How to Transfer Pictures from Phone to Computer
I have over 5,000 photos that have been synced to Facebook over time. They were all downloaded onto my phone, and now my phone’s memory is getting all used up. How can I transfer photos to my computer from the Moments app on my phone?
If you wish to learn how to transfer pictures from phone to computer, then you have come to the right place. We all know how great our photos are. To keep them safe, we transfer it to our PC or Mac promptly. If you are finding it hard to transfer photos from your iPhone or Android device to your computer, then don’t worry. We have provided three easy and smart solutions to teach you how to transfer pictures from phone to computer in a trouble-free manner.
How to import pictures and videos from Phone to Windows PC directly
One of the easiest ways to transfer photos from your phone to the computer is by manually moving the data files. This technique works for almost every kind of smartphone (iPhone, Android device, iPad, iPod Touch, and more). Though, this might not be the most secure option as, during the transfer, malware can also travel from one device to another and corrupt your phone or computer.
If you wish to learn how to transfer pictures from phone to computer, then start by connecting your device to the system using USB/lightning cable. While connecting your device, make sure that you have selected the media transfer option (and not charging only).
As soon as your device would be connected to the system, it will automatically be recognized. You will get a pop-up message like this. Click on the “Import pictures and videos” option to start the transfer process.
If you have already transferred the files once or are using the latest Windows version, then the chances are that you might get a pop-up message like this. From here, you can either import all the items or review them beforehand as well.
How to transfer pictures from phone to computer using Dropbox
If you want to transfer pictures from phone to computer without connecting both the devices through wires, then consider Dropbox as an ideal solution. With it, you can upload your photos from the phone to the Dropbox cloud and later download it on your system. It will let you transfer your data from one device to another wirelessly while maintaining its backup at the same time.
Though this would consume your data (of WiFi or internet plan), and it might not be as speedy as the previous solution. To learn how to transfer pictures from phone to computer via Dropbox, perform these steps.
Step 1 Upload photos to Dropbox
Install Dropbox on your phone. You can download it from Play Store, App Store, or its dedicated website. To upload pictures, launch Dropbox on your phone.
Now, create a new folder and tap on the Upload icon. This will open your device’s storage. You can select the files you wish to upload to the cloud. Wait for a while as your selected photos will be uploaded to Dropbox.
You can also turn on the option of auto-sync, by visiting Dropbox settings and selecting the Turn on “Camera Uploads” option.
Step 2 Download photos from Dropbox
After uploading pictures to Dropbox from your phone, log-in to its desktop website using the same credentials. Go to the folder and select the images you wish to save. Click on the “Download” button to save these pictures to your computer. Later, you can move these pictures to your local storage as per your needs.
How to transfer pictures from phone to the computer using the File Transfer tool
Dr.Fone - Phone Manager (iOS) provides an extremely safe and reliable way to transfer pictures from your phone to the computer. Since it is compatible with almost every iOS and Android device (including iOS 11 and Android 8.0), it provides a one-stop solution to manage your data. With it, you can quickly transfer your pictures from one device to another or can even perform a phone-to-phone transfer.
Transfer MP3 to iPhone/iPad/iPod without iTunes
- Transfer, manage, export/import your music, photos, videos, contacts, SMS, Apps, etc.
- Backup your music, photos, videos, contacts, SMS, Apps, etc. to computer and restore them easily.
- Transfer music, photos, videos, contacts, messages, etc. from one smartphone to another.
- Transfer media files between iOS devices and iTunes.
- Fully compatible with iOS 7, iOS 8, iOS 9, iOS 10, iOS 11 and iPod.
Compatible with every leading version of Mac and Windows, Dr.Fone - Phone Manager (iOS) provides an easy to use interface that can transfer pictures from phone to computer in one click. We have provided two solutions for you to learn how to transfer pictures from phone to computer using Dr.Fone - Phone Manager (iOS).
