We often find people complaining, “Unfortunately Youtube has stopped”, “Unfortunately the internet has stopped” or “Unfortunately Netalpha has stopped”. An error that causes Apps to randomly stop working is experienced by users daily. This is a strange error as it occurs while you are using an App, and it suddenly stops working or crashes. You are brought back from the App screen to the Home Screen of your device with an error message saying: “Unfortunately, it has stopped working.”
Apps not working or stopped while working, such as unfortunately Netalpha has stopped or unfortunately the internet has stopped, is a very confusing error because one moment your App is running smoothly and the next moment it shuts down automatically with an error message. Unfortunately, Youtube has stopped working, Netalpha has stopped. Unfortunately, the internet has stopped, and many more such examples of Apps stopping while working normally are witnessed by users all over the world, and they are constantly on a lookout for solutions to fix such an error.
Read on to find out why exactly your App stops working suddenly and 3 of the best and most effective ways to tackle the problem.
- Part 1: Why your App stops working suddenly?
- Part 2: A one-click fix to ‘Unfortunately App has Stopped’
- Part 3: Fix your App has unfortunately stopped by clearing App Cache
- Part 4: Fix your App has unfortunately stopped by the fresh installation
- Part 5: Fix your App has unfortunately stopped by factory reset
Part 1: Why your App stops working suddenly?
Unfortunately, Youtube has stopped; unfortunately, Netalpha has stopped working, etc. are error messages that pop-up now and then while using Apps on Android mobile devices. It is important to understand that such errors are not App/Apps specific and may occur to any App/Apps. There is no one specific App or genre of Apps that face this problem.
The reason behind unfortunately internet has stopped or any other App which experiences such a glitch in data crash. A data crash is not a serious problem and only means a situation wherein an App, OS, or software stops working normally and exits abruptly. This may happen due to various reasons such as unstable internet connection, both cellular and WiFi. Another reason for Apps to stop working could be corrupted Cache files, which have not been cleared in a long time.
Many users also feel that incomplete or improper installation may cause the App to crash and stop working suddenly.
There may be many more reasons for them; unfortunately, App has stopped error to show up, but no one reason can be blamed for it.
Therefore it is important for us to carefully examine the problem and choose from the solutions given below to fix Unfortunately, Youtube has stopped; unfortunately, Netalpha has stopped; unfortunately, the internet has stopped and many other similar unfortunately App has stopped working errors.
Part 2: A One-Click Fix to ‘Unfortunately App has Stopped’
Fortunately, while this is an annoying problem that stops you from doing what you’re doing, the best way to eliminate this error is simply to repair the data glitch, thus preventing it from happening.
The easiest solution is to use a software application known as Dr.Fone - System Repair, a specialist piece of programming designed to help you fix your devices as quickly as possible.
If this sounds like the option you need to alleviate your, unfortunately, YouTube has stopped errors; this is how to use it.
How to Use Dr.Fone -Repair to Fix Unfortunately App has Stopped Error
Note: Please note that using this solution may rewrite and repair all data on your phone, meaning there is the potential to lose data during the process. Make sure you back up your device before continuing.
Step #1 - Acquire the Software
Head over to the Dr.Fone - System Repair website and download the software to your Mac or Windows computer.
Step #2 - Connect Your Android Device
Launch Dr.Fone and click the System Repair option from the main menu. Now connect your Android device using the official cable.
From the next menu, select the ‘Android Repair’ option and press ‘Start’.
Step #3 - Input Information & Repair
Tap in your phone information. This is to make sure your device is repaired correctly while minimizing the risk of bricking your device.
Follow the on-screen instructions on how to then boot your Android device in Download mode.
Once booted, the software will verify your firmware and start repairing your device. Make sure your phone stays connected throughout the process, and you’ll be ready to go and your ‘unfortunately the internet [or another app] has stopped’ error should be erased!
This could take some time, depending on your internet connection and speeds, so be mindful that everything stays connected.
Part 3: Fix your App has unfortunately stopped by clearing App Cache
Herein we bring to you 3 of the most effective remedies to combat the; unfortunately, App has stopped error, which has helped many users facing similar problems.
First among these is to clear the App’s cache. Clearing App Cache to fix Unfortunately Youtube has stopped, and such errors are very popular as it cleans your App/Apps by wiping off data that has been stored due to constant App usage, and it makes the App/Apps as good as new. It is advised to all users to clear the App cache regularly for Apps to function better.
Follow the steps given below to learn how to clear App cache:
• Visit “Settings” to find an option named “Apps”.
• Tap on “Apps” and look for the App which has suddenly stopped.
• Click the App name, say, for example, “Youtube” by scrolling down in “All” Apps.
