and install dr.fone - System Repair (iOS) in your PC and launch it. After that, when you see the main interface of dr.fone - System Repair (iOS), you need to choose the “System Repair” option.
- Now connect your iPhone to your PC by using a USB cable and wait till the software recognizes your device. Then select the “Standard Mode” option and retain data after fixing the device.
- Now you need to put your device to the DFU (Device Firmware Update) mode by following the on-screen instructions. First, hold the Power and Home button at the same time for at least 10 seconds. Now, release the Power button while holding the Home button till the device enters the DFU mode.
- Now you will have to provide your device name, model and number etc. to download its firmware. Now click on the “Start” button to start downloading.
- The download will continue now and you’ll have to wait for some time till the necessary firmware is downloaded to your device properly. You need to make sure that your device doesn’t disconnect from your PC. Once the firmware is downloaded, click Fix Now to start fixing the bricked iPhone.
- Finally, your device will restart into normal mode after fixing this issue. If it doesn’t, you can click on the “Try again” button to repeat the full process.
Part 4: How to fix iPhone/iPad bricked with iTunes?
One of the most obvious ways to fix iPhone bricked after iOS 12/12.3/13 update issue is using iTunes. But the major problem in this process is, it has a big chance of wiping all the data available on your iPhone. As iOS 12/12.3/13 update bricks iPhone, you need put iPhone in Recovery Mode and restore it with iTunes. You must back up your iPhone to iTunes before updating to iOS 12/12.3/13. Without keeping a backup, there will be no other way left for you to solve iPhone bricked by using iTunes and not lose all your data. So if you don’t want any kind of problem regarding this issue, the simplest solution will be to use dr.fone - System Repair and fix your device easily.
But if you still want to follow your heart and use iTunes, then here is how to use iTunes to fix iPhone or iPad bricked issue.
- At first, you need to put your iPhone into recovery mode. Connect your iPhone to computer using a lightning cable.
- Now, press the Home button of your iPhone and don’t leave it for at least 5 seconds while you connect your iPhone to your PC. Then, launch iTunes on your PC and the symbol of iTunes will display on your iPhone’s screen. Your device will go into the recovery mode now.
- After you launch iTunes, the problem of your device will be detected by it immediately. Then you will get a popup message that will ask you to restore or update your device. This issue can be easily solved by restoring your device as it ways occurred while upgrading to iOS 12/12.3/13. So click on the “Restore” button till iTunes fixes the issue of your iPhone.
- If you have already backed up your device before in iTunes, you can easily restore your device again. Go to “Summary” option and then click on the “Restore Backup” button to restore the backup.
When you are unable to install or upgrade your iOS version and an error occurs while upgrading iOS, your iPhone gets bricked. It’s really obvious because immediately released iOS versions can be a little buggy and you need to wait till it’s fully released.
If you want to solve this issue in the old fashioned way then you can use iTunes and solve it. But you must remember that this will wipe all the data from your phone which you may have never expected before. So if you want to solve iPhone bricked after iOS 12/12.3/13 update issue, then the best choice for you is dr.fone - System Repair. This tool will help you to restore your iOS device into normal mode and restore your device firmware. Try using dr.fone - System Repair for this issue and you will understand the value of this useful software. I hope that after reading this article your iOS 12/12.3/13 update bricks iPhone issue will be solved completely and easily with the help of Dr.Fone – Repair.
- 1. iOS 12 Troubleshooting
- 1. iOS 12 Beta Problems
- 2. Downgrade iOS 12 to iOS 11
- 3. Photos Disappeared from iPhone after iOS 12 Update
- 4. iOS 12 Data Recovery
- 5. iOS 12 Downgrade Stuck on Recovery Mode/DFU Mode/Apple Logo
- 6. WhatsApp Problems with iOS 12 and Solutions
- 7. iOS 12 Update Bricked iPhone
- 8. iOS 12 Freezing iPhone
- 9. iOS 12 Attempting Data Recovery
- 2. iOS 12 Tips