The Expert's Guide to How to Fake GPS Location on Xiaomi Phones
With the rise of utility apps like food delivery, ridesharing, shopping, etc., the requirement of sharing your exact location is becoming more common. With that, the rise of cyberattacks has become a huge concern for users. Facing the issue of a location tracking app being hacked can end badly for you. If you use a Xiaomi phone, you can use a mock location on a Xiaomi device.
With the right tool, adding fake GPS locations on Xiaomi devices is a piece of cake. Stick with the article to satisfy your queries regarding Xiaomi fake GPS.
Part 1: Understand the GPS Location Settings on Xiaomi Phones
Xiaomi phones provide you with easy options for controlling your location settings. You can enable or disable your location on the phone at any time. It also allows you to control which apps can access your location and which ones currently use the location feature. Through the device's settings, you can remove the granted location access to an app at any time you need.
Below we have described how to turn on and off your location on Xiaomi phones:
1. Turn On Location on Xiaomi
The location on a Xiaomi phone can be turned on using these steps:
Step 1: Open "Settings" on your Xiaomi phone and scroll down to "Location."
Step 2: Once the "Location" menu is opened, you can tap the "Location Access" toggle to turn on the phone's location settings.
2. Turn Off the Location on Xiaomi
To turn off the location on a Xiaomi phone, you must follow the steps provided:
Step 1: Unlock your Xiaomi phone and open its "Settings." Navigate to the "Location" option in the list and select it.
Step 2: You can see the "Location" menu on the next screen. Here, turn off the toggle against the "Location Access" option to turn off the location on a Xiaomi device.
Part 2: Why Should You Fake GPS Location on Xiaomi Phones?
For several reasons, you might want to fake your GPS location on your Xiaomi phone. They can range from privacy and security concerns to faking it for games and fun. Below are a few common causes that can result in needing a fake GPS on a Xiaomi device:
1. Ensuring Privacy for Protecting Sensitive Data
People want to fake their location mainly to protect their privacy. No one likes to be tracked or wants to leak their sensitive data in case of a cyberattack. That's why many people use fake GPS locations to fool apps and websites.
2. For Playing Location-Based Games
If you are a passionate gamer, you might love location-based games like Pokémon Go, Minecraft Earth, Wizards Unite, etc. However, roaming the streets to play these games is not always possible. That's why fake GPS locations allow you to play these games from home.
3. Avoiding Geo-Restrictions
Some content and apps, such as certain streaming video services and location-based apps, may only be available in certain locations. Using a fake GPS location, you can easily access the content or use apps even if they are unavailable in your real location.
4. App Updates
Companies do not update their app universally. Many places receive app updates before others. If you use a fake GPS location, you can easily update your favorite apps at the earliest instant.
Part 3: Does a VPN Change Your Location? (Or Just Your IP Address)
Virtual Private Networks, commonly known as VPNs, are quite famous for changing locations on digital devices. So it is likely that you might have thought of using VPNs when you first heard about adding a fake GPS location to your Xiaomi phone. However, it is not possible with VPNs as they do not change device location, at least not in the sense of GPS location.
What VPNs do is change the IP address of your internet connection to an IP address of your selected location. This causes websites and online services to perceive your location as being in the location of the VPN server rather than your actual physical location. However, it does not physically change your location or allow you to access location-restricted services that require a GPS signal, such as location-based apps.
Part 4: How to Fake GPS Location on Xiaomi Phones?
After learning that VPNs cannot add a fake GPS location to a Xiaomi phone, you might be wondering which tool would serve a better purpose. We have a great tool for you that allows mock locations on Xiaomi devices, and you can do it in a matter of seconds.
Spoofing GPS location using Dr.Fone - Virtual Location is extremely simple and highly secure. You will be able to easily use any app with your spoofed location with the help of this tool.
Dr.Fone - Virtual Location: Key Features
- When using fake GPS location to play games, you can move in 360° direction with the help of a keyboard.
- It allows you to import and export GPX files of different paths and routes for you to visit.
- If you are simulating movement on a map using Dr.Fone - Virtual Location, you can select between different modes like walking, cycling, or driving.
Dr.Fone - Virtual Location: How to Use it to Fake GPS Location
Adding a fake GPS Location to your Xiaomi phone is straightforward and quick with Dr.Fone - Virtual Location. Following are the steps that can be used to add fake GPS location:
Step 1: Connect Your Xiaomi Phone to Your Computer
Use a USB cable to connect your Xiaomi phone to the computer and open the Dr.Fone app. Then, select "Virtual Location" from the main interface and press "Get Started."
Step 2: Select the Desired Fake GPS Location
A window representing a map will open up in the program, where you first need to pinpoint your current location. It can be done by tapping the "Center On" icon from the right sidebar. Now press the "Teleport" icon on the top-right and type the desired fake GPS location in the provided search bar.
Step 3: Set the Fake GPS Location on Xiaomi Phone
Once you have added the location, select and lead to it. Then, press "Move Here" in the pop-up window to set your device location to your desired location. With it, a fake GPS location has been added to your phone, which you can confirm by opening the Google Map app on your Xiaomi phone.
There should be nothing more important for users than their privacy. With the rise of our dependence on the digital world, cyber crimes are also rising day by day. That's why you need a great tool like Dr.Fone - Virtual Location to help you in setting fake GPS on Xiaomi devices. It will not only relieve your privacy concerns but also provide many benefits.
- Xiaomi Transfer
- 1. Transfer from Xiaomi to iPhone
- 2. Transfer from Xiaomi to Samsung
- 3. Transfer from Xiaomi to Laptop
- 4. Transfer from Xiaomi to Computer
- 5. Transfer from iPhone to Xiaomi
- 6. Transfer from Android to Xiaomi
- 7. Transfer from Computer to Xiaomi
- 8. Whatsapp from Xiaomi to iPhone
- 9. WhatsApp from iPhone to Xiaomi
- 10. Transfer Data to Xiaomi 11
- 11. Mi Mover Special Features
- Xiaomi Unlock
- 1. Unlock Mi Account Without Password
- 2. Remove Redmi Note 7/8 Account
- 3. Remove Redmi 7 Mi Account
- 4. Unlock Mi Pattern Lock Tips
- 5. Remove FRP on Xiaomi/Redmi
- 6. Bypass Google Account Verification
- 7. Bypass 168 Hours Waiting Time
- 8. Unlock Bootloader on Xiaomi
- 9. Factory Reset Locked Mi Phones
- Xiaomi Problems
- 1. Redmi Note 4 Touch Not Working
- 2. Xiaomi Screen Unresponsiveness
- 3. Redmi Device Touch Not Working
- 4. Android App Not Installed Error
- 5. Bricked Your Android Phone
- 6. Encryption Unsuccessful Error
- 7. Stuck at Android System Recovery
- Xiaomi Tips
- 1. Run Hardware Tests on Xiaomi
- 2. Fake GPS Location on Xiaomi
- 3. Conduct battery test on Xiaomi
- 4. Xiaomi's Flagship Model Infos
- 5. Screen Mirror Redmi Note 7 to TV
- 6. Screen Mirror Xiaomi to PC
- 7. Enable USB Debugging on Xiaomi
- 8. Enable USB Debugging on Redmi
- 9. Uninstall YouTube App in Redmi
- 10. Galaxy S21 Ultra vs Mi 11 Ultra