3 Ways to Sync Contacts from iPhone to iPad Easily
If there has ever been a king of the smartphone, "it is the iPhone", at least what the iPhone freaks say. With the advancements in technology and the integration of smart features, Apple has always found a way to crawl up to the top. Having had the entire merits of using an iPhone floating for years now, there is one thing that always has had iPhone users landed in a dilemma. Being an iPhone user, how do you sync contacts from iPhone to iPad, and the answer is very simple. You do not have to manually feed all the contact details all over again. And if you want to import contacts from excel to iPhone, it could be easy too.
Well, there are three ways you can sync contacts from iPhone to iPad. Let's understand how the three ways work to sync contacts from iPhone to iPad.
Part 1: How to sync contacts from iPhone to iPad using iCloud
This is one of the easiest ways if you are wondering how to sync contacts from iPhone to iPad. Getting the contacts from iPhone to iPad is just a matter of minutes and takes a few steps to set up both the devices before you start off with the syncing process.
Here are the steps required to set up the iPhone and iPad:
- On both iPhone and iPad, Go to "Settings"> then tap on "iCloud"> enter the Apple ID and Password to sign in.
- After signing in, tap on "Contacts"> turn it on > then select merge to combine the contacts with the iCloud database.
Ensure that both the devices are connected to the internet while you perform these steps, and you will have all the contacts from the iPhone synced to the iPad.
Part 2: How to sync contacts from iPhone to iPad using Dr.Fone?
Dr.Fone - Phone Transfer can be used to transfer contacts from iPhone to iPad. You can backup iPhone contacts using Dr.Fone and then restore the contacts to the iPad without losing any data.
Backup & Restore iOS Data Turns Flexible.
- One click to backup the whole iOS device to your computer.
- Allow to preview and restore any item from the backup to a device.
- Export what you want from the backup to your computer.
- No data loss on devices during the restoration.
- Selectively backup and restore any data you want.
- Supported the newest iPhone and Android phones.
- Fully compatible with Windows 10 or Mac 10.12/10.11.
Here's how to sync iPhone contacts to iPad:
- Step 1: Connect iPhone to the computer
Launch Dr.Fone toolkit for iOS on the computer and then select "Data Backup and Recovery" from among various options. Now, using a cable, connect the iPhone to the computer and then allow Dr.Fone to automatically detect your connected iPhone device.
- Step 2: Select "Contacts" to Backup
After the iPhone is connected successfully, Dr.Fone will automatically detect the file types in it. Select "Contacts" to backup and then click on "Backup".
The backup process will start and take a few minutes to complete depending on the volume of data to be backed up. Dr.Fone will display all the data which are supported after the backup is completed.
Now that you have backed up all the contacts on the iPhone and then restoring them to the iPad is the way to it.
- Step 3: Select Restore to Device
Once the backup is completed, connect your iPad using a USB cable and disconnect your iPhone. Select the backup file and hit "Restore to Device". It's as simple as it sounds, and anyone can back up your contacts and sync them to your iPad.
Part 3: How to sync contacts from iPhone to iPad using iTunes?
If you have been wondering how to sync iPhone contacts to iPad, iTunes is the tool you can use. iTunes syncs the information from your iPhone to the iPad using the same Apple User ID and password. Here's how you can sync contacts with iTunes from iPhone to iPad:
- Connect the iPad to the computer. Before this, ensure that the iPhone containing contacts is already synced with the iTunes. To do so, connect your iPhone to iTunes and select "Sync with this iPhone over WiFi" under the Summary tab in iTunes. Once your iPhone is synced, disconnect it and move on to the next step.
- Now, click the device button and then click "Info" to view options related to the connected iPad.
Now, select the items you want to sync and click "Apply". This will sync the entire contact list to the iPad. Every time there is a change in the contact list or any other data in the iPhone, it gets synced with the iTunes, which can later be synced with the iPad to update data.
So, these are three ways in which you can transfer contacts from iPhone to iPad. Since these methods are the outcome of thorough research, all the methods are absolutely safe, and there is absolutely no data loss in the process. However, we would recommend Dr.Fone toolkit – iOS Data Backup & Restore, considering its robust and efficient working design. It is one of the best and popular tools to transfer data from iPhone to iPad and offers an amazing overall experience with a simple interface and fast process. What's imperative is to ensure that you follow all the steps properly and that's all, there you have it; all the contacts on iPad.
Other Popular Articles From Wondershare
iPhone Contact Transfer
- Transfer iPhone Contacts to Other Media
- Transfer iPhone Contacts to Gmail
- Copy Contacts from iPhone to SIM
- Sync Contacts from iPhone to iPad
- Export Contacts from iPhone to Excel
- Sync Contacts from iPhone to Mac
- Transfer Contacts from iPhone to Samsung
- Transfer Contacts from iPhone to Computer
- Transfer Contacts from iPhone to Android
- Transfer Contacts to iPhone
- Transfer Contacts from iPhone to iPhone
- Transfer Contacts from iPhone to iPhone without iTunes
- Sync Outlook Contacts to iPhone
- Transfer Contacts from iPhone to iPhone without iCloud
- Import Contacts from Gmail to iPhone
- Import Contacts to iPhone
- Best iPhone Contact Transfer Apps
- Sync iPhone Contacts With Apps
- Android to iPhone Contacts Transfer Apps
- iPhone Contacts Transfer App
- More iPhone Contact Tricks