How to See Someone’s Location on iPhone
Locating someone’s iPhone may sound strange, but it can serve the purpose in various situations. For instance, you can quickly find the location of your teenage children to check whether they are involved in an untrusted environment or not. Or, you can track the location of your husband if you have concerns regarding his affair through his iPhone.
This article will address three methods for seeing someone’s location on iPhone accurately and within no time. Moreover, we will also recommend a third-party tool to fake your location to prevent others from tracking you.
Part 1: How to See Someone’s Location on iPhone using Find My iPhone
Find My iPhone is one of the popular apps to locate iPhones effectively. iPhone users utilize this app to navigate lost or stolen phones efficiently. Through this app, you can also learn how to check someone's location on iPhone through their iCloud. First, make sure to activate Find My Phone feature in the target’s iCloud settings. After that, you can easily see the targets’ location on your iPhone from your screen with a few clicks.
Steps to See Someone’s Location on iPhone through Find My iPhone
Step 1: Initiate activating the feature of Find My iPhone on the target’s phone. For this, navigate to the “Settings” of the target iPhone. Then find and click on the option of “iCloud," where you will see the feature "Find My iPhone." Next, turn on its toggle by tapping on it.
Step 2: Now, you are ready to locate the target's iPhone location anytime you wish. To do so, access the official website of iCloud and log in to the target’s iCloud account carefully.
Step 3: A new window will appear on your screen from where you click on the option "Find My iPhone." Now you can see all of the iOS devices attached to this account. Choose the device from the options you want to locate on the map.
Find My iPhone offers numerous other features that can help you to find lost or stolen phones effortlessly. Through this app, you can play a sound on your lost iPhone for 2 minutes, even if the iPhone is on silent mode. You can also get easy and clear directions through this app towards the exact location of your phone. Moreover, if your iPhone gets stolen, you can lock your device through a passcode and can erase all the data from it with a single click.
Part 2: How to Find Someone’s Location on iPhone via Find My Friends
Find My Friends is another helpful app through which you can track someone’s location easily. Your friends and family members can share their location through this app, and they can also start following your location simultaneously. Moreover, you can set location-based alarms in case you have to pick up someone from the school or airport.
Through this particular app, you can also try how to find someone’s location on iPhone efficiently. First, however, you should be remindful of the following two factors before locating someone’s location on iPhone through this app:
- The suitable users for locating someone’s location on iPhone are those who have an evident reach to the target’s iPhone and are also included in the contact list of that particular phone.
- Through this app, you cannot observe someone's location in an incognito mode as the target iPhone owner can easily check if someone is navigating their location once they open the Find My Friends app. Also, a notification will pop up on the target's iPhone regarding their shared location.
Steps on How to Track Someone’s iPhone via Find My Friends
Step 1: Install the "Find My Friends" app on the target's iPhone to start. Remember that the "Find My Friends" app is only available on iOS 12 or below. IOS 13 users need to install the "Find My" app to proceed.
Step 2: After installing the app on the target's phone, open it and tap on the contact picture to activate the toggle called "Share My Location."
Step 3: To begin sharing the location of the target's phone to your device, swipe up on your iPhone to use AirDrop and make your iPhone discoverable by clicking on "Everyone." Tap "Add" on the target device and then choose the option of "Share Indefinitely."
Step 4: You would receive a notification message asking for permission to accept the target's location and share your location on your iPhone. Tap on "Don't share" to locate the target's phone without sharing your location. Now on the Find My Friends app, you can easily see the location of the target's iPhone along with its contact icon.
Part 3: How to Check Someone’s Location on iPhone by iMessage
Another way to track someone's location on iPhone is through the iMessage app. This app enables the users to have internet-based conversations with their friends and family members and improves features. Also, all the messages are secured via end-to-end encryption for data privacy security. You can also share stickers and emojis through this special app.
iMessage has a hidden feature through which you can also know how to see someone’s location on iPhone. Thus, by using this app, you can easily reach the location of your target's phone.
Steps to Find Someone’s Location through iMessage
Step 1: Grab the target’s iPhone and click to open the iMessage app. Then find your contact name and start a conversation with yourself.
Step 2: Now tap on the contact icon and then click on the info icon from where you would see different options. Tap on "Share My Location" and set the time duration of location sharing. You can set the time for 1 hour, 24 hours, or indefinitely.