• From the options that appear, tap on “Storage” and then on “Clear cache” as shown below.
Clearing App cache is always a good idea as it prevents any errors which may be caused due to the cache being corrupt or too full. This method is likely to help you, but if the problem persists, read on to find out about 2 more solutions.
Part 4: Fix your App has unfortunately stopped by the fresh installation
Sometimes, unfortunately, Youtube has stopped; unfortunately, the internet has stopped, and such errors are caused due to improper or inappropriate App installation. It is mandatory to completely download the App from the Google Play Store and use it after it is successfully installed on your device.
Firstly, to uninstall all an existing App from your device, follow the instructions given hereunder:
• Visit “Settings” and search for “Application Manager” or “Apps”.
• Select the App you wish to uninstall, say, for example, “Messenger”.
• From the options that appear before you, click on “Uninstall” to delete the App from your device.
You may also uninstall an app directly from the Home Screen (only possible in certain devices) or the Play Store.
To re-install the App, visit Google Play Store, search for the App name and click on “Install”. You will also find the deleted App in “My Apps and games” on your Play store.
This method has helped many and will be useful to you too. So don't hesitate to try it. It may sound tedious and time-consuming, but it hardly takes 5 minutes of your time.
Part 5: Fix your App has unfortunately stopped by factory reset
Factory Reset must be used only when nothing else works. Please remember to take a back-up of all your data and contents on the cloud or an external memory device, such as a pen drive before adopting this method because the one you perform a factory reset on your device, all media, contents, data and other files are wiped out, including device settings. Do remember to back up the data on an Android device before performing a factory reset.
Follow the step-by-step explanation given below to factory reset your device to fix Unfortunately Youtube has stopped; unfortunately, the internet has stopped working and similar errors:
• Visit “Settings” by clicking the settings icon, as shown below.
• Now select “Backup and Reset” and move on.
• In this step, select “Factory data reset” and then “Reset Device”.
• Finally, tap on “ERASE EVERYTHING” as shown below to Factory Reset your device.
Note: Once the factory reset process is complete, your device will automatically restart and you will have to set it up once again.
Errors such as unfortunately, Youtube has stopped, unfortunately, Netalpha has stopped, unfortunately, the internet has stopped working and so on are very common these days. They disrupt the normal functioning of an App/Apps and prevent you from using the App/Apps smoothly. Unfortunately, App has stopped error is not a serious problem and does not mean there is a problem with the App, your Android OS version, or your handset. It is a random error which occurs due to various reasons in a given situation. If you experience such an error while sign in your favorite App/Apps, DO NOT panic as unfortunately, App has stopped error can be fixed easily. All you need to do is be patient with the App’s software and not try to launch it again and again once it crashes, and an error message pops-up. Just follow the methods listed and explained in detail in the previous segments to solve the problem of unfortunately App has stopped.
Other Popular Articles From Wondershare
- Apps Keep Stopping
- 1. Make Instagram Work Properly
- 2. Fix App Has Stopped Error
- 3. Fixe Gmail Not Working on Android
- 4. Fixe Spotify Keeps Crashing
- 5. Fix Chrome Crashes on Android
- 6. Fix Snapchat has Stopped
- 7. Fix TouchWiz has stopped
- 8. Fix WhatsApp has stopped
- 9. Solve YouTube App Crashing
- 10. Fix Apps Keep Crashing on Android
- 11.Fix Android App Not Installed
- 12.Fix WhatsApp issues on Android
- 13.Fix App Won't Open on Android
- Google Services Crash
- 1. Uninstall Google Play Service
- 2. Fix Google Maps Not Working
- 3. Fix Google Services Has Stopped
- 4. Fix Google Services Won't Update
- 5. Fix Google Play Store Not Working
- 6. Fix Play Store Stuck on Downloading
- Android Services Fail
- 1. Fix Phone Keep Disconnecting
- 2. Fix Android SystemUI Has Stopped
- 3. Fix Process Acore Has Stopped
- 4. Fix Process Media Has Stopped
- 5. the .com.android.phone Has Stopped
- 6. Fix Android Not Receiving Texts
- 7. Fix Bluetooth Not Working
- 8. Fix Home Button Not Working
- 9. Fix SIM not provisioned MM#2 Error
- 10.Find Pokemon Go GPS Singal
- 11.Fix Phone Has Stopped on Samsung
- 12.Fix Settings Has Stopped on Android
- 13.Fix Video Not Playing on Android
- 14.Fix Wi-Fi Not Working on Android
- 15.Fix Contacts Has Stopped Error
- 16.Fix Android System Crash Issue
- 17.Fix Process System Isn't Responding
- 18.Fix Pokemon GPS Signal Not Found