How to Reset a Huawei Phone That Is Locked
“Looking for the best solutions on how to factory reset Huawei phone when locked?”
The need to reset a Huawei phone arises in several situations like forgetting the password, PIN, or pattern, purchasing a second-hand device that is locked, accidentally changing the password or setting a wrong one, and others. In all these and other similar situations, you would need to reset your Huawei phone and this can be done using different methods and tools.
In this article, we will discuss all these methods that can help you reset your device so that it can be accessed without any hassles.
- Part 1: Things You Should Be Aware of Before Resetting Huawei Phones
- Part 2: How to Reset Huawei Phone When Locked?
- Method 1: Reset Huawei using Google's Android Device Manager
- Method 2: Perform a Hard Reset on Huawei with Hardware Keys
- Method 3: An Efficient Alternative to Reset Locked Huawei Phone
- Part 3. How to Reset Huawei Phone at Normal Cases?
Part 1: Things You Should Be Aware of Before Resetting Huawei Phones
Before you start resetting your Huawei device through any of the methods, there are certain important things that should be considered and taken care of. Check them out as below.
- First of all, ensure that your Huawei phone is charged so that the battery does not go off in between and stop the ongoing process.
- Ensure to clear the cache on your Huawei phone.
- If your Huawei phone is not locked, make sure to take the backup of the device to prevent accidental loss of data. If the device is locked, ensure that from next time you keep taking the backup on regular basis.
Part 2: How to Reset Huawei Phone When Locked?
Once you have fulfilled the above mention pre-requisites, next comes the process of device resetting. If your Huawei phone is locked, there are different methods that can help you reset your device and the popular ones can be checked as below.
Method 1: Reset Huawei using Google's Android Device Manager
The Android Device Manager which is also known as Find My Phone is an excellent feature that is majorly used for locating the lost or the stolen phone. This feature also allows the users to unlock and reset their devices. The Android Device Manager can only function if you know the Google ID and password that was used for device initialization. The feature can be used to erase the device data and reset it.
Steps to reset Huawei phone using Google Android Device Manager
Step 1. On your PC browser, using your Google account, sign in to the Google Find My Device.
Step 2. The list of devices will appear on the screen, from which you need to choose the Huawei phone that you want to unlock and reset.
Step 3. Now, from the available options, click on ERASE DEVICE.
Step 4. Again, tap on ERASE DEVICE, and to continue you need to log in to your Google account.
With the completion of the above steps, your Huawei phone will reset.
Method 2: Perform a Hard Reset on Huawei with Hardware Keys
Hard reset which is also termed factory reset is a feature that will reset all the device settings and bring them to the factory setting status. While you perform the hard reset, all the data of your phone as well as the installed apps will also be deleted.
Steps to hard reset Huawei Phone
- Step 1. Firstly, using the Power button, turn off your Huawei phone.
- Step 2. Next, press and hold the Volume Up and Power button together for a few seconds.
- Step 3. In some time, the Recovery mode will load on the screen. From the menu, choose to Wipe data/factory reset using the Volume Up/Down buttons and the selected option can be confirmed using the Power button.
- Step 4. At the space provided, enter the word Yes and then click on the Wipe data/factory reset button.
- Step 5. Again, to confirm the hard reset, click on the Wipe data/factory reset button.
- Step 6. The process of hard resetting will start and when completed, click on Reboot system now for restarting the unlocked phone.
Method 3: An Efficient Alternative to Reset Locked Huawei Phone
If the above-listed methods do not work for any reason, we recommend using Dr. Fone-Screen Unlock (Android) as the best alternative. This is a Windows and Mac-based tool that can help bypass and remove all types of screen locks including PIN, passcode, pattern as well as a fingerprint. The software not only works with Huawei but all other popular Android devices including Samsung, LG, Oppo, and more.
The screen locks can be removed without worrying about data loss and the software is completely safe to use.
The Best Tool for factory reset Huawei Phone When Locked
- Work perfectly to reset your Huawei without a password.
- It’s the only solution available that works with both Windows and Mac to help you regain access to your device easily.
- Everybody can handle it without any technical background.
