3 Ways to Sync Contacts from iPhone to iPad Easily
If there has ever been a king of the smartphone, "it is the iPhone", at least what the iPhone freaks say. With the advancements in technology and the integration of smart features, Apple has always found a way to crawl up to the top. Having had the entire merits of using an iPhone floating for years now, there is one thing that always has had iPhone users landed in a dilemma. Being an iPhone user, how do you sync contacts from iPhone to iPad, and the answer is very simple. You do not have to manually feed all the contact details all over again. And if you want to import contacts from excel to iPhone, it could be easy too.
Well, there are three ways you can sync contacts from iPhone to iPad. Let's understand how the three ways work to sync contacts from iPhone to iPad.
Part 1: How to sync contacts from iPhone to iPad using iCloud
This is one of the easiest ways if you are wondering how to sync contacts from iPhone to iPad. Getting the contacts from iPhone to iPad is just a matter of minutes and takes a few steps to set up both devices before you start off with the syncing process.
Here are the steps required to set up the iPhone and iPad:
- On both iPhone and iPad, Go to "Settings"> then tap on "iCloud"> enter the Apple ID and Password to sign in.
- After signing in, tap on "Contacts"> turn it on > then select merge to combine the contacts with the iCloud database.
Ensure that both devices are connected to the internet while you perform these steps, and you will have all the contacts from the iPhone synced to the iPad.
Part 2: How to sync contacts from iPhone to iPad using Dr.Fone?
Dr.Fone - Phone Backup (iOS) can be used to transfer contacts from iPhone to iPad/iPhone. You can back up iPhone contacts using Dr.Fone and then restore the contacts to the iPad without losing any data.
Backup & Restore iOS Data Turns Flexible.
- One-click to back up the whole iOS device to your computer.
- Allow to preview and restore any item from the backup to a device.
- Export what you want from the backup to your computer.
- No data loss on devices during the restoration.
- Selectively back up and restore any data you want.
- Supported the newest iPhone and Android phones.
- Fully compatible with Windows 11 or Mac 12.
Here's how to sync iPhone contacts to iPad:
- Step 1: Connect iPhone to the computer
Launch Wondershare Dr.Fone on the computer and then select "Phone Backup" from among various options. Now, using a cable, connect the iPhone to the computer and then allow Dr.Fone to automatically detect your connected iPhone device.
- Step 2: Select "Contacts" to Backup
After the iPhone is connected successfully, Dr.Fone will automatically detect the file types in it. Select "Contacts" to backup and then click on "Backup".
The backup process will start and take a few minutes to complete depending on the volume of data to be backed up. Dr.Fone will display all the data which are supported after the backup is completed.
Now that you have backed up all the contacts on the iPhone and then restoring them to the iPad is the way to it.
- Step 3: Select Restore to Device
Once the backup is completed, connect your iPad using a USB cable and disconnect your iPhone. Select the backup file and hit "Restore to Device". It's as simple as it sounds, and anyone can back up your contacts and sync them to your iPad.
In addition to manual backup, you can also back up contacts on iPhone automatically.
How to back up contacts automatically and wirelessly?
Step 1: Enable the "Auto backup" function and set up the backup frequency and backup period.
Step 2: Connect your iPhone and PC with the same wifi, the contacts on iPhone will be backed up automatically. You don't need to use a USB cable to connect the iPhone to the PC in this step. Next time, if you would like to back up contacts again, it will only be for newly added data or modified files, which helps you save storage space and backup time.
Step 3: Restore the backup file to iPad/iPhone. You can preview the backup data and select the data you want to restore.
Bonus Tip: Sync Contacts from iPhone to iPad with 1 Click!
Except the Dr.Fone - Phone Backup (iOS) can help you sync contacts from iPhone to iPad easily, there is another tool that can also help you. If you have downloaded the Wondershare Dr.Fone - Phone Backup, you maybe see this tool on the homepage, too. Yes! It is Dr.Fone - Phone Transfer.
