Fixes for Apps Keep Crashing on Android Devices
The rapid evolution of technology has transformed our smartphones into powerful devices. Presently, with just a few taps, they possess the ability to accomplish a diverse array of tasks. It has been possible due to the extensive availability of mobile applications. However, it can be incredibly frustrating when your favorite apps keep crashing repeatedly.
You're not alone if you're an Android user who encounters app crashes. This article will explore ten practical ways to fix apps that keep crashing on Android devices.
Part 1: What Are the Causes Behind Apps Keep Crashing on Android?
There are many reasons for the app crashing on Android devices. These reasons range from insufficient storage space to bugs and glitches in the apps. Finding out the root cause of an app crashing is important so that you can find the appropriate solution. Discussed below are some of the reasons why your Android apps keep crashing:
When a device is low on memory, it may struggle to run multiple apps simultaneously. Each app requires memory to store its data and execute its processes. If the available memory is limited, it can cause apps to crash. That happens because they don't have enough resources to operate properly.
Android devices come in various models and run different operating system versions. That's why it is essential to use apps compatible with your device. Since there are a lot of Android variants, it is hard to optimize apps for all devices. An app not optimized for an Android version or device leads to crashes or malfunctions.
Apps are regularly updated to introduce new features, fix bugs, and enhance performance. Using an outdated version of an app may cause instability or compatibility problems. Since the app is not optimized for the current version of Android, it can keep crashing.
Some apps rely heavily on network connectivity to function properly. They need a stable and strong internet connection to perform all the functions. These apps can crash if there are network connectivity issues, such as a weak Wi-Fi or network outage. Unstable connections can disrupt data transmission, making the app's function challenging.
Despite rigorous testing, apps can still have bugs or coding errors that lead to crashes. Bugs in apps can occur due to various reasons. It mostly relates to incorrect implementation of features or unexpected user interactions. App developers work to identify and fix these bugs, often releasing updates.
Part 2: How to Fix the Apps Keep Crashing on Android?
Once you discover why your Android apps keep crashing, fixing them becomes a lot easier. However, there is no need to worry even if you cannot locate the problem source. Below we have listed 10 general and specialized solutions to fix app crashing:
Fix 1: Check the Internet Connection
As mentioned before, some apps rely on the internet to function. If you don’t have an active internet connection, they will not work. To avoid the app crashing, you need to ensure that the internet connection on your device is working. If you use Wi-Fi, check the router and turn Wi-Fi off and on again. In the case of mobile data, try enabling Airplane mode and then disabling it.
Fix 2: Force Stop the Apps Keep Crashing
If your apps keep crashing, you should try force-closing the targeted app and re-opening it. Doing this will flush out minor bugs and glitches from the app. These temporary bugs and glitches can occur due to various reasons and hamper the app's working. Use the following steps to force stop the app that keeps crashing and re-open it:
- Step 1: On your Android device, move the app icon and press it to select “App Info.” On the App Info screen, tap the “Force Stop” button to force close the app. The button can be either on the down left or down right corner.
- Step 2: After force closing the app, relaunch it and see if the app crashing issue is resolved.
Fix 3: Restart your Android Device
In case restarting the app hasn’t worked, you should try restarting your Android device. Rebooting your device reset all the processes and apps in the device. It helps remove conflicts between different apps, which can be the cause of your apps keep crashing on Android. To reboot your Android device, adhere to the following guidelines:
- Step: Press and hold the “Power” key until you see the power menu on the screen. Here, tap the “Restart/Reboot” button to restart your Android device.
Fix 4: Update the Android OS
Not updating your Android OS for a long while can cause many performance issues in your device. One of these issues is the incompatibility with the latest apps. That's why make sure that your Android device is running the latest available version of the operating system. You can check and update the Android OS of your device using these steps:
- Step 1: Launch the Settings app on your Android device and scroll down to select “Software Update.” On the next screen, tap “Download and Install” to look for new updates.
- Step 2: During the update process, ensure you have a stable internet connection. Moreover, your device should be fully charged to avoid any complications.
Fix 5: Clear the App Cache
Have you tried clearing the cache of the app that keeps crashing? The app cache consists of temporary files and data that are stored to enhance app performance. However, if the app cache becomes corrupted, it can cause crashes. In such a situation, clearing the app cache can help resolve the app crashing issue. To clear the app cache on your Android device, follow these steps:
- Step 1: Navigate to your targeted app icon and long-press it. Now, tap “App Info” from the pop-up menu to access app information.
- Step 2: Following this, press "Storage," and on the following screen, hit “Clear Cache.” It will clean the cache for the targeted app.
Fix 6: Reinstall the Buggy App
Bugs in the app can prove a nightmare and hard to remove from the app. If your apps keep crashing due to bugs, it is best to uninstall and then reinstall the app. It will help you eliminate any corrupted files or settings that might be causing the crashes. Given below are the steps needed to uninstall and reinstall the apps on Android device:
- Step 1: Go to the problematic app on your device and press the app icon for a while. Select “Uninstall” and remove the app by pressing “OK.”
- Step 2: After removing the app, go to Google Play Store and find the targeted app. Here, tap “Install” to reinstall the app on your device.
Fix 7: Check the App Permissions
Sometimes, app crashes can occur due to improper or conflicting permissions. Whenever you install an app on your device, it needs related permission to function. If you have not granted the required permissions, the apps will not function, leading to apps keep crashing on Android. You can check the app permissions using the following procedure:
- Step 1: You will need to launch Settings on your Android device and tap “Apps.” Here find and select the targeted app to open App Info.
