The Ultimate Guide to Eliminate the 168 Hours Waiting Time of Mi Unlock Tool
Mi produces high-quality smartphones like Redmi Series, Mi Note Series, Xiaomi Series, etc. If you own a Xiaomi smartphone and want to unlock the bootloader to execute modifications, this article is for you. Bypassing the bootloader on Mi devices usually takes 168 hours which can be extremely time-taking. However, this article will address how to bypass Xiaomi unlock 168 hours most efficiently.
Part 1: What is the "Please Unlock 168 Hours Later" Issue?
"Please unlock 168 hours later" message appears during the verification process of your device. This issue usually occurs when a user enters the wrong password multiple times, triggering a lockout period of 168 hours (7 days). During this time, the user is unable to access their Mi account or perform any functions related to it. Also, you cannot log out from the account during the process. If you don't follow these instructions, unlocking the bootloader will start from scratch.
Unfortunately, the official tool put some restrictions, like you have to wait for a whole week before unlocking. However, there is still one efficient way to bypass 168 hours of Xiaomi unlock.
Part 2: Can I Unlock Xiaomi Bootloader Without Waiting 168 Hours?
Yes, you can unlock the Xiaomi bootloader without waiting 168 hours. For this, you have to search for the modified version of the Mi Unlock Tool that does not compel the user to wait for 168 hours. As unlocking the bootloader on Mi devices is pretty common, many developers have created modified packages of Mi unlock tools. In such tools, the restriction to wait for 168 hours is eliminated, which enables you to unlock the bootloader instantly.
To unlock the bootloader using modified Mi unlocking tools, the process is similar to the way of unlocking through the official Mi Unlock Tool.
Part 3: How to Unlock Xiaomi Bootloader Without 168 Hours Waiting?
Do you want to bypass Xiaomi's 168 hours unlock? Check the following simple steps in this regard:
- Step 1: Start by navigating to the Settings of your Xiaomi phone. Then, go to the section of "Accounts" and tap on "Mi Account." Now log in to your Mi account by entering your email address and respective password.
- Step 2: Head back to Settings and tap on "About Phone." Locate the MIUI version and tap it 7 times repeatedly. Doing so will activate the developer options.
- Step 3: Now go to the heading "System and Device" and click on "Additional Settings." From additional settings, select "Developer Options".
- Step 4: Now turn on the toggle of "OEM Unlocking" and "USB Debugging" from the developer options menu. Now bind your Mi account to your Xiaomi device. For this, go to the Settings homepage and tap on "Additional Settings." Here, scroll to the bottom until you can locate "Developer Options".
- Step 5: Select "Mi Unlock Status" and then click on "Add account and device". Now log in to your Mi account again by following the instructions on the screen. Once you see the notification message "Added successfully. Mi account is associated with this device now," it means your Xiaomi device has been linked with your Mi account.
- Step 6: To enable the fastboot mode on your phone, turn off your device. Then, press and hold the "Volume Down" and "Power" buttons till a fastboot logo displays on the screen.
- Step 7: Download and run the modified Mi Unlock Tool on your computer. After launching this tool, you can find multiple files in its extracted folder. Select "Open miflash_unlock.exe" and run the tool on your PC successfully.
- Step 8: A disclaimer window will appear on your screen of the modified Mi unlock tool. Click on the "Agree" button and sign in to your Mi account. From there, locate the Settings and select the "Check" button to download the drive.
- Step 9: Connect your Xiaomi phone to your PC to download the required driver. Make sure that your smartphone is in fastboot mode during the process. After establishing the connection, the "Phone Connected" status will display on the screen.
- Step 10: Now click the "Unlock" button on your computer's screen. Hit the "Unlock Anyway" button to give the confirmation for unlocking the bootloader. Now the process of unlocking the bootloader will start. Wait until the process finishes, and you will receive the message "Unlocked successfully".
- Step 11: To exit the fastboot mode on your Xiaomi phone, click the "Reboot Phone" button. It will automatically restart your phone.
