How to Reset iPad Air/Air 2? Things You May Not Know
There are a number of situations when you need to reset your iPad. Whether you are planning to sell your iPad or get tired from the software issues on iPad, a reset operating help you erase all of your device data and settings so that you can use the iPad as a new one. Before you learn how to reset the iPad, you need to first understand what’s the difference between reset, hard reset and factory reset?
Well, a simple reset is software operation that won’t erase data on your iPad. A hard reset is generally performed when the device is experiencing software issues, virus or not functioning as usual. It clears the memory linked with the hardware and eventually, installs the latest version on the device.
On the other hand, a factory reset restores the device to its default settings by completely erasing all data and settings on the device. The process enables you to set up your iPad as brand new. To learn how to reset iPad Air 2, continue reading this post.
Part 1: 3 ways to reset iPad Air / Air 2
Here, we are going to mention three ways you can try to reset your iPad Air/Air 2 and so, let’s give a look at them all:
1.1 Reset iPad Air / Air 2 without password
If you are looking for a way to reset your iPad without password, then try Dr.Fone - Screen Unlock (iOS). There are many situations when you forget your device password or accidentally locked it. If this happens to you also and so, you want to reset your iOS device, then all you need to use is Unlock feature of the Dr.Fone tool. It can help you unlock your iPad Air/Air 2 and reset it within a few minutes.
To learn how to reset iPad Air 2 without password using Dr.Fone - Screen Unlock (iOS), download it on your computer and then, follow the below steps:
Step 1: After installing the Dr.Fone on your computer, run it and connect your device to the computer using a digital cable. Then, choose “Unlock” module.
Step 2: Now, you have to provide your device information to download the right firmware for your iOS device. Once it is downloaded, click on “Unlock Now” button.
Step 3: In a while, your device will be automatically unlocked and data will also be wiped out on your iPad.
1.2 Reset iPad Air / Air 2
If you see that your iPad Air/Air 2 is running a little bit slower - perhaps it is lagging or stuttering a little or you are facing trouble while loading a particular app, then you can reset your device. It is also known as soft reset, in which you simply turn off and on your iPad to fix minor issues.
A reset won’t erase any settings or data from your iPad and that’s why it is first thing recommended by experts when you experience an issue with your iOS device.
Follow the below steps to learn how to reset iPad Air:Step 1: To begin with, press and hold down the Power button until the power-off slider appears on your device screen.
Step 2: Next, simply drag the slider to turn off your iPad.
Step 3: After your device is turned off completely, press and hold down the Power button again until the Apple logo appears on your screen.
1.3 Hard reset Air / Air 2
The simple reset process doesn’t even help you to fix minor issues. In such cases, you can try a hard reset and this process will wipe out the memory that the operating system and apps run in. It won’t erase
your data and thus, it is safe to do and offers your device a fresh start.
Follow the below steps to learn how to hard reset iPad Air/.Air 2:
Step 1: To start with, press and hold down the Home and Power button together.
Step 2: Here, continue holding down both buttons even you see the power-off slider on your screen. In a while, the screen will finally go black.
Step 3: Once you see the Apple logo, release both the buttons and this will start your iPad like normal.
Part 2: 3 ways to factory reset iPad Air / Air 2
2.1 Factory reset iPad Air / Air 2 by permanently erasing all data
What if hard reset also fails to resolve the software issues on your iPad? Then, you can restore your device to factory reset. You can try Dr.Fone - Data Eraser (iOS) as it can help you erase iPad and restore it to its factory settings in one-click. In addition to it, the tool will permanently erase all of your device data so to protect your privacy.
Best tool to factory reset iPad Air / Air 2
- Simple and click-through erase process.
- Works with all iOS devices, which include the iPhone and iPad.
- Erase all of your device data permanently and completely.
- Wipe out contacts, photos, messages, etc selectively.
- Clear large and junk files to speed up iOS device and free up storage.
To learn how to factory reset an iPad Air 2 using Dr.Fone - Data Eraser (iOS), you need to run the Dr.Fone on your computer and next, follow the below guide:
Step 1: Now, connect your device to the computer and choose “Erase” option from the software main interface.
Step 2: Now, choose “Erase All Data” and click on the “Start” button to continue.
Step 3: Here, you need to confirm erase operating by entering “00000” in the text field. In a while, the software will erase all data from your iPad and restore it to its default settings.