- Step 2: On the App Info screen, press “Permissions” to access all permission settings. Here, ensure that your app has the required permissions.
Fix 8: Check and Clear the Phone Storage
Insufficient storage space on your device can also lead to app crashes. Check the available storage space on your Android device and ensure it has enough free space. If the storage is full, consider deleting unnecessary files or apps to create more space. Explained below is the process to check and free up storage on Android devices:
- Step 1: Open Settings on your Android phone and scroll down to find and select “Battery and Device Care.” Here, tap “Storage” to view the device storage.
- Step 2: Here, you will see detailed information about everything stored on your device. If the storage space is full, remove the unnecessary data.
Fix 9: Reboot Into Safe Mode
It can be hard to find the app crashing root cause if it happens due to conflicts between different apps. In such scenarios, the best way to find the problematic apps is to use Safe Mode on your device. Safe Mode disables all third-party apps, allowing you to determine if the crashes are caused by a specific app. Follow the process given below to reboot your device into Safe Mode:
- Step 1: Press and hold the “Volume Down” and “Power” buttons together for 3 seconds to access the power menu. Here, long-press the “Power Off” option.
- Step 2: Press the “Power Off” button until “Restart in Safe Mode” appears on the screen. Now reboot the device into Safe Mode. To exit Safe Mode, you will need to restart the phone.
Fix 10: 100% Working Solution to Fix the Android Apps Keep Crashing – Wondershare Dr.Fone
Trying to fix an app crashing with multiple methods can be a tiring and frustrating experience. That's why the best option is always to find and use a specialized Android system repair tool. The best Android repair tool currently available is Wondershare Dr.Fone. It is a comprehensive system repairing tool that can fix almost all system issues in Android devices.
Using Wondershare Dr.Fone, you can fix issues like apps crashing, black screen of death, Play Store not working, and many more. Furthermore, you do not need any technical skills to use Wondershare Dr.Fone to repair your Android system issues.
Main Features of Wondershare Dr.Fone
- Wondershare Dr.Fone is a specialized tool for fixing problems with Samsung devices, including the latest Samsung phones.
- It supports the Android system repair feature for over 1000 Android phones across the spectrum.
- With this tool, you can also fix bricked Android devices with ease.
Step to Fix the Android Apps Keep Crashing via Wondershare Dr.Fone
The process of fixing apps that keeps crashing on Android devices is straightforward when using Wondershare Dr.Fone. Here are the simple steps you need to follow to fix the app crashing:
- Step 1: Access System Repair from Toolbox
Open Wondershare Dr.Fone on your system after installation and select “System Repair” from the “Toolbox.” Now connect your Android device using a USB cable and select “Android” in Wondershare Dr.Fone.
- Step 2: Provide Your Android Device Information
Click "Start" to initiate the repair process and provide your device information. You will need to provide device details like Brand, Name, Model, Country, and Carrier. Now, check the “I agree with the warning, and I am ready to proceed” box and tap “Next.”
- Step 3: Repair the Apps Keeps Crashing on Android
Follow the on-screen instruction to activate Download Mode on your device. Wondershare Dr.Fone will download the related firmware once you have enabled Download Mode. Afterward, click "Fix Now" and confirm your action by inserting the "000000" code. Now, wait for the repair process to finish.
To sum up, if your apps keep crashing on Android, you can resolve it in many ways. Using the fixes given in this article, you can improve apps' performance and reduce crashes. However, if you're looking for a reliable and convenient solution, we highly recommend Wondershare Dr.Fone.
With its clean interface and powerful features, Wondershare Dr.Fone stands out as the best choice to fix app crashes. It provides a comprehensive toolkit to diagnose and resolve various software issues.
Other Popular Articles From Wondershare
- Apps Keep Stopping
- 1. Make Instagram Work Properly
- 2. Fix App Has Stopped Error
- 3. Fixe Gmail Not Working on Android
- 4. Fixe Spotify Keeps Crashing
- 5. Fix Chrome Crashes on Android
- 6. Fix Snapchat has Stopped
- 7. Fix TouchWiz has stopped
- 8. Fix WhatsApp has stopped
- 9. Solve YouTube App Crashing
- 10. Fix Apps Keep Crashing on Android
- 11.Fix Android App Not Installed
- 12.Fix WhatsApp issues on Android
- 13.Fix App Won't Open on Android
- Google Services Crash
- 1. Uninstall Google Play Service
- 2. Fix Google Maps Not Working
- 3. Fix Google Services Has Stopped
- 4. Fix Google Services Won't Update
- 5. Fix Google Play Store Not Working
- 6. Fix Play Store Stuck on Downloading
- Android Services Fail
- 1. Fix Phone Keep Disconnecting
- 2. Fix Android SystemUI Has Stopped
- 3. Fix Process Acore Has Stopped
- 4. Fix Process Media Has Stopped
- 5. the .com.android.phone Has Stopped
- 6. Fix Android Not Receiving Texts
- 7. Fix Bluetooth Not Working
- 8. Fix Home Button Not Working
- 9. Fix SIM not provisioned MM#2 Error
- 10.Fix Phone Has Stopped on Samsung
- 11.Fix Settings Has Stopped on Android
- 12.Fix Video Not Playing on Android
- 13.Fix Wi-Fi Not Working on Android
- 14.Fix Contacts Has Stopped Error
- 15.Fix Android System Crash Issue
- 16.Fix Process System Isn't Responding
- 17.Fix Pokemon GPS Signal Not Found