Bonus Tips: Easily bypass Google FRP on Xiaomi with Dr.Fone - Screen Unlock (Android). It effortlessly resolves issues like lost Google accounts, forgotten PIN codes, and unlocking used phones. Supported brands include Samsung, Xiaomi, Redmi, Oppo, Realme, and Vivo. Get detailed device-specific guides for Xiaomi/Redmi/OPPO/Realme/Vivo and Samsung phones.
Part 4: FAQs About Xiaomi Bootloader Unlock
As we have mentioned the simple steps to bypass Xiaomi unlock 168 hours, now we will shed light on the frequently asked questions in this regard.
1. Should I Unlock the Bootloader?
Unlocking the bootloader can be beneficial if you wish to install custom ROMs on your phone. You can also root your device and can delete the default system apps by unlocking the bootloader. Moreover, you can easily update to the latest Android version on Mi devices if you are finding difficulty in a common way. In such situations, you should unlock the bootloader to easily add modifications to your phone.
However, unlocking the bootloader also involves some risk factors, such as the warranty of your smartphone will be nullified. Also, it will become more vulnerable to security issues and viruses.
2. How to Check Tf the Xiaomi Bootloader is Unlocked?
To see if the Xiaomi bootloader is unlocked or not, go to "Settings" and tap on "About Phone." Afterward, keep tapping on the build number until the developer options get enabled on your Xiaomi phone. Now go back to "Settings" and tap on "Additional Settings." From there, select "Developer Options" and scroll to the bottom of the page till you can locate "Mi Unlock Status." Click on this option and see the bootloader status.
Unlocking the bootloader on Xiaomi devices in a conventional way can be time-consuming. If you don't want to wait for 168 hours, you can take help from this article to bypass Xiaomi's unlock 168 hours. Furthermore, if you are struggling to remember your screen password on Xiaomi smartphones, you can consider the Wondershare Dr.Fone - Screen Unlock tool. This tool is capable of unlocking the screen passwords instantly without damaging the device.
Safely Unlock Your Xiaomi Device in No Time
- Remove 4 screen lock types: pattern, PIN, password & fingerprints.
- Bypass Android FRP lock without a PIN or Google account.
- Unlock mainstream Android brands like Samsung, Huawei, LG, Xiaomi, etc.
- No tech knowledge required, Simple, click-through, process.
- Xiaomi Transfer
- 1. Transfer from Xiaomi to iPhone
- 2. Transfer from Xiaomi to Samsung
- 3. Transfer from Xiaomi to Laptop
- 4. Transfer from Xiaomi to Computer
- 5. Transfer from iPhone to Xiaomi
- 6. Transfer from Android to Xiaomi
- 7. Transfer from Computer to Xiaomi
- 8. Whatsapp from Xiaomi to iPhone
- 9. WhatsApp from iPhone to Xiaomi
- 10. Transfer Data to Xiaomi 11
- 11. Mi Mover Special Features
- Xiaomi Unlock
- 1. Unlock Mi Account Without Password
- 2. Remove Redmi Note 7/8 Account
- 3. Remove Redmi 7 Mi Account
- 4. Unlock Mi Pattern Lock Tips
- 5. Remove FRP on Xiaomi/Redmi
- 6. Bypass Google Account Verification
- 7. Bypass 168 Hours Waiting Time
- 8. Unlock Bootloader on Xiaomi
- 9. Factory Reset Locked Mi Phones
- Xiaomi Problems
- 1. Redmi Note 4 Touch Not Working
- 2. Xiaomi Screen Unresponsiveness
- 3. Redmi Device Touch Not Working
- 4. Android App Not Installed Error
- 5. Bricked Your Android Phone
- 6. Encryption Unsuccessful Error
- 7. Stuck at Android System Recovery
- Xiaomi Tips
- 1. Run Hardware Tests on Xiaomi
- 2. Fake GPS Location on Xiaomi
- 3. Conduct battery test on Xiaomi
- 4. Xiaomi's Flagship Model Infos
- 5. Screen Mirror Redmi Note 7 to TV
- 6. Screen Mirror Xiaomi to PC
- 7. Enable USB Debugging on Xiaomi
- 8. Enable USB Debugging on Redmi
- 9. Uninstall YouTube App in Redmi
- 10. Galaxy S21 Ultra vs Mi 11 Ultra