- Except for resetting, it also unlocks the locked Huawei if you are using a PIN, fingerprint, or other screen locks.
Steps on how to factory reset Huawei phone without password using Dr. Fone-Screen Unlock
Step 1. Download, install and launch the Dr.Fone software on your PC and from the main menu choose the Screen Unlock feature.
Step 2. Next, your Huawei phone needs to be connected to the system using a USB cable, and then from the interface choose Unlock Android Screen option.
Step 3. In the next step, you need to select the phone brand, model, and device from the supported list so that the correct recovery package can be downloaded.
Step 4. Now you need to get your phone into the Download mode and for this, the instructions are given at the software interface.
Step 5. As soon as the device enters the Download mode, the recovery package will start downloading.
Step 6. After the recovery package is successfully downloaded, click on Remove Now button.
Your Huawei device has been reset, and it can now be accessed without entering any password.
Part 3. How to Reset Huawei Phone at Normal Cases?
In normal situations, the Huawei phones can be reset using the settings menu or the Android Factory Reset code. Both these methods and their guide to getting the process done are listed below.
Reset Huawei phones through the Phone Settings menu
To unlock the screen and reset your Huawei phone, the settings menu of the device can be used. For this method, you do not need to make your device enter the recovery mode. The steps for the process are as follows.
- Step 1. On your Huawei phone, open the Settings app and look for the Backup and Reset option from the Personalization section.
- Step 2. Next, select Factory Data Reset Option.
- Step 3. Go through the on-screen details and then click on the Reset device button.
The steps above will reset your phone to the default factory settings.
Reset Huawei phones with factory reset code
There are Android Reset Codes for different brands of phones that can be used for resetting the device. These secret codes can be different phones as well as OS versions. In general, the code used for resetting Huawei phones is *#*#2846579#*#*.
Steps to reset Huawei phone using secret reset code
- Step 1. On your Huawei phone, go to the dialer and type the code- *#*#2846579#*#*.
- Step 2. From the menu, click on the Restore Factory option.
- Step 3. Finally, to confirm the resetting of the device click on the OK button.
The above methods can also be tried if you get stuck in a situation on how to factory reset Huawei tablets without password. Also, we recently covered a method of how to bypass the Google account on Huawei after a factory reset, we have now had the opportunity to test this with many people with different models of Android and have found mixed results.
The above given are multiple options that can be used for resetting your Huawei phone when you forget your device unlock password. Some of these solutions can be used for free and if they work, nothing like that. Dr.Fone – Screen Unlock (Android) is one of the best methods to reset your Huawei device as it supports removing all types of screen locks in a hassle-free manner.
Other Popular Articles From Wondershare
- Reset Android
- 1.1 Android Password Reset
- 1.2 Reset Gmail Password on Android
- 1.3 Hard Reset Huawei
- 1.4 Android Data Erase Software
- 1.5 Android Data Erase Apps
- 1.6 Restart Android
- 1.7 Soft Reset Android
- 1.8 Factory Reset Android
- 1.9 Reset LG Phone
- 1.10 Format Android Phone
- 1.11 Wipe Data/Factory Reset
- 1.12 Reset Android without Data Loss
- 1.13 Reset Tablet
- 1.14 Restart Android Without Power Button
- 1.15 Hard Reset Android Without Volume Buttons
- 1.16 Hard Reset Android Phone Using PC
- 1.17 Hard Reset Android Tablets
- 1.18 Reset Android Without Home Button
- Reset Samsung
- 2.1 Samsung Reset Code
- 2.2 Reset Samsung Account Password
- 2.3 Reset Samsung Account Password
- 2.4 Reset Samsung Galaxy S3
- 2.5 Reset Samsung Galaxy S4
- 2.6 Reset Samsung Tablet
- 2.7 Hard Reset Samsung
- 2.8 Reboot Samsung
- 2.9 Reset Samsung S6
- 2.10 Factory Reset Galaxy S5
- 2.11 Factory Reset Samsung Without Password
- 2.12 Factory Reset S9/S10 without Password
- 2.13 Factory Reset A12 without Password