Complete Guide to Fix Google Maps Not Working on Android
Gone are the days when people used to carry road maps physically to solve the purpose of finding right directions of geographical regions around the world. Or asking from local people for the directions are things of past now. With the world going digital, we have been introduced with Google Maps, which is indeed a wonderful innovation. It is a web-based mapping service that is helpful in providing right directions through your Smartphone when you have enabled the location feature on it. Not just this, it can be used to fulfill various motives like knowing traffic conditions, street view and even indoor maps.
Our Android devices have therefore made us much reliable this technology. On the contrary, no one ever likes to stand in the unknown area just because of his/her Google Maps is not working on Android. Have you ever realized this situation? What would you do if that happens? Well, in this article, we are going to find some solutions for this problem. In case you are wondering for the same, you can look up to the tips mentioned below.
Part 1: Common Issues related to Google Maps
It would become impossible to navigate the right direction when your GPS stops operating properly. And this will be an utter disappointment for sure, especially when reaching somewhere is your high-priority. The common issues that can crop-up are listed below.
- Maps Crashing: First common problem is Google Maps keeps crashing when you launch it. This may include immediate closing of the app or the app closes after a few seconds.
- Blank Google Maps: Since we are dependent on online navigation completely, seeing blank Google Maps can be really an annoying moment. And this is the second issue you may encounter with.
- Google Maps slow loading: When you open Google Maps, it takes ages to launch and make you disturbed than ever in the unfamiliar place.
- Maps app Doesn’t show Right Locations: Many times, Google Maps stops you from going further by not showing right locations or right directions.
Part 2: 6 solutions to fix Google Maps not working on Android
2.1 One click to fix firmware issues that resulted in Google Maps
When you experience Google maps slow loading or not working, it is most likely due to the firmware. It can be possible that the firmware went wrong and therefore the issue is cropping up. But to fix this, we luckily have dr.fone – Repair (Android). It is designed to repair Android system issues and firmware with just a single click. It is one of the leading software when it comes to repairing Android with ease.
Android repair tool to fix Google Maps not working
- Really easy to use no matter you’re beginner or experienced
- Can repair wide range of issues including Google maps not working, Play Store not working, apps crashing and more
- More than 1000 Android models are supported
- No technical knowledge required to use this
- Reliable and safe to use; no worries of virus or malwares
How to Fix Google maps keeps crashing via dr.fone – Repair (Android)
Step 1: Download the Software
To use dr.fone – Repair (Android), download it from the blue box above. Install it afterwards and then run it. Now, the first screen will welcome you. Click on “Repair” to proceed.
Step 2: Attach Android Device
Now, take USB cord and make connection between your device and the computer. Once it is done, click on “Android Repair” which can be found on the left panel of the next screen.
Step 3: Choose and Verify Details
Subsequently, you are required to select the information of your mobile like the name and brand of the model, the country/region or the career you use. Check after feeding in and click on “Next”.
Step 4: Confirm the Process
Now, on the next pop-up window, type “000000” in the rectangular box and hit “Confirm” to move.
Step 5: Download Firmware
You don’t have to manually download the firmware. Just follow the onscreen instructions to put your device into download mode. The program is capable of detecting the suitable firmware and will automatically start downloading it.
Step 6: Complete the Process
Once the firmware gets perfectly downloaded, you just need to sit and wait. The program will do the job to fix the Android system. When you get the information on the screen about the repairing, hit on “Done”
2.2 Reset the GPS
There are times when your GPS glitches and stores a wrong location information. Now, this becomes worse when it is just not able fetch the accurate location is stuck with the former. Eventually, making all other services to stop that makes use of GPS and thereby, Maps keep crashing. Try resetting the GPS and see if this works or not. Here are the steps.
- Head to Google play store and download a third party app like “GPS Status & Toolbox” to reset the GPS data.
- Now, hit anywhere on the app followed by “Menu” and then select “Manage A-GPS state”. Lastly hit “Reset”.
- Once done, head back to “Manage A-GPS state” and hit “Download”.
2.3 Ensure Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and cellular data work properly
Above all, when you use maps, you need to ensure three things. There are chances that the problem is arising due to non-working Wi-Fi, Bluetooth or cellular data. Believe it or not, these are responsible in positioning the Google maps. And if any of these fail to operate rightly, the problem of Maps keeps crashing and other problems relating to Maps can easily occur. Hence the next suggestion is to make sure of accurateness of Wi-Fi, cellular data and Bluetooth.
2.4 Clear data and cache of Google Maps
A lot of times, the issues occur due to minor reasons like cache conflicts. The root cause maybe the corrupted cache files for it has been collected and not cleared for long. And that might be the reason why your Maps are behaving weirdly. Thus, clearing data and cache of Google Maps can solve the issue. Follow the following steps to fix Google Maps stopping issue.
- Go to “Settings” and look for “Apps” or “Application Manager”.
- Choose “Maps” from the apps list and open it.
- Now, select “Clear Cache” and “Clear Data” and confirm the actions.
2.5 Update Google Maps to the latest version
Getting error due to an outdate version of app is nothing new. Many people are lazy to update their apps and then end up receiving problems like blank Google Maps or it is crashing or not opening. So, it will take nothing from you if you update the app. It will rather give you a smoother operation of Maps and fix the problem. So, please go ahead and follow the steps to update Google Maps.
- Open “Play Store” on your Android device and go to “My app & games”.
- From the list of apps, choose “Maps” and tap on “UPDATE” to get it upgraded.
2.6 Install the latest version of Google Play Services
Google play services are extremely important to smoothly execute any app over the Android operating system. Therefore, if in case the Google play services installed over your device have gone obsolete. You need to get them updated to the latest version in order to stop Google Maps stopping issue. For this, follow the steps below.
- Head to the “Google Play Store” app and then look for “Play Services” and update it.
- Google Services Crash
- Google Play Services has stopped
- Play Store error RH-01
- Google Play services not updating
- Play Store stuck on downloading
- Android Services Fail
- TouchWiz Home has stopped
- Wi-Fi not working
- Bluetooth not working
- Video not playing
- Camera not working
- Contacts not responding
- Home button not responding
- Can't receive texts
- SIM not provisioned
- Settings stopping
- Apps Keeps Stopping