How to Transfer Music from Computer to iPad With and Without iTunes
"I have bought a new iPad recently and would like to enjoy my music collection on iPad when I am out of home. But I don't know how to transfer music from computer to iPad. How can I achieve it?"
As we all know, users can transfer music from computer to iPad with iTunes. But if you want to transfer music to iPad from different computers, iTunes won't work as it can only sync music from one computer. So Here, we will provide two solutions in details how to transfer music from computer to iPad with iTunes and without iTunes.
Part 1. How to Transfer Music from Computer to iPad without iTunesWhat You Will Need:
- Dr.Fone - Phone Manager (iOS)
- A PC or Mac which has a music collection to transfer music
- Your iPad and its USB cable
Dr.Fone - Phone Manager (iOS)
Transfer Music from Computer to iPad without iTunes
- Transfer, manage, export/import your music, photos, videos, contacts, SMS, Apps etc.
- Backup your music, photos, videos, contacts, SMS, Apps etc. to computer and restore them easily.
- Transfer music, photos, videos, contacts, messages, etc from one smartphone to another.
- Transfer media files between iOS devices and iTunes.
- Support all iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch models with any iOS versions.
Step 1. Run Dr.Fone on Your Computer
Download, install and launch Dr.Fone on your computer. Choose "Phone Manager" from all the functions and connect your iPad to computer with the USB cable. You can see the connected iPad as soon as it has successfully connected to the computer.
Step 2. Add Music
Click Music icon on the top, and you'll see the music library on your iPad. Click the "+Add" button and from the drop down list select "Add File" or "Add Folder" to add music files from your computer. If you only want to select some music file, then click Add File; if you want to tranfer all the music in one folder, then click Add Folder. Here we click Add File for example.
Step 3. Select Location and Transfer Songs from Computer to iPad
A new window will pop up and let you select a location to save the songs on your computer.
After selecting music files and location to save it, Dr.Fone will start transferring music from computer to iPad. If you have files which are incompatible with your iPad, Dr.Fone will convert them and then transfer.
Note. Convert Music to iPad-Compatible Format Automatically
iTunes and iOS devices don't support all kinds of audio formats, and only limited formats such as MP3, M4A and so on are supported. But if you transfer music from computer to iPad with Dr.Fone, the software will automatically convert the imcompatible files to MP3 and then transfer them to iPad.
Benefits of Transferring Music from Computer to iPad With Dr.Fone - Phone Manager (iOS)
- Transfer music from computer to iPad without any limits.
- No data will be erased during the transfer process.
- Transfer music between different iDevices and computers with ease.
- It's very fast and easy to use for the users to copy music from computer to iPad.
Part 2. How to Transfer Music from Computer to iPad with iTunesWhat You Will Need
- An iPad
- A PC or Mac which has a music collection to transfer music with iTunes installed
- A USB Cable for your iPad
Steps to Transfer Music from Computer to iPad
Step 1. Download, install and launch your iTunes Library on your computer, and select Edit > Preferences > Devices, then check "Prevent iPods, iPhones, and iPads from syncing automatically". With this item checked, your iPad won't sync with iTunes automatically.
Step 2. Connect iPad to computer with the USB cable, iTunes will detect the iPad automatically. You can click the triangle beside iPad and then tap Music, then you can see the existing music files on the iPad..
Step 3. Click File at the upper left corner of iTunes, and choose Add File to Library or Add Folder to Library. Then select the music files which you want to transfer from computer to iPad.
Step 4. Click the iPad icon at the top middle in iTunes, and your iPad library appears in the left sidebar. Then you should select Music in the sidebar and click Sync Music at the top of iTunes, select "Remove and Sync" from the pop-up window.
Step 5. Check "Entire music library" or "Selected playlists, artists, albums, and genres". If you have selected the latter option, you can select the songs in the box below to transfer. Then Click Apply at the right bottom to start to transfer music from computer to iPad with iTunes.
Using iTunes to transfer music from computer to ipad is very easy, and it's the most widely used application for the users to manage their iOS devices. However, you should bear these rules in mind before using it to transfer music from computer to iPad: Your iTunes can only trust 5 devices on one computer. Otherwise, iTunes will erase your iPad data when adding music from your computer to your iPad. It means: don't switch computers, don't sync your iPad with other people's computers, don't snap songs directly on the Internet via your iPad, etc. Or you'll suffer from data loss.
Part 3. Comparison Table between Dr.Fone - Phone Manager (iOS) and iTunes
|Dr.Fone - Phone Manager (iOS)||iTunes|
|Transfer Speed||Fast||Normally Fast. Slow when Transferring Many Files|
|Erase Data During Sync||No||Yes|
|Fix Music Info||Automatically||No|
|Get Music||Transfer Music from PC, iTunes, iDevices||Apple Music & iTunes Store|
|Compatibility||Compatible with All iOS Devices||Compatible with All iOS Devices|
- 1. Transfer iPhone Music
- 1. Transfer Music from iPhone to iCloud
- 2. Transfer Music from Mac to iPhone
- 3. Transfer Music from Computer to iPhone
- 4. Transfer Music from iPhone to iPhone
- 5. Transfer Music Between Computer and iPhone
- 6. Transfer Music from iPhone to iPod
- 7. Transfer Music to Jailbroken iPhone
- 8. Put Music on iPhone X/iPhone 8
- 2. Transfer iPod Music
- 1. Transfer Music from iPod Touch to Computer
- 2. Extract Music from iPod
- 3. Transfer Music from iPod to New Computer
- 4. Transfer Music from iPod to Hard Drive
- 5. Transfer Music from Hard Drive to iPod
- 6. Transfer Music from iPod to Computer
- 3. Transfer iPad Music
- 4. Other Music Transfer Tips