Features of Dr.Fone - Phone Transfer tool:
- Easily share contacts and other types of data on iPhone to iPad/another iPhone.
- Just 1 click to transfer contacts to the iPad.
- Sync the data from iPhone to iPad within less than 3 minutes, the time of a cup of coffee!
Click here to get Dr.Fone - Phone Transfer for PC by email
or Try our MobileTrans App on mobile >>
Part 3: How to sync contacts from iPhone to iPad using iTunes?
If you have been wondering how to sync iPhone contacts to iPad, iTunes is the tool you can use. iTunes syncs the information from your iPhone to the iPad using the same Apple User ID and password. Here's how you can sync contacts with iTunes from iPhone to iPad:
- Connect the iPad to the computer. Before this, ensure that the iPhone containing contacts is already synced with iTunes. To do so, connect your iPhone to iTunes and select "Sync with this iPhone over WiFi" under the Summary tab in iTunes. Once your iPhone is synced, disconnect it and move on to the next step.
- Now, click the device button and then click "Info" to view options related to the connected iPad.
Now, select the items you want to sync and click "Apply". This will sync the entire contact list to the iPad. Every time there is a change in the contact list or any other data in the iPhone, it gets synced with iTunes, which can later be synced with the iPad to update data.
So, these are three ways in which you can transfer contacts from iPhone to iPad. Since these methods are the outcome of thorough research, all the methods are absolutely safe, and there is absolutely no data loss in the process. However, we would recommend Wondershare Dr.Fone - Phone Backup (iOS), considering its robust and efficient working design. It is one of the best and most popular tools to transfer data from iPhone to iPad and offers an amazing overall experience with a simple interface and fast process. What's imperative is to ensure that you follow all the steps properly and that's all, there you have it; all the contacts on the iPad.
Other Popular Articles From Wondershare
- Back up iPhone Contacts
- Manage iPhone Contacts
- 1. Export Contacts from iPhone
- 2. Manage iPhone Contacts
- 3. Find and Merge Contacts on iPhone
- 4. Share Contacts on iPhone
- 5. Get iPhone Contacts from iTunes
- 6. Export iPhone Contacts to CSV
- 7. How to Export iPhone Contacts to a VCF|vCards
- 8. Delete Contacts from iPhone
- 9. Manage iPhone Contacts On PC
- 10. Print Contacts from iPhone
- 11. View iPhone Contacts on Computer
- 12. Edit/Delete/Merge Contact on PC
- Recover iPhone Contacts
- 1. Recover Deleted Contacts on iPhone
- 2. Recover iPhone Deleted Text Message
- 3. Recover iPhone Deleted iMessages
- 4. Recover iPhone Deleted Photos
- 5. Recover Permanently Deleted Data
- 6. FonePaw VS Dr.Fone
- 7. See Blocked Messages on iPhone
- 8. Recover Data from Dead iPhone
- 10. Recover iPhone Deleted Text Message
- 11. Recover Contacts Without Backup
- Transfer Contacts from iPhone
- 1. Sync iPhone Contacts to Outlook
- 2. Transfer Contact without iCloud
- 3. Transfer from iPhone to iPhone
- 4. Transfer Contact With/Without iTunes
- 5. Transfer Contact from iPhone to Android
- 6. Sync Contacts from iPhone to iPad
- 7. Export from iPhone to Excel
- 8. Transfer Contact from iPhone to PC
- 9. Copy Contacts from iPhone to SIM
- Transfer Contacts to iPhone
- 1. Android to iPhone Transfer Apps
- 2. Transfer from Android to iPhone
- 3. Transfer from Android to iPhone XS
- 4. Transfer from Huawei to iPhone
- 5. Transfer from Sony Xperia to iPhone
- 6. Transfer from Samsung to iPhone
- 7. Import Contact from Excel to iPhone
- 8. Import Contact from Gmail to iPhone
- 9. Import Contacts to iPhone
- 10. Sync Outlook Contacts to iPhone
- 11. Transfer Contact from PC to iPhone
- iPhone Contacts TiPs