6 Fixes to "Unfortunately WhatsApp has stopped" Error Popups
Ever seen a wheel going on without cog? Similarly, WhatsApp has become the cog of our lives. Be it in the professional era or personal (gossips, oomph) stuffs, it is a crucial engaging kind of application. WhatsApp is the slow poison yet a useful tool used worldwide after call logs or messages. Imagining a day without is enough to put someone off. And if one has recently faced a problem in WhatsApp crashing or not opening, then it is enough to give a heart break. It can be due to Cache memory piled up, storage running out of space, WhatsApp components getting corrupted. In such a case, resolving the problem by using an effective solution is very important! Don’t worry and wander as we will provide impeccable range of fixes to bid bye to WhatsApp stopping problem.
Cause 1: WhatsApp-related Firmware Components went wrong
You should start fixing the WhatsApp crashing issue with fixing the Android firmware. This is because the Android firmware components are many times the hidden culprit behind the problem of why a particular app stops working. And to fix these components in one click, you need dr.fone – Repair (Android). It is one of the safest tools around in the market and works efficiently with Android system issues. It promises to bring your device back to normal and healthy state. Here are the benefits you get with this amazing tool.
Android repair tool to fix firmware component issues
- Fixes all kinds of Android system issues with ease
- Supports 1000+ Android device in a hassle-free way
- Really easy to use and free from any virus infection
- One needn’t to be a tech pro to use this tool
- Can be downloaded for free and repairs the device in few easy steps
Step 1: Download dr.fone Tool
To start repairing, go to the official website of dr.fone – Repair (Android) and download it. Install it and then open the tool on your PC. To proceed, look for the “Repair” tab and click on it.
Step 2: Choose the Right Tab
As the next step, you need to take the help of USB cable and then plug your device to the computer. Once connected appropriately, make sure to click on the “Android Repair” tab from the left panel.
Step 3: Enter Details
Next will be the information screen. Simply enter the model, brand and other details. Check everything once and click on “Next”.
Step 4: Confirm the Repairing
You are now required to give the confirmation to the program to proceed. For this, type “000000” on the given window and hit “Confirm”.
Step 5: Enter Download Mode
Subsequently, you need to go along with the onscreen instructions. This will boot your device in the download mode. The step is necessary to download the firmware. When you follow the steps, you need to click “Next”. The program will then start downloading the firmware.
Step 6: Repair Android
Now, you just have to sit back and relax. The program will begin to repair your device. Wait until you get the notification for completion.
Cause 2: Cache conflict
The purpose of Cache in a device is to keep the track of frequently used data and information of an application. And when there are the files or data that are corrupted in the cache, this might raise the “Unfortunately WhatsApp has stopped” error. Therefore, you need to clear the WhatsApp data if the above method went futile. Here are the steps.
- Open “Settings” and go to “App Manager” or “Apps & Notifications” or “Applications”.
- Now, from the list of all applications, choose “WhatsApp”.
- Click on “Storage” and tap “Clear Data”.
Cause 3: WhatsApp components corruption
A lot of times, the WhatsApp crashes due to the corrupted components of WhatsApp. In such case, all you need to do is uninstall and install the WhatsApp again. This is how you do it.
- Uninstall the app right away from your Homescreen or from the “Settings” > “Applications” > “All” > “WhatsApp” > “Uninstall” (for some phones).
- Go to “Play Store” and search “WhatsApp” on the search bar.
- Tap on it and start downloading followed by installing it.
Cause 4: Not Enough Storage on your Phone
Insufficient storage could be the other reason why for your WhatsApp has stopped. When your device starts running out of space, some apps may not be able to operate properly for their functions take up space in the device. And probably WhatsApp is one of them. If the space is the case with you, we suggest you the following two things to go with.
- Firstly, go to Settings and check the storage. Make sure it is enough i.e. at least 100 to 200MB.
- Secondly, start eliminating the apps that are no longer needed. This will indeed create more space in your device and will let your WhatsApp wok properly.
Cause 5: Gmail Account no longer valid or hacked
It is a well-known fact that Android device and Gmail account go hand in hand. To run the device smoothly, it is always asked to enter your Gmail address for further configurations. And when WhatsApp stops on your device, the reason might be your Gmail account. Most probably it is not valid now or maybe hacked. If this is the case, we suggest you to log out and log in with some another Gmail account.
- Log out by opening “Settings” and tap on “Accounts”.
- Choose your Google account and tap on “REMOVE ACCOUNT”.
Now, you can login again and check if WhatsApp works or not.
Cause 6: WhatsApp Incompatible with your Android Phone
If still nothing works and your WhatsApp keeps stopping, most likely the reason is the incompatibility of your WhatsApp with your device. In such case, the thing that comes to your rescue is mod WhatsApp version like GBWhatsApp. It is a mod app which is similar to WhatsApp but in a more modified way. With this, a user gets more functionalities and customizable settings when compared to WhatsApp.
If you’re wondering how you can find this app and install, you should keep reading.
To find GBWhatsApp:
Since you can look for this mod app on the Play Store, here are some of the other secure places from where you can download apk file for this GBWhatsApp. Note down these websites to get GBWhatsApp downloaded if WhatsApp has stopped.
- Latest Mod APKs
- Android APKs Free
- Soft Alien
To Install GBWhatsApp:
Now that you have decided where to download the apk file, these are the following steps that you should follow to install it on your phone. Please have a look:
- Firstly, open “Settings” on your device and go to “Security”. Turn the “Unknown Sources” option. Doing this will let you install the apps from other locations than Play Store.
- Using the browser on your phone, download the app from any of the aforementioned website.
- Launch the GBWhatsApp apk and follow the onscreen instruction in order to install. You need to go in a similar way as you do in mormal WhatsApp app.
- Simply proceed with entering your name, country and contact number. The app will verify your account. You are now ready to use this app.
- Google Services Crash
- Google Play Services has stopped
- Play Store error RH-01
- Google Play services not updating
- Play Store stuck on downloading
- Android Services Fail
- TouchWiz Home has stopped
- Wi-Fi not working
- Bluetooth not working
- Video not playing
- Camera not working
- Contacts not responding
- Home button not responding
- Can't receive texts
- SIM not provisioned
- Settings stopping
- Apps Keeps Stopping