How to Factory Reset iPad without iCloud Password or Apple ID?
If you are an iPad owner and are looking to reset your iPad without knowing the passcode, you do not need to worry anymore. Most gadget owners already know how to factory reset their phones. But in cases where you have forgotten your Apple ID password or passcode and want to reset your iPad, it can be done via various ways and techniques. Here, we shall discuss a few of them.
In this article, you shall find multiple ways by which you can effectively factory reset iPad without iCloud password and get a clean slate to work on. A factory reset will wipe all the data off of your iPad, so be mindful of that. The methods are all quite simple yet effective in producing the desired result. Without further ado, let us begin!
Part 1: How to Factory Reset iPad without Apple ID by Removing Apple ID?
If you wish to factory reset the iPad without an Apple ID password or iTunes, one simple way to do it is via third-party application software. A quite wonderful tool in this regard is the Dr.Fone - Screen Unlock tool. It lets its users remove multiple types of locks from screens on several different devices. Using an external tool saves users from various kinds of troubles that may arise along the way.
The Dr.Fone program is a highly useful and recommended tool for unlocking phone screens. It supports a wide range of phone models and multiple brands, including Apple, Samsung, Xiaomi, Huawei, LG, etc. Users can easily remove screen locks of multiple kinds. In addition to that, Dr.Fone also:
- It saves a lot of time and effort for the users and does its job quickly.
- Supports many brands and all the latest versions of iOS and Android.
- Protects the data of consumers, making it a trusted source worldwide.
- It is relatively easy to use, with a user-friendly interface.
To factory reset the iPad without Apple ID using Dr.Fone, install the program on your computer, and proceed as mentioned below.Step 1: Launch and Connect the Program to iPad
Launch the Dr.Fone Screen Unlock app on your computer and connect your iPad with the help of a data or a USB cable.Step 2: Choose Option
On the main interface of the program, you will see various options to choose from. Click on the “Screen Unlock” button visible there.Step 3: Select Unlock Option
On the next screen, you will see multiple options. Choose the “Unlock Apple ID” one.Step 4: Establish a Trusted Connection
Now, tap the “Trust” button on your iPad to establish a trusted connection with the computer to proceed further.Step 5: Reset iPad
Then, on your computer screen, click on "Unlock Now." Confirm the action on the appearing dialogue box. Next, follow the instructions visible on the screen to reset your iPad.Step 6: Remove Apple ID
Dr.Fone will begin the process of unlocking your iPad. Do not disconnect the iPad during this process. Once the process is completed, reboot your iPad, and you shall be able to sign in with a new Apple ID.
Part 2: Factory Reset iPad without iCloud Password
In case you are asking yourself if it is possible to reset your iPad without an iCloud password, the answer is yes. If you want to learn how to factory reset an iPad without an iCloud password, an easy way of doing so is with an iTunes or Finder.
For Mac users with macOS Catalina 10.15 or later, they can complete the process with Finder's help. Windows users and macOS users with older versions can use iTunes. Before restoring the iPad without an iCloud password, you are required to put it into Recovery mode. For that, you need to follow the steps provided as follows.
Step 1. Turn off your iPad
- On an iPad with Face ID: Make sure your iPad is not connected with your computer. Press and hold the Top and Volume Down button to allow the power slider to appear on the screen. Drag the slider to turn off the device.
- On an iPad with Home Button: Make sure your iPad is not connected to a computer. Press the Side or Top button to allow the power slider to enumerate on the screen. Once it is done, drag the slider to turn off the device.
Step 2. Enter Recovery mode
- On an iPad with Face ID: Connect your device to a computer. Hold the Top button for leading into the recovery mode while connecting it with the computer.
- On an iPad with a Home button: Connect your iPad to your computer. Keep holding the Home button while connecting it with the computer until the recovery mode screen appears on the front.
Step 3. Open iTunes or Finder on the computer
Open iTunes and access your iPad through the iPad's icon present on the screen's upper-left corner. With Finder on Mac, locate your iPad in the sidebar of its window. Tap it.