Step 3: On your iPhone, join the location sharing of the target's phone and do not permit to share your location. Thus, you can easily track the target's location on your iPhone via iMessage.
Part 4: Fake Location on iPhone to Avoid Others from Tracking You
You can effortlessly hide your current location to prevent others from tracking your location unnecessarily. To do so, use Dr.Fone – Virtual Location, which can easily fake your location so that nobody can access your exact location. Furthermore, with a single click, you can set your phone's GPS anywhere. Hence, you can travel across the globe without leaving your home via this excellent app.
1-Click Location Changer for both iOS and Android
- Teleport from one location to another across the world from the comfort of your home.
- With just a few selections on your computer, you can make members of your circle believe you’re anywhere you want.
- Stimulate and imitate movement and set the speed and stops you take along the way.
- Compatible with both iOS and Android systems.
- Work with location-based apps, like Pokemon Go, Snapchat, Instagram, Facebook, etc.
Ultimate Steps to Use Dr.Fone – Virtual Location
Step 1: Select Virtual Location
Start with launching the Dr.Fone tool on your computer and open the tool to click on "Virtual Location" on its home page.
Step 2: Connect your Phone
Now connect your phone to the computer and tap on the option “Get Started” on the computer’s screen. You can check your current location on the map on the new page. You can also click on the icon "Center on" to instantly see your current location on the map.
Step 3: Enable Teleport Mode
Now enable the teleport mode by tapping on its icon displayed on the upper right of the screen. Afterward, type the place you want to use a location on the search box and tap on the "Go" option. A pop-up box will display where you click on "Move Here" for confirmation. Now your location has been changed with the place you have selected before so that you can fake your current location.
Through this detailed guide, you can quickly learn how to quickly see someone’s location on iPhone. For diversity, we have discussed three reliable apps that can help you navigate someone's location accurately. However, if you want to fake your location to prevent others from tracking you, we have recommended Dr.Fone – Virtual Location tool, which works precisely in this scenario.
- iPhone News
- iPhone Activate
- iPhone Data Manage
- 1. Export Notes from iPhone to PC/Mac
- 2. iPhone Notes Duplicate
- 3. Print WhatsApp Messages on iPhone
- iPhone Diagnostics
- 1. Check iPhone Wi-Fi Speed
- 2. Check and Monitor iPhone Temprature
- 3. Put iPhone in Diagnostic Mode
- 4. Test iPhone Screens
- iPhone How-tos
- 1. Force Quit Frozen Apps
- 2. Find Own Phone Number
- 3. Find Blocked Numbers on iPhone
- 4. iPhone Internet Explorer Alternatives
- 5. Sync Thunderbird with iPhone
- 6. Things Can Do with iPhone on Plane
- 7. Tips for Using VLC for iPhone
- 8. iPhone Explorer for Mac and Windows
- 9. Use iPhone as Security Camera
- iPhone Location Tips
- 1. Change iPhone GPS Location
- 2. Hide iPhone/Android Location
- 3. PokeGo++ iPhone
- 4. Change Home Address on iPhone
- 5. See Someone's Location on iPhone
- 6. PGSharp for iPhone
- 7. Change App Store Country
- iPhone Track
- 1. Track iPhone by Phone Number
- 2. Track iPhone without App
- 3. Turn Off Tracking on iPhone
- 4. Spy on iPhone without Jailbreak
- iPhone Tricks
- 1. Unlink iPhones
- 2. Mirror iPhone/iPad to Windows PC
- 3. Turn On iPhone Without Home Button
- 4. Charge iPhone Without Charger
- 5. Free Unlimited Data on Verizon iPhone
- 6. Use iPhone with Broken Home Button
- 7. Use iPhone without Touch Screen
- 8. Remote Control iPhone from PC
- 9. iPhone Stuck on Apple Logo
- 10. DFU Tools for iPhone
- 11. iPhone/iTunes Error 4013
- 12. iPhone Front Camera Not Working
- 13. Download Songs on iPhone/iPod
- 14. Unlock iPhone without Passcode
- 15. Reset iPhone Without Apple ID
- 16. Transfer Photo from Android to iOS
- Find My iPhone Tips