How to Add Music to iPod Classic from PC and iTunes
Among all iPod models, iPod classic owns the largest capacity. For music lovers, iPod classic is a good choice. If you get an iPod classic, you may want to add music to it. Here, I’ll offer you two ways to transfer music to iPod classic.
Part 1: Add music to iPod classic from PC and iTunes
To add music from computer to iPod classic, I’d like to advice you this program – Dr.Fone - Phone Manager (iOS) . It gives you the power to add music from iTunes and PC to your iPod classic, iPod classic 2, iPod classic 3, iPod Shuffle, iPod Nano, and iPod Touch immediately. It will retains song information and fix ID3 tags, like ratings, play count, will be added to your iPod classic, which lets you quickly find your wanted music. Surprisingly, it never deletes previous songs on your iPod classic when adding music to it. At the same time, if the music file has an incompatible format, this program will also convert it to iPod classic friendly format. The quality remains the same and there is no loss over the transfer.
Transfer Music from Computer to iPod/iPhone/iPad without iTunes
- Transfer, manage, export/import your music, photos, videos, contacts, SMS, Apps etc.
- Backup your music, photos, videos, contacts, SMS, Apps etc. to computer and restore them easily.
- Transfer music, photos, videos, contacts, messages, etc from one smartphone to another.
- Transfer media files between iOS devices and iTunes.
- Support all iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch models with any iOS versions.
Step 1. Launch this program on your PC
Install and launch Dr.Fone - Phone Manager (iOS) on your computer. The primary window appears.
Step 2. Connect iPod classic to the computer
To add music to iPod classic, connect your iPod classic to the computer via a USB cable. After detected, your iPod classic will be displayed in the primary window.
Step3. How to add music to iPod classic from PC and iTunes
This program lets you not only transfer music to iPod classic without iTunes, but transfer music from iTunes to iPod classic easily. Now, lets’ start!
Under your iPod classic directory tree, click "Music". Then, in the music window, click "+ Add" > "Add file" or "Add folder".
When the file browser window pops up, navigate to the location where you save music files. Choose your wanted music files and click "Open" to import them to your iPod classic.
You can also simply click Transfer iTunes Media to Device to add music to iPod classic from iTunes library.
Video Tutorial: How to Add Music to iPod Classic from PC and iTunes
Part 2: Sync music to iPod classic with iTunes
It’s also easy to sync music to iPod classic. Connect your iPod classic to the computer. Open iTunes. If the sidebar is hidden, you can click "View" >"Show Sidebar". Then, click your iPod classic under "Device". Then, all info on your iPod classic is shown on the right. Click "Music". In the music sync window, choose a sync type to sync music to your iPod classic.
Except Sync way, there is also a manual way to transfer music from computer to iPod classic.
Step 1. Open iTunes and connect your iPod to the computer. Click File > Add file to Library.
Step 2. Select music from the computer, then hit OK.
Step 3. You will find the music ono the iTunes "Recently Added".
Step 4. Drag and drop the music to your iPod.
Both ways work well in adding music to iPod classic in this artilce. I prefer the way in Part 1. That’s because you can not only transfer and convert music from PC and iTunes to iPod classic, but you will lose no songs during the transferring. Besides, this program enables you to export music on iPod classic to iTunes and PC, and delete songs on your iPod classic.
Why not download it have a try? If this guide helps, don't forget to share it with your friends.
- iPod Erase
- 1. Clear Data from iPod-Full Guide
- 2. Add Music to iPod Classic
- 3. Delete Duplicate Songs on iPod
- 4. Delete Songs from iPod Nano
- 5. Reset iPod Touch
- iPod Recover
- iPod Transfer
- 1. Transfer Photos to iPod Touch
- 2. Transfer Music to Hard Drive
- 3. Put music on iPod shuffle
- 4. Transfer MP3 to iPod
- 5. Transfer Music to iTunes
- 6. Get Free Music for iPod Touch
- 7. Transfer Music from iMac to iPod
- 8. Add Videos to iPod nano
- 9. Transfer Music from iPhone to iPod
- iPod Unlock
- 1. Recover Data before Unlocking iPod
- 2. iPod is Disabled Connect to iTunes
- 3. Unlock iPod Touch without iTunes
- iPod Manage
- 1. Screen Record on iPod
- 2. Download Music to iPod
- 3. Download WhatsApp on iPod
- 4. Delete Songs from iPod Classic
- 5. Edit Playlist on iPod
- 6. Get Music Off iPod with iTunes
- 7. Put Podcast on iPod
- 8. Factory Reset iPod without iTunes
- 9. Extract Music from iPod to iTunes
- iPod Problems
- 1. Backup iPod in DFU Mode
- 2. Restore iPod from DFU mode
- 3. Fix Stuck in Disk Mode Error
- 4. Using DFU Mode on iPod Touch
- 5. Fix iPod is Frozen
- 6. Fix iPod Touch won't Charge
- 7. Fix iPod Stuck on the Apple Logo
- 8. Fixes for iPod Won't Turn on
- 9. Resolve iPod Not Showing Up
- 10. Fix iPod Stuck in Recovery Mode
- 10. Fix iPod Not Syncing Files