How to Recover Data from Broken/Dead iPad？
It's really frustrating when your iPad (iOS 16/17 included) goes broken badly or becomes dead. Since the iPad can't be repaired, saving data from it becomes urgent. Many people only know that they can restore iPad data from iTunes backup with another iOS device if there is. Actually, there are still other ways.
As we know, iTunes backup for your iPad can't be viewed or accessed. If you want to save iPad data on your computer, in fact, you can use a third-party tool to extract the iTunes backup and get all data out of it. This is the first way, relying on your iTunes backup. What if you don't have an iTunes backup? Also, you can use another tool to directly scan your dead iPad for data recovery. Therefore, the possibility is very large.
Part 1: How to Recover Data from Broken, Dead iPad?
Currently, both Mac users and Windows users can use Dr.Fone - Data Recovery (iOS) to retrieve data on your broken iPad by extracting iTunes backup file or iCloud backup, or recover data directly from the broken iPad. It can also help you recover data from a broken iPhone.
3 Ways to Recover Data from Broken iPad!
- Recover contacts directly from iPad, iTunes backup, and iCloud backup.
- Retrieve contacts including numbers, names, emails, job titles, companies, etc.
- Support all iPhone, iPad, and iPod devices, including the latest iOS version!
- Recover data lost due to deletion, device loss, jailbreak, iOS upgrade, etc.
- Selectively preview and recover any data you want.
Part 2: How to Extract Data from Broken iPad by iTunes Backup File?
- Step 1. Run Dr.Fone, go to Toolbox > Data Recovery > iOS, then choose the “Recover Data from iTunes” mode.
- Step 2. Connect your iPad to your computer. As your iPad is detected, you will see all backup files on your iTunes. Choose the one you want to recover.
- Step 3. Click “Start Scan” to scan the backup file, after the scan is completed, select the contents and then click the button “Recover to Computer” to save the backup file to your computer.
Part 3. How to Extract Data from Broken iPad by iCloud Backup File?
Dr.Fone is a powerful software tool that specializes in data recovery for iOS devices. It offers a user-friendly interface and a range of features to help you retrieve your lost data. Here's a step-by-step guide on how to use Dr.Fone to recover broken iPad data from iCloud.
- Step 1. Start by downloading and installing Dr.Fone on your computer. It is compatible with both Windows and Mac operating systems. Once the installation is complete, launch the software. On the Dr.Fone main interface, click on the “Data Recovery” tab. From the options provided, select “Recover from iCloud Backup”. This allows you to access your iCloud account and retrieve your data.
- Step 2. Next, you will need to sign in to your iCloud account using your Apple ID and password. Rest assured that Dr.Fone takes privacy and security seriously, so your personal information will remain protected.
- Step 3. After signing in, you will see a list of all the iCloud backup files associated with your Apple ID. Choose the backup file that contains the data you want to recover from your broken iPad. Then click “Next” to continue.
- Step 4. Once the iCloud backup file is downloaded, Dr.Fone will display a list of all the data categories that can be recovered. These include photos, contacts, notes, and more. Select the specific data types you want to recover, or simply choose “Select All” to retrieve everything.
- Step 5. After selecting the data types, Dr.Fone will scan the iCloud backup file to locate the lost or deleted data. Once the scanning process is complete, you can preview the recoverable data. Take your time to go through the files and select the ones you want to recover. Once you've made your selections, click on the “Recover” button.
Part 4. How to Recover Data Directly from Broken iPad?
If your iPad can connect to a computer, Dr.Fone also can help you find the data, even if you haven't backed it up before. Follow the step below:
- Step 1. Run Dr.Fone, go to Toolbox > Data Recovery > iOS, then choose the “Recover from iOS Device” mode.
- Step 2. Connect your iPad to your computer, Dr.Fone will show you a window on selecting the type of data you want to recover after your iPad is connected successfully. Click “Start Scan”, Dr.Fone is detecting the data of your iPad now, wait a few minutes.
- Step 3. When the scan is finished, choose the contents you want and click the button “Recover to Computer” to save them.
Losing data from a broken or dead iPad can be a stressful experience, but with Dr.Fone - Data Recovery (iOS), you can easily recover your lost files. Whether you want to recover data directly from your broken iPad, extract it from iTunes or iCloud backups, Dr.Fone has got you covered. So, don't panic, download Dr.Fone - Data Recovery (iOS) and get back your precious data in no time.
- iPad Manage
- 1. Download Movies on iPad
- 2. Download Music on iPad
- 3. Delete Duplicate Photos on iPad
- 4. Use iPad as An External Hard Drive
- 5. Delete Device Management on iPad
- 6. iPad Remote Management Software
- 7. Send Text Messages from iPad
- 8. Download WhatsApp on iPad
- 9. Change Weather Location on iPad
- iPad Backup
- 1. Ways to Restore iPad Without iTunes
- 2. Restore iPhone from iPad Backup
- 3. Backup iPhone/iPad in DFU Mode
- iPad Erase
- 1. Clear iPad data effectively
- 2. Delete Bookmarks on iPhone/iPad
- 3. Delete Browsing History on iPad
- 4. Ways to Delete Movies from iPad
- 5. Clear Cookies on iPad
- 6. Permanently Delete Emails from iPad
- 7. Wipe your iPad and Erase Everything
- 8. Clear System Data on iPad Storage
- iPad Mirror
- 1. Screen Recorders for iPad
- 2. Mirror iPad to Fire TV Stick
- 3. Screen Share Mac to iPad
- 4. Screen Mirror iPad Display
- 5. Share iPad Screen with PC
- 6. Screen Mirroring iPhone to iPad
- 7. iPad Mirror to PC without Lagging
- 8. Mirror iPad to Mac without Lagging
- iPad Recover
- 1. Recover Deleted Files on iPad
- 2. Recover Data from Broken iPad
- 3. Recover Deleted Safari Bookmarks
- 4. Recover Deleted Notes from iPad
- iPad Reset
- 1. Hard Reset/Factory Reset iPad 2
- 2. Reset iPad Air / Air 2
- 3. 5 Tactics to Reset Your iPad Mini
- 4. Factory Reset Your iPad Air/Pro
- 5. Factory Reset Your iPad 2023
- 6. Reset iPad, iPad Pro, and iPad Mini
- 7. Reset iPad Network Settings
- 8. Factory Reset iPad without Password
- iPad Tricks
- 1. Block People in Facebook on iPad
- 2. 25+ Cool Tips and Tricks on iPad
- 3. Play PC Games on iPad
- 4. Detect Spyware on iPhone
- 5. iPad Mini Jelly Scroll Issue
- 6. Fix Apple Keyboard Trackpad
- 7. iCloud Unlock without Passcode
- 8. Restore iPad from DFU Mode
- 9. Bypass Activation Lock on iPad
- 10. Photo Transfer Apps for iPad
- 11. Remove MDM from iPad Like a Pro
- 12. Reset iPad without Password