2.2 Factory reset iPad Air / Air 2 using the device itself (privacy not erased)
You can also perform a factory reset your iPad to resolve software issues using your device itself from its settings. The process will thoroughly erase all of your iPad data, which means all of your photos, messages, and other files will be deleted forever.
However, it won’t erase your privacy, unlike Dr.Fone - Data Eraser (iOS). So, it is not a safe method if you are restoring your iPad to factory settings to sell it to someone else. Factory reset iPad using the device itself give a chance to others to access your private information.
But, you are doing it just to fix the issue on your device, then follow the below steps:
Step 1: To start, open the “Settings” app and then, go to “General”.
Step 2: Next, click on the “Reset” option and then, click on “Erase All Content and Settings”.
2.3 Factory reset iPad Air / Air 2 using iTunes (privacy not erased)
If you can’t perform a factory reset on your device directly or don’t want to use third-party too, then you can use iTunes to do that. Well, factory reset with iTunes will erase data and settings on your iPad and then, install the iOS latest version.
Follow the below steps to reset iPad Air/ Air 2 using iTunes:
Step 1: Run iTunes latest version on your computer and then, connect your iPad to the computer using a digital cable.
Step 2: Next, click on the device icon once iTunes detects your connected iPad.
Step 3: Now, click on the “Restore [device]” in the Summary panel.
Step 4: Here, you need to click on “Restore” again and then, iTunes will erase your device and restore it to its default settings.
However, factory reset iPad with iTunes won’t delete your privacy on your device.
We hope that this helps you to learn how to reset iPad Air/Air 2. As you can see that Dr.Fone - Data Eraser (iOS) is the best way to factory reset iPad Air as it will erase the data permanently. Also, it will erase your privacy, unlike using iTunes and the device itself.
Other Popular Articles From Wondershare
- iPad Manage
- 1. Download Movies on iPad
- 2. Download Music on iPad
- 3. Delete Duplicate Photos on iPad
- 4. Use iPad as An External Hard Drive
- 5. Delete Device Management on iPad
- 6. iPad Remote Management Software
- 7. Send Text Messages from iPad
- 8. Download WhatsApp on iPad
- 9. Change Weather Location on iPad
- iPad Backup
- 1. Ways to Restore iPad Without iTunes
- 2. Restore iPhone from iPad Backup
- 3. Backup iPhone/iPad in DFU Mode
- iPad Erase
- 1. Clear iPad data effectively
- 2. Delete Bookmarks on iPhone/iPad
- 3. Delete Browsing History on iPad
- 4. Ways to Delete Movies from iPad
- 5. Clear Cookies on iPad
- 6. Permanently Delete Emails from iPad
- 7. Wipe your iPad and Erase Everything
- 8. Clear System Data on iPad Storage
- iPad Mirror
- 1. Screen Recorders for iPad
- 2. Mirror iPad to Fire TV Stick
- 3. Screen Share Mac to iPad
- 4. Screen Mirror iPad Display
- 5. Share iPad Screen with PC
- 6. Screen Mirroring iPhone to iPad
- 7. iPad Mirror to PC without Lagging
- 8. Mirror iPad to Mac without Lagging
- iPad Recover
- 1. Recover Deleted Files on iPad
- 2. Recover Data from Broken iPad
- 3. Recover Deleted Safari Bookmarks
- 4. Recover Deleted Notes from iPad
- iPad Reset
- 1. Hard Reset/Factory Reset iPad 2
- 2. Reset iPad Air / Air 2
- 3. 5 Tactics to Reset Your iPad Mini
- 4. Factory Reset Your iPad Air/Pro
- 5. Factory Reset Your iPad 2023
- 6. Reset iPad, iPad Pro, and iPad Mini
- 7. Reset iPad Network Settings
- 8. Factory Reset iPad without Password
- iPad Tricks
- 1. Block People in Facebook on iPad
- 2. 25+ Cool Tips and Tricks on iPad
- 3. Play PC Games on iPad
- 4. Detect Spyware on iPhone
- 5. iPad Mini Jelly Scroll Issue
- 6. Fix Apple Keyboard Trackpad
- 7. iCloud Unlock without Passcode
- 8. Restore iPad from DFU Mode
- 9. Bypass Activation Lock on iPad
- 10. Photo Transfer Apps for iPad
- 11. Remove MDM from iPad Like a Pro
- 12. Reset iPad without Password