Complete Guide to Fix Google Maps Not Working on Android
Navigation systems have a vivid history and a key place in the annals of civilization. Today, we have the ubiquitous GPS or Global Positioning System that is key to our everyday lives. There are few key players in the market, but Google Maps leads by far. So, when users find Google Maps down on their Android phones, it comes as a rude shock and life can literally come to a standstill – for those on the road depending on it to tell them when to make the next turn! If Google Maps is not working for you, read this guide for ways to resolve the issue.
Part I: Why Is Google Maps Not Working?
There are a few reasons Google Maps could be classified as not working. These could include:
- -a slow internet connection causing maps to load slowly or the app to not load altogether.
- -weather could be such that the phone is unable to get a satellite fix.
- -app not showing your accurate location.
It may be any reason, but the situation is extremely frustrating, and we need a solution right now. Below are the ways you can fix Google Maps not working on Android quickly.
Part II: 9 Ways To Fix Google Maps Not Working
Without keeping you any further, we present you ways you can fix your Google Maps not working issue quickly.
II.I: Restart The Phone
The first and the easiest way to resolve most issues is to restart the device. So, restart your Android device and see if that resolves the Maps not working issue. If it does not, proceed further.
II.II: Check For Updates
Sometimes, apps stop working in case there are some updates in the Play Store. Don’t ask us why this happens, anything is possible when it comes to software. With that in mind, check for software updates and you might just find that there is one for Google Maps!
Step 1: Launch Play Store on your device and tap your profile picture on the right corner. Then, tap Manage Apps And Device.
Note that this process could be different for your specific Android version and skin.
Step 3: If there are updates available, they will show like this:
Tap Update All to apply the updates available and open Google Maps again to see if that helps!
II.III: Check If Location Is Enabled
Let us check if Location access is enabled at all.
Step 1: Launch Settings.
Step 2: Go to Location.
Step 3: Tap Location to On.
II.IV: Check Location Accuracy
Location Accuracy helps with getting a quick and precise fix up to the capabilities of the GPS chip inside your Android phone. Switch it on and see the difference! Here’s how:
Step 1: Go to Settings.
Step 2: Go to Location.
Step 3: Tap Google Location Accuracy.
Step 4: Toggle it On.
II.V: Check Location Permissions For Google Maps
Usually if there is an issue with permissions, the Maps app alerts you to it, so you know. However, in case it hasn’t, it is always a good idea to check again.
Step 1: Go to Settings > Apps and locate Google Maps (it might be labelled as just Maps).
Step 2: Tap Permissions.
Step 3: Tap Location.
Step 4: Allow All The Time for the most seamless experience.
II.VI: Clear Google Maps Cache
Sometimes, clearing data caches can help with apps stuck up with something that prevents them from functioning correctly.
Step 1: Go to Settings > Apps > Maps (Google Maps).
Step 2: Tap Storage Usage.
Step 3: Tap Clear Cache. You may also tap Clear Data, but that would likely make you sign in to Maps again when you launch the app and any unsaved data in the Maps app could get lost.
II.VII: Reset Google Play Services Cache
You can also reset Google Play Service cache to help resolve issues, just in case. Doing this, however, will necessitate signing back in to Play Store.
Step 1: Go to Settings > Apps and locate Google Play Services.
Step 2: Tap Storage Usage.
Step 3: Tap Clear Cache.
II.VIII: Calibrate The Compass
If Google Maps is not showing your accurate location, your compass calibration might be low.
Step 1: Launch Maps and tap the location icon at the bottom right.
Step 2: If compass calibration is low, it will prompt you. Follow the directions onscreen and you’re done!
II.IX: Fix Google Maps Not Working Issue In One Click With Dr.Fone
Now, if all you are looking for is the fastest way to resolve Google Maps not working issue on your Android phone, we present you with a one-click solution to do just that!
Dr.Fone is an app developed by Wondershare and loved by millions of users around the world. Why? Because it makes lives easy whenever disaster strikes on your beloved smartphones and tablets. The app’s modular structure ensures that you are never lost in a maze of options, and everything is clear and easily understandable for everyone.
Today, we will use Dr.Fone’s System Repair (Android) to repair our Android firmware issues to fix Google Maps not working problem.
Download Dr.Fone here.
Step 1: Launch Dr.Fone app on your computer.
Step 2: Click System Repair module (and choose Android).
Step 3: On this screen as shown below, click Start to proceed.
Step 4: Dr.Fone will detect your device software information and show it. Make changes if necessary, and click Next.
Step 5: The software will show you instructions for putting your phone in Download Mode. Most devices sold today are without the physical Home button, and instructions for that are shown below. Click Next.
Step 6: Firmware will begin downloading automatically, and when done, you can review the information and click Fix Now to start the process.
Step 7: You will need to confirm firmware repair by entering a code (digit zero, six times – 000000).
After successful repair, the following screen will be shown.
Phone will restart and your Google Maps not working issue should be resolved.
The importance of Google Maps on Android smartphones cannot be overstated. It is one of the most used navigational apps in the world. So, if Google Maps stopped working on Android, you need a quick fix and you need it now. This guide gives you 9 ways to fix Google Maps not working on Android issue and get your beloved Google Maps working again.
Other Popular Articles From Wondershare
- Apps Keep Stopping
- 1. Make Instagram Work Properly
- 2. Fix App Has Stopped Error
- 3. Fixe Gmail Not Working on Android
- 4. Fixe Spotify Keeps Crashing
- 5. Fix Chrome Crashes on Android
- 6. Fix Snapchat has Stopped
- 7. Fix TouchWiz has stopped
- 8. Fix WhatsApp has stopped
- 9. Solve YouTube App Crashing
- 10. Fix Apps Keep Crashing on Android
- 11.Fix Android App Not Installed
- 12.Fix WhatsApp issues on Android
- 13.Fix App Won't Open on Android
- Google Services Crash
- 1. Uninstall Google Play Service
- 2. Fix Google Maps Not Working
- 3. Fix Google Services Has Stopped
- 4. Fix Google Services Won't Update
- 5. Fix Google Play Store Not Working
- 6. Fix Play Store Stuck on Downloading
- Android Services Fail
- 1. Fix Phone Keep Disconnecting
- 2. Fix Android SystemUI Has Stopped
- 3. Fix Process Acore Has Stopped
- 4. Fix Process Media Has Stopped
- 5. the .com.android.phone Has Stopped
- 6. Fix Android Not Receiving Texts
- 7. Fix Bluetooth Not Working
- 8. Fix Home Button Not Working
- 9. Fix SIM not provisioned MM#2 Error
- 10.Find Pokemon Go GPS Singal
- 11.Fix Phone Has Stopped on Samsung
- 12.Fix Settings Has Stopped on Android
- 13.Fix Video Not Playing on Android
- 14.Fix Wi-Fi Not Working on Android
- 15.Fix Contacts Has Stopped Error
- 16.Fix Android System Crash Issue
- 17.Fix Process System Isn't Responding
- 18.Fix Pokemon GPS Signal Not Found