5 Helpful Solutions to iPhone Purple Screen
It’s true to say that screen display is definitely the most important component of our modern smartphones. The reason is pretty obvious. It’s generally because the major functionality of our mobile devices depends on it. That’s why the visual detail and integral capability of the screen display must always be in prime condition. If it fails, we will surely get in big trouble.
In terms of screen display, we can’t deny that iPhones are indeed ahead of the game. It is equipped with certain display features that deliver pristine and seamless performance. However, there have been some complaints recently about the iPhone's purple screen. It’s basically a device issue that distorts the iPhone’s display by flashing a purple tint across the screen. Have you encountered the same problem? Don’t sweat it. There are many remedies you can try to have it fixed in no time.
In this article, we will talk about the potential reasons why your iPhone screen is purple. We will also provide some effective solutions that can help you a lot in this matter. Continue reading below to learn more.
Root Causes of the iPhone Purple Screen
Let’s say you’re snuggling on the couch and watching video clips on your iPhone. Everything seems fine until your iPhone screen turns purple. What does it mean? If it doesn’t return to its normal state after a few minutes, chances are your device is having some problems. There are many factors that often lead to such unfortunate events. We have listed some of them for you. Check out the list below.
Too much water exposure has damaged your iPhone.
It’s fair to say that iPhones can withstand water exposure within a certain period of time. If it goes beyond that, delicate components like the LCD might get compromised. That’s probably the reason why your iPhone screen is purple.
Some mobile applications are interfering with the performance of your iPhone.
It’s often the case if you download a suspicious app from unverified sources. Possibly, the application is carrying some software bugs that somehow affect the performance of your iPhone. The iPhone's purple screen can be the manifestation of the issue. Therefore, uninstall the app immediately if ever you experience the same issue.
The screen display of your iPhone has sustained physical damage.
Did your iPhone screen hit a hard surface or fall from a height? If so, it’s probably the reason why your iPhone screen is purple. The LCD or the delicate components beneath the screen have probably sustained substantial damage from the impact. Therefore, always take good care of your mobile devices to avoid this kind of problem.
Your iPhone is experiencing some software-related issues.
The operating system keeps our mobile devices up and running. If it’s not in great shape, the iPhone will certainly act up. That can be the cause of the purple glitch on your iPhone screen. Don’t worry. You may use a system repair tool to fix the issue quickly and easily. No need to have your iPhone serviced. Just download the software and let it work wonders.
5 Remedies to Fix the iPhone Purple Screen
The iPhone's purple screen is not new to us. There have been other screen issues before with similar effects and manifestations. Thankfully, the solutions for such problems are already there to help us in this situation. Listed below are some remedies you can try to fix the purple glitch on the iPhone screen.
Solution 1: Adjust the color filter settings on your iPhone.
It’s possible that the color filter setting of your iPhone gets altered without your knowledge. As a result, your iPhone screen turns purple. Don’t worry. It’s not a serious problem. You can easily fix it by recalibrating the color filter setting. Here’s how to do it in easy steps.
- Step 1: Go to Settings.
- Step 2: Click Accessibility.
- Step 3: Click Display & Text.
- Step 4: Find and click Color Filters.
- Step 5: Click Color Tint and then drag the Hue slider to your desired level.
Solution 2: Update your iOS to the latest version.
Maybe your iPhone screen is purple because you’re using an out-of-date iOS. It’s possibly the scenario if some functions of your device require a higher OS version. Therefore, it’s best to enable the automatic software update on your iPhone to avoid this kind of issue. Here’s how to do it in easy steps.
- Step 1: Go to Settings.
- Step 2: Click General.
- Step 3: Click Software Update.
- Step 4: Click Automatic Updates.
- Step 5: Toggle on the radio buttons next to the options under Automatically Install and Automatically Download.
Solution 3: Restart your iPhone.
It’s possible that your iPhone’s purple screen is just a minor glitch. That’s the case most of the time. Therefore, try to restart your iPhone first before you jump to conclusions. Here’s how to do it in easy steps.
- Step 1: For iPhone X or newer models, hold the Power and any of the two Volume buttons simultaneously. If you’re using an iPhone SE or older model, simply hold the Power button alone.
- Step 2: Drag the Power-off slider to the right. Wait until the screen turns completely black.
- Step 3: After a few minutes, turn on your iPhone again. Just press and hold the Power button until the Apple logo materializes on your screen.
Solution 4: Fix software issues using Wondershare Dr.Fone.
Software problems cause nothing but minor glitches most of the time. However, they can also trigger big problems like the iPhone's purple screen issue. Yes. It is definitely possible. Therefore, don’t hesitate to fix any phone irregularities as soon as you notice the early signs. Use Wondershare Dr.Fone to assist you. It has a potent iOS repair that can fix such issues quickly and easily. Here’s how to use it in easy steps.
- Step 1: Download Wondershare Dr.Fone from its official website. Install it on your computer.
- Step 2: Launch the newly installed Wondershare Dr.Fone on your desktop. Wait until it fully loads.
