8 Solutions to Solve YouTube App Crashing on Android
YouTube can be considered among the apps that are widely used by users. And seeing “Unfortunately YouTube has stopped” error on the Android display screen is a thing that you can’t stand. The reasons can be multiple for why YouTube is not working or it keeps crashing. For instance, an outdated app, not updated OS, low storage, or corrupted cache. No matter what has triggered the problem on your device, we have solutions for it. Please read and follow this article to get the problem sorted.
Restart the app
The issues like YouTube keeps crashing are often get disappeared by just quitting and restarting the app. This is helpful to give a fresh start to the app and restarting will bring your device back to normal. Hence, the first resolution we would like to recommend is to restart your app. Follow the steps to do this.
- Go to “Settings” and tap “Apps & Notifications” or “Application”.
- Choose “YouTube” from the list of apps and open it.
- Tap on “Force Close” or “Force Stop”.
- You can now restart your device and then launch the app again. Check if this works or not.
Use a VPN
There is a possibility that YouTube is prohibited in your region. Banning some apps is done for some safety reasons. And therefore, you need to check if this is done in your area or not. If yes, then we shouldn’t mention the reason why YouTube is not working on Android. In such a case, use a VPN to access YouTube.
Clear the Cache of YouTube
When the stored cache files start getting crash, the “Unfortunately YouTube has stopped” sort of errors are likely to appear. And therefore, if the above method didn’t work, try this one to get the problem resolved. We are going to clear the cache of YouTube to make it run smoothly.
- Go to “Settings” and tap “Apps & Notifications”/”Applications”.
- Now, choose “YouTube” from the list of apps.
- Open “Storage” and click on “Clear Cache”.
Reinstall YouTube from Play Store
If YouTube keeps crashing, make sure to uninstall and reinstall it from Play Store. Doing this will make the app gets refreshed, remove the glitches, and make it normal as a result. Here are the steps for it.
- Firstly, uninstall it by “Settings” > “Apps” > “YouTube” > “Uninstall”.
- Now, go to the “Play Store” and search “YouTube”. Tap on “Install”.
Reset Network Settings
The apps that run on the internet might start crashing due to connectivity issues. Therefore, resetting the network settings once can work as a great remedy to follow when YouTube has stopped on your Android device. This will remove all your network settings like Wi-Fi passwords etc.
- Tap on “Settings” followed by “Backup and reset”.
- Look for “Reset Network Settings”.
Note: In some phones, you may find the option in “System” > “Advanced” > “Reset”.
Re-flash the stock ROM of Android in one click
There are times when a corrupted system gives you such errors. And therefore, you should try re-flashing the stock ROM on your Android device. Before you wonder how we would like to introduce a highly recommended tool for this. It is Dr.Fone - System Repair (Android). It holds the proficiency to flash the stock ROM in just a click. So, when your YouTube is not responding due to a corrupted system, make use of this tool to get it solved. The benefits associated with this tool are as follows.
Android repair tool to flash the stock ROM of Android
- Easy to use and quickly fixes the issues
- Has the capability to repair any Android system issue
- 1000+ Android models are supported
- Takes no special technical knowledge to use
- Higher success rate with promising results
Step 1: Launch the Tool
Start with visiting the website on your PC and downloading the Dr.Fone toolkit. Install and open the tool. Now, from the main screen, choose “System Repair”.
Step 2: Connect Device
With the help of the USB cord, connect your device to the computer. Click on “Android Repair” now from the left panel.
Step 3: Enter Information
Now, as the next step, you need to make sure of the details of your device. Please enter the name and brand of the phone. The country, region, and career are also to be added. Hit on “Next” once done.
Step 4: Download Firmware
Now, follow the instructions given on the screen according to your device. Click on “Next” and the program will start downloading the firmware.
Step 5: Repair the Issue
Lastly, when the firmware is downloaded, the system will start getting repaired on its own. You need to wait until you are informed about the completion of the process.
Reset Factory Settings of this Device
When nothing works, the last resort you can go with is resetting the device to factory state. Doing this will remove any sort of conflicting bugs and other stuff. However, this will remove the data from your device. So make sure to backup everything before going with this method. The steps are:
- Open “Settings” and tap “Backup & reset”.
- Go to “Factory data reset” and tap “Reset phone”
Other Popular Articles From Wondershare
- Apps Keep Stopping
- 1. Make Instagram Work Properly
- 2. Fix App Has Stopped Error
- 3. Fixe Gmail Not Working on Android
- 4. Fixe Spotify Keeps Crashing
- 5. Fix Chrome Crashes on Android
- 6. Fix Snapchat has Stopped
- 7. Fix TouchWiz has stopped
- 8. Fix WhatsApp has stopped
- 9. Solve YouTube App Crashing
- 10. Fix Apps Keep Crashing on Android
- 11.Fix Android App Not Installed
- 12.Fix WhatsApp issues on Android
- 13.Fix App Won't Open on Android
- Google Services Crash
- 1. Uninstall Google Play Service
- 2. Fix Google Maps Not Working
- 3. Fix Google Services Has Stopped
- 4. Fix Google Services Won't Update
- 5. Fix Google Play Store Not Working
- 6. Fix Play Store Stuck on Downloading
- Android Services Fail
- 1. Fix Phone Keep Disconnecting
- 2. Fix Android SystemUI Has Stopped
- 3. Fix Process Acore Has Stopped
- 4. Fix Process Media Has Stopped
- 5. the .com.android.phone Has Stopped
- 6. Fix Android Not Receiving Texts
- 7. Fix Bluetooth Not Working
- 8. Fix Home Button Not Working
- 9. Fix SIM not provisioned MM#2 Error
- 10.Find Pokemon Go GPS Singal
- 11.Fix Phone Has Stopped on Samsung
- 12.Fix Settings Has Stopped on Android
- 13.Fix Video Not Playing on Android
- 14.Fix Wi-Fi Not Working on Android
- 15.Fix Contacts Has Stopped Error
- 16.Fix Android System Crash Issue
- 17.Fix Process System Isn't Responding
- 18.Fix Pokemon GPS Signal Not Found