Home Button Not Working on Android? Here Are Real Fixes
There is no doubt that it is quite frustrating when your device buttons, such as home and back don’t work properly. The reasons can be software as well as hardware issues. If you are wondering whether there is any solution to fix this problem, then you’ve come to the right place. Firstly, yes some methods can probably help you to come out of this issue. Here, in this guide, we have covered various solutions you can try to resolve the “home button not working Android” problem no matter whether it is due to software or hardware reason.
- One click to fix Android Home Button Not Working
- Force Restart your Android
- Restore Factory Settings
- Update Android Firmware
- Simple Control app
- Button Savior app
- Navigation Bar (Back, Home, Recent Button) app
- Home Button app
- Multi-action Home Button app
Part 1: 4 Common Measures to Fix Home Button Not Working Android
Here, we are going to mention four common methods that you can try to resolve the home button problem on your Android phone with ease.
1.1 One click to fix Android Home Button Not Working
When it comes to the home button not working Samsung problem, the most common reason is the unknown system issues. In such a scenario, the best solution is using Dr.Fone - System Repair (Android) software to repair your Android system to normal in one click. This tool is powerful enough to resolve various Android issues within a few minutes.
Android repair tool to fix home button not working on Android
- The tool can help you to fix the Android operating system in a wide range of scenarios.
- It is compatible with all Samsung devices.
- There is no need for technical skills to use the software.
- The software comes with a high success rate for fixing the Android system.
- It provides easy steps to resolve Android issues.
To learn how to fix home button not working problem, download and install the Dr.Fone - System Repair (Android) software on your computer, follow the below step-by-step guide:
Step 1: To begin with the process, launch the software on your computer and select the “System Repair” option from the software main window.
Step 2: Thereafter, connect your Android phone to the computer using a USB cable and select the “Android Repair” tab from the left menu.
Step 3: Next, you will navigate to a device information page where you have to provide your device information.
Step 4: After that, the software will download the appropriate firmware to repair your Android system.
Step 5: After downloading the firmware, the software will start the repair process. Wait for a few seconds, the problem should get fixed and your phone will get back to its normal state.
1.2 Force Restart your Android
Whenever you encounter with Android virtual soft keys, not working problem, the first thing you should try is to force restart your phone. If the problem is due to a software issue, then it can be probably fixed by simply force restarting your Android.
Here are simple steps on how to force restart on Android:
Step 1: To begin with, press and hold the power button and either volume up or down button at the same time until your device screen goes off.
Step 2: Next, press the power button for a few moments to force restart your device.
1.3 Restore Factory Settings
If force restarting won’t help you to fix the problem you are facing, it’s time to reset your Android phone to factory settings. The factory reset on an Android device will erase all of your phone settings, third-party apps, user data, and other app data to restore your device to its original manufacturer condition or settings. It means that this can bring back your device to its normal state.
To learn how to restore factory settings, follow the below steps:
Step 1: Go to your ‘Settings” and then, go to “System”>” Advanced”>” Reset options”.
Step 2: Next, tap on “Erase all data”>” Reset phone” to factory reset on your phone. Here, you may need to enter the password or pin or pattern.
Once you are done with the above steps, restart your phone and restore your data and this might be fixed the problem for you. If not, then try the next solution.
1.4 Update Android Firmware
It might be the case that your Android firmware is not updated and that’s why you are experiencing the home button not working Android problem. Sometimes, not updating your Android firmware can cause various issues and problems while using your device. So, you should update it, and here are steps on how to do it:
Step 1: Open the Settings and then, go to “About device”. Next, click “System updates”.
Step 2: After that, click “Check for updates” and if updates are available, then download and install it to update your Android version.
Part 2: What if the Home Button fails due to hardware reasons?
When your Android home and back button not working because of hardware reasons, you can’t get the problem resolved by simply rebooting your device. In such cases, you have to use alternative apps to replace the home button.
2.1 Simple Control app
The Simple Control app is the first and foremost solution to fix the Android home button not working issue. With the help of this app, you can fix many soft keys of your device. It is specially designed for Android users facing trouble using home, volume, back, and camera buttons. Plus, the app utilizes Accessibility service, but it doesn’t get access to your sensitive and personal information.