- Step 3: Access the left-side panel and then click Toolbox. Subsequently, head over to the main dashboard and then click System Repair.
- Step 4: Connect your iPhone to the computer using a data cable.
- Step 5: Click iPhone.
- Step 6: Wondershare Dr.Fone will display all the available options for system repair. From there, find and click iOS Repair.
- Step 7: Click Standard Repair.
- Step 8: To proceed, you need to put your iPhone into Recovery Mode. Click Trust on your iPhone. Then, click Enter Recovery Mode on your computer. Should you need further assistance, click Guide instead.
- Step 9: Wondershare Dr.Fone will then display some firmware available for your device. Select the perfect one that matches the specifications of your iPhone. Click the Download button next to it.
- Step 10: Wait while Wondershare Dr.Fone is downloading the selected firmware package.
- Step 11: When the new firmware package is finally ready, click Repair Now to install it.
- Step 12: Wondershare Dr.Fone will immediately start the iOS repair process. Refrain from using your iPhone and computer to avoid unnecessary interruptions.
- Step 13: A notice will be prompted after completing the entire process. From there, click Done to wrap it up.
Solution 5: Have your iPhone serviced.
If the root cause of the iPhone purple screen issue is physical damage, you need to have it serviced. Find the nearest Apple service center in your area and bring your device to the specialist. Don’t worry. They are trained enough to diagnose the issue on your iPhone and implement the necessary repair. But just a friendly reminder: back up your iPhone first to avoid unwanted data loss. Wondershare Dr.Fone can absolutely help you with that. Follow the step-by-step guide below.
- Step 1: Launch Wondershare Dr.Fone on your computer.
- Step 2: Connect your iPhone to the computer using a data cable.
- Step 3: Navigate the left-side panel and then click My Backup. Afterward, head over to the main dashboard and then click Back Up Now.
- Step 4: Wait while Wondershare Dr.Fone is creating a backup for your files. Don’t use your iPhone and computer while the process is ongoing.
- Step 5: Once done, click Open in Folder or View Backups to review your files.
Tips to Avoid Damaging the iPhone Screen Display
It’s no secret that the screen display of iPhones is highly advanced and exceptionally durable. However, don’t forget that you should still take good care of it. The iPhone purple screen issue is not a minor concern you can simply brush off. It can potentially lead to bigger problems that might affect your entire mobile experience. Hence, check out the preventive measures listed below and try to follow each of them.
- Use your iPhone with extra care. Avoid throwing it on any hard surfaces that might damage the integrity of its screen display. Be more gentle and mindful whenever you’re bringing your iPhone with you.
- Avoid soaking your iPhone in water beyond its limits. Just because your device is water resistant doesn’t mean you can submerge it underwater every chance you get. Keep in mind that iPhones have water exposure limits. Going beyond that might result in detrimental consequences.
- Consider using a screen guard or any protective material that can further safeguard your iPhone screen display.
Touchscreen technology has made our mobile phones more capable. That’s a fact we can’t deny. However, it also makes our devices more vulnerable to damage. That’s why the iPhone 11 broken purple screen and other similar problems have become rampant nowadays. But don’t worry. You can refer to the abovementioned solutions in case you experience the iPhone purple screen issue in the future. Moreover, download Wondershare Dr.Fone for easily accessible and readily available mobile solutions.
Other Popular Articles From Wondershare
- iPhone Hardware Problems
- iPhone Home Button Problems
- iPhone Keyboard Problems
- iPhone Headphone Problems
- iPhone Touch ID Not Working
- iPhone Overheating
- iPhone Flashlight Not Working
- iPhone Silent Switch Not Working
- iPhone Sim Not Supported
- iPhone Software Problems
- iPhone Passcode Not Working
- Google Maps Not Working
- iPhone Screenshot Not Working
- iPhone Vibrate Not Working
- Apps Disappeared From iPhone
- iPhone Emergency Alerts Not Working
- iPhone Battery Percentage Not Showing
- iPhone App Not Updating
- Google Calendar not Syncing
- Health App Not Tracking Steps
- iPhone Auto Lock Not Working
- iPhone Screen Recorder No Sound
- iPhone Battery Problems
- iPhone Media Problems
- iPhone Echo Problem
- iPhone Camera Black
- iPhone Won't Play Music
- iOS Video Bug
- iPhone Calling Problem
- iPhone Ringer Problem
- iPhone Camera Problem
- iPhone Front Camera Problem
- iPhone Not Ringing
- iPhone Not Sound
- iPhone Mail Problems
- Reset Voicemail Password
- iPhone Email Problems
- iPhone Email Disappeared
- iPhone Voicemail Not Working
- iPhone Can't get Mail connection
- Gmail Not Working
- Yahoo Mail Not Working
- iPhone Update Problems
- iPhone Stuck at the Apple Logo
- Software Update Failed
- iPhone Verifying Update
- Software Update Server Couldn't Be Contacted
- iOS update Problem
- iPhone Won't Update
- iPhone Connection/Network Problems