How to Factory Reset iPad without iCloud Password or Apple ID?
If you are an iPad owner and are looking to reset your iPad without knowing the passcode, you do not need to worry anymore. Most gadget owners already know how to factory reset their phones. But in cases where you have forgotten your Apple ID password or passcode and want to reset your iPad, it can be done via various ways and techniques. Here, we shall discuss a few of them.
In this article, you shall find multiple ways by which you can effectively factory reset iPad without iCloud password and get a clean slate to work on. A factory reset will wipe all the data off of your iPad, so be mindful of that. The methods are all quite simple yet effective in producing the desired result. Without further ado, let us begin!
Part 1: How to Factory Reset iPad without Apple ID by Removing Apple ID?
If you wish to factory reset the iPad without an Apple ID password or iTunes, one simple way to do it is via third-party application software. A quite wonderful tool in this regard is the Dr.Fone - Screen Unlock tool. It lets its users remove multiple types of locks from screens on several different devices. Using an external tool saves users from various kinds of troubles that may arise along the way.
The Dr.Fone program is a highly useful and recommended tool for unlocking phone screens. It supports a wide range of phone models and multiple brands, including Apple, Samsung, Xiaomi, Huawei, LG, etc. Users can easily remove screen locks of multiple kinds. In addition to that, Dr.Fone also:
- It saves a lot of time and effort for the users and does its job quickly.
- Supports many brands and all the latest versions of iOS and Android.
- Protects the data of consumers, making it a trusted source worldwide.
- It is relatively easy to use, with a user-friendly interface.
To factory reset the iPad without Apple ID using Dr.Fone, install the program on your computer, and proceed as mentioned below.Step 1: Launch and Connect the Program to iPad
Launch the Dr.Fone Screen Unlock app on your computer and connect your iPad with the help of a data or a USB cable.Step 2: Choose Option
On the main interface of the program, you will see various options to choose from. Click on the “Screen Unlock” button visible there.Step 3: Select Unlock Option
On the next screen, you will see multiple options. Choose the “Unlock Apple ID” one.Step 4: Establish a Trusted Connection
Now, tap the “Trust” button on your iPad to establish a trusted connection with the computer to proceed further.Step 5: Reset iPad
Then, on your computer screen, click on "Unlock Now." Confirm the action on the appearing dialogue box. Next, follow the instructions visible on the screen to reset your iPad.Step 6: Remove Apple ID
Dr.Fone will begin the process of unlocking your iPad. Do not disconnect the iPad during this process. Once the process is completed, reboot your iPad, and you shall be able to sign in with a new Apple ID.
Part 2: Factory Reset iPad without iCloud Password
In case you are asking yourself if it is possible to reset your iPad without an iCloud password, the answer is yes. If you want to learn how to factory reset an iPad without an iCloud password, an easy way of doing so is with an iTunes or Finder.
For Mac users with macOS Catalina 10.15 or later, they can complete the process with Finder's help. Windows users and macOS users with older versions can use iTunes. Before restoring the iPad without an iCloud password, you are required to put it into Recovery mode. For that, you need to follow the steps provided as follows.
Step 1. Turn off your iPad
- On an iPad with Face ID: Make sure your iPad is not connected with your computer. Press and hold the Top and Volume Down button to allow the power slider to appear on the screen. Drag the slider to turn off the device.
- On an iPad with Home Button: Make sure your iPad is not connected to a computer. Press the Side or Top button to allow the power slider to enumerate on the screen. Once it is done, drag the slider to turn off the device.
Step 2. Enter Recovery mode
- On an iPad with Face ID: Connect your device to a computer. Hold the Top button for leading into the recovery mode while connecting it with the computer.
- On an iPad with a Home button: Connect your iPad to your computer. Keep holding the Home button while connecting it with the computer until the recovery mode screen appears on the front.
Step 3. Open iTunes or Finder on the computer
Open iTunes and access your iPad through the iPad's icon present on the screen's upper-left corner. With Finder on Mac, locate your iPad in the sidebar of its window. Tap it.
Step 4. Restore your iPad and set it up
The screen displays an option of ‘Restore’ or ‘Update’ for the iPad. Tap on the option of ‘Restore’ to let the platform download the software into the iPad within the recovery mode. Then set it up as a new device.
Part 3: How to Reset iPad without Apple ID via the Settings App?
Another way of resetting your iPad is via the Settings app present on your device. You can unlock a disabled iPad or remove all data by executing a total wipe of the iPad using Settings. However, before starting, please ensure that your iPad is connected to the internet and the “Find My iPhone” feature is disabled on it. You will also need to know the passcode of your iPad to proceed with this method.
Once you have done all of that, follow the steps given below.
- Open “Settings” on your iPad.
- Go to "General."
- Navigate to the “Reset” option and click on it.
- Select the “Erase All Content and Settings” option.
- Type in your passcode to confirm and proceed. This will wipe all the data on your iPad.
Based on the version of your iOS, you might be asked to enter your Apple ID password too. It will also ask for the Apple ID password if the "Find My iPhone" feature is enabled on your device. Hence, the process will not be successful without it, and your iPad will go to Activation Lock. Therefore, Dr.Fone is a simple, recommended, and reliable way of resetting the iPad without an Apple ID, saving much of the troubles.
There can be multiple reasons for resetting your iPad. Now you know how to factory reset the iPad without Apple ID. You can follow any of the above-mentioned methods to get the desired results as best suited to your needs. Some might work, and some might not. The Dr.Fone – Screen Unlock tool is recommended, as it is the most efficient among all the other methods. Try it to get proficient outcomes.
Other Popular Articles From Wondershare
iDevices Screen Lock
- iPhone Lock Screen
- Bypass iOS 14 Lock Screen
- Hard Reset on iOS 14 iPhone
- Unlock iPhone 12 without Password
- Reset iPhone 11 without Password
- Erase iPhone When It's Locked
- Unlock Disabled iPhone without iTunes
- Bypass iPhone Passcode
- Factory Reset iPhone Without Passcode
- Reset iPhone Passcode
- iPhone Is Disabled
- Unlock iPhone Without Restore
- Unlock iPad Passcode
- Get Into Locked iPhone
- Unlock iPhone 7/ 7 Plus without Passcode
- Unlock iPhone 5 Passcode without iTunes
- iPhone App Lock
- iPhone Lock Screen With Notifications
- Unlock iPhone Without Computer
- Unlock iPhone Passcode
- Unlock iPhone without Passcode
- Get Into A Locked Phone
- Reset Locked iPhone
- iPad Lock Screen
- Unlock iPad Without Password
- iPad is Disabled
- Reset iPad Password
- Reset iPad without Password
- Locked out of iPad
- Forgot iPad Screen Lock Password
- iPad Unlock Software
- Unlock Disabled iPad without iTunes
- iPod is Diabled Connect to iTunes
- Unlock Apple ID
- Unlock MDM
- Apple MDM
- iPad MDM
- Delete MDM from School iPad
- Remove MDM from iPhone
- Bypass MDM on iPhone
- Bypass MDM iOS 14
- Remove MDM from iPhone and Mac
- Remove MDM from iPad
- Jailbreak Remove MDM
- Unlock Screen Time Passcode