Android Not Receiving Texts? 10 Hassle-Free Solutions Here
It is very common that the Android messaging app is not working on many devices especially broken devices. People often encounter this issue in Samsung phones, even the latest ones.
You might find lots of people online stating I can't receive text messages on Android. And usually, people don’t find a legit solution for this issue. If you are also experiencing this sort of issue on your Android phones, then don’t panic. We have a series of methods that can supposedly fix the problem. But at first, we will learn what the main reasons this problem arises are and how do you know that it is consistent not some random error.
Take a look at the sections below, and you will learn all possible things regarding the messaging application on your phone.
- Part 0. Symptoms and Causes of Android Not Receiving Texts
- Part 1. Fix Android not Receiving Texts by System Repair Tool
- Part 2. Remove and Insert the SIM
- Part 3. Check Network Connection
- Part 4. Consult with your Carrier about the Data Plan
- Part 5. Try the SIM card in Another Phone or Slot
- Part 6. Clear the Cache of Messaging App
- Part 7. Delete Useless Messages to Free Up Space
- Part 8. Try a Third-party Messaging App
- Part 9. Ensure your Phone is Fully Charged
- Part 10. Ensure It’s Not An iMessage From iPhone
- Part 11. Update Your Android
The most common symptoms that would clarify that your Android messaging service is not working right are given below:
- You will stop receiving any texts all of a sudden.
- You can’t send or receive a text message.
- Whenever you try to text someone, the message sent failed notification pop up on the screen.
The reasons why your Android is not receiving texts are given below:
- Network issue
- Insufficient memory
- Mis-configuration of device settings
- Switching of devices
- A glitch in the messaging app
- Software issue
- Carrier problem with the registered network.
Apart from all these reasons, some additional causes are also there that can lead to this issue.
If you are not willing to waste your precious time fixing the message problem, then you can switch to the top-rated Android repair tool, i.e., Dr.Fone - System Repair (Android). With this software, you can easily fix issues like the black screen of death, crashing apps, can't receive text messages on Android, or failed download. If you have no idea what is causing the message app problem, you can simply think of repairing the whole Android system.
You surely need to try the software as it can perform the following tasks:
Android repair tool to fix Android Not Receiving Texts
- Fix the Android system without technical knowledge.
- Complete Android repair tool for all brands and models.
- Simple and Easy Repair procedure
- 100% guarantee that the problem will be fixed.
- Also available for iOS devices.
You can download and install the software on your system and use it to fix any issue. Then follow the steps given below:
Step 1: Launch the application and choose the System Repair option from the main interface. Connect your Android device to the computer and choose the Android Repair mode, and hit the Start button to begin.
Step 2: You will have to provide information about your device, including the brand, name, model, country, and carrier. In between, you will be notified that your device repair might erase the existing data of your device.
Step 3: Agree with the conditions and hit the Next button. The software will download the firmware package automatically. It might take a while to finish the download, and when it is finished, the repair process will be initiated automatically.
It won’t take long, and your Android phone will be repaired. Now you will be able to receive and send text messages without any hassle.
The easiest thing that you can try if your Android phone is not receiving any text messages is because the SIM is not inserted right. If your SIM card is inserted wrong, then it is obvious you can't receive text messages on Android. Simply take out the SIM card, see how it must be inserted, and do it correctly. Once the SIM is inserted in the right way, you will receive the pending text messages immediately unless there is another issue preventing it.
Maybe you are unable to get messages on your Android devices because your existing data plan has expired. You can directly contact your Carrier about the issues where your Android phone is not receiving texts. If your plan has expired, then you might have to renew it immediately. If not, then try out other fixes to resolve this issue.
Sometimes, people complain that Samsung is not receiving texts from iPhone, and it might be because of the SIM card issue. So, the best thing you can try is to remove the SIM from your current phone and insert it into another phone.
When you are offline the message is saved on the server and just about when you get online, the text messages are delivered. If it is the SIM issue, then you will not get the message unless you contact your network operator.
In smartphones, the memory space often gets filled up with cache. And not everyone remembers that they have to clear the cache from time to time. The accumulated cache can also lead to this issue. So, if your Android messaging app is not working, you have to clear the cache memory.
Step 1: Open the Settings and go to Apps. Find the Messages app from the list and tap to open it. There you will see the storage occupied by the app along with the cache.
