Water Damaged iPod touch! How to Recover Data from your iPod
- Part 1: How to Recover Data From a Water Damaged iPod Touch
- Part 2: What to Do When your iPod Falls in Water
It can be the worst thing ever, you walk right by a small body of water and your iPod Touch falls in. Or you're in the kitchen, listening to some music as you do the dishes and a freak accident ends up with your iPod in the sink full of water. You can try to dry out the Apple device or even get it to the most capable repairman. But we all know that your first thought would be how to get all the data stored on the device.
Usually when the device dries and even by some miracle is fixed, data loss is the eventual consequence. So how can you recover data from a water damaged iPod Touch? Read on to find out.
The best and most efficient way to recover data from your water damaged iPod Touch is to use dr.fone - iPhone Data Recovery. This World's 1st Data Recovery software for iOS devices, provides you with three easy ways to recover data from your iOS device. Some of the features that make it the best include;
- • It can be used to recover all types of data including photos, contacts, videos, messages, call logs, notes and many more.
- • It is compatible with all iOS device models
- • It can be used to recover data lost under any and all circumstances including data that has been accidentally deleted, recover data from a lost or stolen device, from a device that is unresponsive and from a water damaged device among many others.
- • It is very easy to use
How to use dr.fone to recover data from your iPod Touch
You can recover data from your water damaged iPod Touch in one of the following three ways.
1.Recover from the iPod Touch
Note: If you have not backed up the data before, then its risky to recovery all the media files like music and video to your iPod. If you just want to recover other types of data including calling history, attachment, memo and other text files.
Step 1: Download and install dr.fone on your computer. Launch the program and then connect the iPod Touch using USB cables. The program will detect the device and open "Recover from iOS Device."
Step 2: Click "Start Scan" to allow the program to begin scanning your iPod for lost data.
Step 3: Once the scanning process is complete, you should see all the data on your iPod Touch displayed in the next window. Select the types of files you would like to recover and then click on "Recover to Device" or "Recover to Computer."
2.Recover from your iTunes Backup files
If you regularly backed up your iPod Touch via iTunes you can recover data from the iTunes backup files. Here's how.
Step 1: Launch the program on your computer and select "Recover from iTunes Backup File." All of the iTunes backup files on the computer will be displayed in the next window.
Step 2: Select the latest one or the one that contains the data you want to recover and click "Start Scan." Once the scan is complete, select the data you want to recover and choose either "Recover to Device" or "Recover to Computer."
3.Recover from your iCloud Backup Files
You can also recover data from your iCloud files. To do that, follow these very simple steps.
Step 1: Launch Dr Fone on your computer and then select "Recover from iCloud Data Files." Log in to your iCloud account.
Step 2: You should see all the iCloud backup files. Select the most recent one or the one with the data you want to recover and then click "download."
Step 3: In the popup window, select the types of files you would like to download and then click "Start Scan" to continue.
Step 4: Once the scan is complete, preview the data and then select the data you want to recover. Choose to "Recover to Computer" or "Recover to Device."
There are a few things you can do to try and salvage your device if it falls in water. Keep in mind that even as you try these measures, your device may be damaged beyond repair. But they are worth a try.
- • Do not try to use the device. Take it out of the water and turn it off.
- • Remove the SIM, battery and other accessible parts.
- • Rub it with a towel to absorb some of the water and even shale it a little bit to remove water from the ports
- • Put the phone is a big bowl and then cover it with uncooked rice for about 24 hours. Once the 24 hours are up, try turning it on. If it doesn't work try the next three days.
Your Water damaged device may be dead to the world but you dont have to lose the data on it. Use Wondershare dr.fone to recover this data so your life can pick up where you left off when you get the device fixed or you buy a new iPod Touch.
Video on How to Recover Water Damaged iPod Touch
- 1 iPhone Recovery
- Recover Deleted Photos from iPhone
- Recover Deleted Picture Messages from iPhone
- Recover Deleted Video on iPhone
- Recover Voicemail from iPhone
- iPhone Memory Recovery
- Recover iPhone Voice Memos
- Recover Deleted Calendars on iPhone
- Recover Call History on iPhone
- Retrieve Deleted iPhone Reminders
- Recover iPhone Bookmark
- Recycle Bin on iPhone
- Recover Lost iPhone Data
- Recover iPad Bookmark
- Recover iPod Touch before Unlock
- Recover iPod Touch Photos
- iPhone Photos Disappeard
- 2 iPhone Recovery Software
- Tenorshare iPhone Data Recovery Alternative
- Review top iOS Data Recovery Software
- Top Mobile Phone Data Recovery
- Fonepaw iPhone Data Recovery Alternative
- 3 Broken Device Recovery