Step 4. Restore your iPad and set it up
The screen displays an option of ‘Restore’ or ‘Update’ for the iPad. Tap on the option of ‘Restore’ to let the platform download the software into the iPad within the recovery mode. Then set it up as a new device.
Part 3: How to Reset iPad without Apple ID via the Settings App?
Another way of resetting your iPad is via the Settings app present on your device. You can unlock a disabled iPad or remove all data by executing a total wipe of the iPad using Settings. However, before starting, please ensure that your iPad is connected to the internet and the “Find My iPhone” feature is disabled on it. You will also need to know the passcode of your iPad to proceed with this method.
Once you have done all of that, follow the steps given below.
- Open “Settings” on your iPad.
- Go to "General."
- Navigate to the “Reset” option and click on it.
- Select the “Erase All Content and Settings” option.
- Type in your passcode to confirm and proceed. This will wipe all the data on your iPad.
Based on the version of your iOS, you might be asked to enter your Apple ID password too. It will also ask for the Apple ID password if the "Find My iPhone" feature is enabled on your device. Hence, the process will not be successful without it, and your iPad will go to Activation Lock. Therefore, Dr.Fone is a simple, recommended, and reliable way of resetting the iPad without an Apple ID, saving much of the troubles.
There can be multiple reasons for resetting your iPad. Now you know how to factory reset the iPad without Apple ID. You can follow any of the above-mentioned methods to get the desired results as best suited to your needs. Some might work, and some might not. The Dr.Fone – Screen Unlock tool is recommended, as it is the most efficient among all the other methods. Try it to get proficient outcomes.
- iPad Manage
- 1. Download Movies on iPad
- 2. Download Music on iPad
- 3. Delete Duplicate Photos on iPad
- 4. Use iPad as An External Hard Drive
- 5. Delete Device Management on iPad
- 6. iPad Remote Management Software
- 7. Send Text Messages from iPad
- 8. Download WhatsApp on iPad
- 9. Change Weather Location on iPad
- iPad Backup
- 1. Ways to Restore iPad Without iTunes
- 2. Restore iPhone from iPad Backup
- 3. Backup iPhone/iPad in DFU Mode
- iPad Erase
- 1. Clear iPad data effectively
- 2. Delete Bookmarks on iPhone/iPad
- 3. Delete Browsing History on iPad
- 4. Ways to Delete Movies from iPad
- 5. Clear Cookies on iPad
- 6. Permanently Delete Emails from iPad
- 7. Wipe your iPad and Erase Everything
- 8. Clear System Data on iPad Storage
- iPad Mirror
- 1. Screen Recorders for iPad
- 2. Mirror iPad to Fire TV Stick
- 3. Screen Share Mac to iPad
- 4. Screen Mirror iPad Display
- 5. Share iPad Screen with PC
- 6. Screen Mirroring iPhone to iPad
- 7. iPad Mirror to PC without Lagging
- 8. Mirror iPad to Mac without Lagging
- iPad Recover
- 1. Recover Deleted Files on iPad
- 2. Recover Data from Broken iPad
- 3. Recover Deleted Safari Bookmarks
- 4. Recover Deleted Notes from iPad
- iPad Reset
- 1. Hard Reset/Factory Reset iPad 2
- 2. Reset iPad Air / Air 2
- 3. 5 Tactics to Reset Your iPad Mini
- 4. Factory Reset Your iPad Air/Pro
- 5. Factory Reset Your iPad 2023
- 6. Reset iPad, iPad Pro, and iPad Mini
- 7. Reset iPad Network Settings
- 8. Factory Reset iPad without Password
- iPad Tricks
- 1. Block People in Facebook on iPad
- 2. 25+ Cool Tips and Tricks on iPad
- 3. Play PC Games on iPad
- 4. Detect Spyware on iPhone
- 5. iPad Mini Jelly Scroll Issue
- 6. Fix Apple Keyboard Trackpad
- 7. iCloud Unlock without Passcode
- 8. Restore iPad from DFU Mode
- 9. Bypass Activation Lock on iPad
- 10. Photo Transfer Apps for iPad
- 11. Remove MDM from iPad Like a Pro
- 12. Reset iPad without Password