Step 2: Click on the Clear Cache button and wait as the device free up the memory of your device.
Once the cache is cleared, you can also clear the data if you want to and you’ll instantly receive the text messages on your phone.
Sometimes, if you are not receiving text messages on Samsung, it means that you need to clean up the clutter of useless messages from your phone and SIM both. The phone messages can be deleted directly from your phone. But the SIM card messages needed to be deleted separately. The SIM cards don’t have enough memory to hold plenty of messages. Therefore, once the storage is full, you will stop receiving messages entirely.
Step 1: Open the messages app and open settings. Look for an option that says “Manage SIM Card Messages”. Sometimes, you can find this option under Advanced Settings.
Step 2: There, you will see the existing messages on the SIM. You can either delete all the messages or perform a selective deletion to free up space.
If you can’t receive messages on your default app, then you can try installing a third-party messaging app. Nowadays, most people use social media messaging apps like WhatsApp, Skype, etc. for messaging. So, if somehow, the Android is not receiving texts, then the new apps can help you to send and receive messages with a non-native network.
Further Reading: 15 Best Free Chat Apps in 2022. Chat Now!
Another possible fix to this problem might be your phone’s battery percentage. Sometimes, when the Android is in power saving mode, it disables the default apps too. As a result, you can't even receive text messages on Android. So, when you plug in the charger, the power saving mode will be disabled, and you will get your text messages.
If the Samsung phone is not receiving texts from iPhone, then this might be a different issue. Usually, there is an option on the iPhone where they can send texts as iMessage and simple messages. If the iPhone user sends the text as iMessage, then it will not show up on the Android device. To resolve this, you have to follow the steps below:
Taking the iPhone in hand makes sure that you are connected to a network. Open settings and scroll to look for the Message option. Toggle the bar next to the iMessage option to turn it off.
If the FaceTime option is also on, you might have to deactivate that too to send messages and calls as regular ones.
Part 11: Update Your Android
Updating the operating system to the latest Android version can fix some system errors which may cause the "Android not receiving texts" issue because the latest version always brings a better user experience and fix the know bugs.
Now you know several methods that can work if the Android messaging app is not working. If you experience this kind of issue with your Android phone, then you are most likely to resolve them with these fixes. If none of the solutions seem to fix the issue, then you can take the help of Dr. Fone - System Repair (Android) feature. With this tool, you can resolve all kinds of working issues on your device.
Other Popular Articles From Wondershare
- Apps Keep Stopping
- 1. Make Instagram Work Properly
- 2. Fix App Has Stopped Error
- 3. Fixe Gmail Not Working on Android
- 4. Fixe Spotify Keeps Crashing
- 5. Fix Chrome Crashes on Android
- 6. Fix Snapchat has Stopped
- 7. Fix TouchWiz has stopped
- 8. Fix WhatsApp has stopped
- 9. Solve YouTube App Crashing
- 10. Fix Apps Keep Crashing on Android
- 11.Fix Android App Not Installed
- 12.Fix WhatsApp issues on Android
- 13.Fix App Won't Open on Android
- Google Services Crash
- 1. Uninstall Google Play Service
- 2. Fix Google Maps Not Working
- 3. Fix Google Services Has Stopped
- 4. Fix Google Services Won't Update
- 5. Fix Google Play Store Not Working
- 6. Fix Play Store Stuck on Downloading
- Android Services Fail
- 1. Fix Phone Keep Disconnecting
- 2. Fix Android SystemUI Has Stopped
- 3. Fix Process Acore Has Stopped
- 4. Fix Process Media Has Stopped
- 5. the .com.android.phone Has Stopped
- 6. Fix Android Not Receiving Texts
- 7. Fix Bluetooth Not Working
- 8. Fix Home Button Not Working
- 9. Fix SIM not provisioned MM#2 Error
- 10.Find Pokemon Go GPS Singal
- 11.Fix Phone Has Stopped on Samsung
- 12.Fix Settings Has Stopped on Android
- 13.Fix Video Not Playing on Android
- 14.Fix Wi-Fi Not Working on Android
- 15.Fix Contacts Has Stopped Error
- 16.Fix Android System Crash Issue
- 17.Fix Process System Isn't Responding
- 18.Fix Pokemon GPS Signal Not Found