- It can easily replace broken and failed buttons.
- The app is quite easy to use.
- It is not as much efficient as other similar apps available out there.
2.2 Button Savior app
Button Savior app is one of the ultimate apps that can help you to fix the Android home button not working problem with ease. For this app, root and no root versions are available on the Google Play store. To fix the Home button not working issue, no root version is the right one. But, if you want to fix the Back button or other buttons, then you need to go for the root version.
- It comes with a root as well as no root version.
- The app is powerful enough to fix a wide range of buttons.
- It shows information regarding the date and time and battery.
- The root version of the app can cause data loss.
2.3 Navigation Bar (Back, Home, Recent Button) app
Navigation Bar app is another great solution to fix the home button not responding problem. It can replace broken and failed button for users who are facing difficulty using navigation bar panel or buttons not working properly. The app offers numerous features, and it is easy to use.
- It offers many colors to make an incredible navigation bar.
- The app provides 15 themes for customization.
- It comes with the ability to change the size of the navigation bar.
- Sometimes, the navigation bar stopped working.
- It comes with ads.
2.4 Home Button app
Home button app is another remarkable solution to replace broken and failed home buttons for users having trouble while using buttons. With this app, it is quite easy to press or even long press on the home button as assistive touch.
- You can change the button of color using the app.
- With the help of it, you can set a vibrate setting on touch.
- It provides support for many press actions, such as home, back, power menu, etc.
- It doesn’t come with a lot of features, unlike other apps.
- Sometimes, it shuts down automatically.
2.5 Multi-action Home Button app
Is your Android physical home button is broken or dead? If yes, then the Multi-action Home Button app can help you to fix it with ease. With the help of it, you can create a button in centre-bottom of your device screen, and you can also add numerous actions to that button.
- It provides various actions with the button.
- It is very simple and easy to use.
- The app's very useful feature comes with its pro version.
Hopefully, the methods covered in this post helps you to fix Android home and back button not working problem for you. If it is a system issue, then the best thing you can do is to take advantage of Dr.Fone - System Repair (Android) software. It can surely help you to fix your Android system to normal within a few minutes.
Other Popular Articles From Wondershare
- Apps Keep Stopping
- 1. Make Instagram Work Properly
- 2. Fix App Has Stopped Error
- 3. Fixe Gmail Not Working on Android
- 4. Fixe Spotify Keeps Crashing
- 5. Fix Chrome Crashes on Android
- 6. Fix Snapchat has Stopped
- 7. Fix TouchWiz has stopped
- 8. Fix WhatsApp has stopped
- 9. Solve YouTube App Crashing
- 10. Fix Apps Keep Crashing on Android
- 11.Fix Android App Not Installed
- 12.Fix WhatsApp issues on Android
- 13.Fix App Won't Open on Android
- Google Services Crash
- 1. Uninstall Google Play Service
- 2. Fix Google Maps Not Working
- 3. Fix Google Services Has Stopped
- 4. Fix Google Services Won't Update
- 5. Fix Google Play Store Not Working
- 6. Fix Play Store Stuck on Downloading
- Android Services Fail
- 1. Fix Phone Keep Disconnecting
- 2. Fix Android SystemUI Has Stopped
- 3. Fix Process Acore Has Stopped
- 4. Fix Process Media Has Stopped
- 5. the .com.android.phone Has Stopped
- 6. Fix Android Not Receiving Texts
- 7. Fix Bluetooth Not Working
- 8. Fix Home Button Not Working
- 9. Fix SIM not provisioned MM#2 Error
- 10.Find Pokemon Go GPS Singal
- 11.Fix Phone Has Stopped on Samsung
- 12.Fix Settings Has Stopped on Android
- 13.Fix Video Not Playing on Android
- 14.Fix Wi-Fi Not Working on Android
- 15.Fix Contacts Has Stopped Error
- 16.Fix Android System Crash Issue
- 17.Fix Process System Isn't Responding
- 18.Fix Pokemon GPS Signal Not Found