1. Transfer All Photos from iPhone to PC in 1 Click
If you wish to keep your photos safe, then you can simply take a complete backup of your gallery/camera roll on your computer. It can be done in the following way. This file transfer tool supports both iPhone and Android devices.
Step 1. Connect your device to the system. Launch Dr.Fone on your system and choose “Phone Manager” from all functions.
Click on the option of “Transfer Device Photos to PC” or “Transfer Device Photos to Mac.”
Step 2. A new browser window will open. Just provide the location where you wish to save the backup. Click on the “Ok” button to commence it.
A new browser window will be opened. Just provide the destination where you want to save your backup and click on the “Ok” button. This will initiate the backup and transfer your photos to the provided location.
2. Transfer Photos from iPhone to PC Selectively
Dr.Fone can also be used to selectively transfer photos from your device to PC. To learn how to transfer photos from phone to computer, follow these steps:
Step 1. Connect your device to the system and launch Dr.Fone. Visit the “Photos” section to commence the process.
Step 2. From here, you can see that your pictures are divided into different albums. Just select the desired photos and click on the “Export” button. From here, select the “Export to PC” option.
Step 3. You can also simply select the images, right-click, and choose the option of “Export to PC”.
You can also transfer an entire album or all the photos of the same type (since these photos are segregated according to their type in the left panel.) To move an entire section, just select and right-click it. Now, click on the “Export to PC” option and follow the same drill.
Who knew that moving photos from phone to computer could be so easy? With Dr.Fone, you can simply move your data from one device to another in a seamless manner. Now when you know how to transfer pictures from phone to computer, you can easily manage your data. This file transfer tool could also help you transfer music from the phone to the computer fast. Explore various other features provide by Dr.Fone and make the most out of your device.
- Convert HEIC to JPG
- 1. Convert HEIC to JPG on Linux
- 2. Convert HEIC to JPG Windows
- 3. Best HEIC Converter Online
- 4. Convert HEIC to JPG High Quality
- Export iPhone Photos
- 1. Transfer Photo from iPhone to PC
- 2. Transfer Photo from iPhone to iPhone
- 3. Transfer from iPhone to iPhone
- 4. Transfer from iPhone to iPad
- 5. Move iPhone Photo to External Drive
- 6. Transfer from iPhone to Flash Drive
- 7. Extract Photos from iPhone
- 8. Download Photo from iPhone
- Import Photos to iPhone
- 1. Transfer from Laptop to iPhone
- 2. Transfer Photo from Camera to iPhone
- 3. Transfer Photo from Mac to iPhone
- 4. Transfer Photos from PC to iPhone
- 5. Transfer from iPhone to PC
- 6. Transfer from Android to iPhone
- 7. Transfer from Samsung to iPhone
- Manage iPhone Photos
- 1. Back up iPhone Photos
- 2. Get Photos off iPhone
- 3. Send Large Size Photos from iPhone
- 4. Photo/Video Compressor Apps
- 5. Delete Photos from iPhone/iPad
- 6. iPhone Photos Disappeared Suddenly
- 7. iPhone Photoshop Alternatives
- Recover iPhone Photos
- 1. Restore Deleted Photos from iPhone
- 2. Recover Photos from iPod Touch
- 3. Recover Deleted Picture from iPhone
- Transfer iPhone Photos to Mac
- Transfer iPhone Photos to PC
- 1. Transfer Data from iPhone to PC
- 2. Transfer Photo to Computer
- 3. Transfer Photo to PC without iTunes
- 4. Transfer Library to Computer
- 5. Send Photo from iPhone to Computer
- 6. Import Photo from iPhone to Windows
- 7. Transfer Photo to Windows
- Transfer Photos from Google Drive
- 1. Download from Google Drive to iPhone
- 2. Transfer from Google Photo to iPhone
- 3. Download from iCloud to iPhone
- Transfer Photos to Google Drive
- 1. Photo from iPhone to Google Drive
- 2. Photo from iPhone to Google Photo
- 3. Move from iPhone to iCloud Storage
- Image Convert Tips