How to Enable USB Debugging on Sony Xperia Phones?
Part 1. What is USB Debugging Mode?
If you use an Android phone and you've searched forums for solutions to problems, you've probably heard the term "USB Debugging" every once in a while. You may even have seen it while looking through your phone's settings. It sounds like a high-tech option, but it really isn't; it's quite simple and useful.
USB Debugging Mode is one thing that you cannot skip to know if you are an Android user. The primary function of this mode is to facilitate a connection between an Android device and a computer with Android SDK (Software Development Kit). So it can be enabled in Android after connecting the device directly to a computer via USB.
Part 2. Why I need to enable USB Debugging Mode?
USB Debugging grants you a level of access to your device. This level of access is important when you need system-level clearance, such as when coding a new app. It also gives you much more freedom of control over your device. For example, with Android SDK, you gain direct access to your phone through your computer and that allows you to do things or run terminal commands with ADB. These terminal commands can help you restore a bricked phone. You are also able to use some third-party tools to better manage your phone (for example, Wondershare TunesGo). So this mode is a useful tool for any adventurous Android owner.
Part 3. How to enable USB Debugging on Snoy Xperia?
Now, please follow these steps to debug your Sony Xperia phones.
- Step 1. From your Home screen and go to Settings.
- Step 2. Under Settings, scroll down and open About Phone.
- Step 3. Under About phone, find Build Number and tap several times on it.
After tapping several times on it, you will get a message on your screen that "you are now a developer". That's it, you have successfully enabled developer option on your Sony Xperia.
- Step 4: Back to Settings, you will see the Developer options menu, and select Developer options.
- Step 5: Slide the "USB debugging" to "On" and you're ready to use your device with developer tools.
- Step 6: Click USB debugging, you will see a messages "Allow USB Debugging" for allow a connection, click "OK".
- Sony Transfer
- 1. Transfer Files from Sony to Mac
- 2. Transfer Whatsapp from Sony to iOS
- 3. Transfer Contacts from Sony to iOS
- 4. Transfer Photos from Sony to Laptop
- 5. Transfer Music from Mac to Sony
- 6. Transfer WhatsApp from iOS to Sony
- Sony Unlock
- Sony Problems
- 1. Enable USB Debugging on Sony Xperia
- 2. Android App Not Installed Error
- 3. Black Screen of Death
- 4. Bricked Your Android Phone
- 5. Encryption Unsuccessful Error
- 6. Stuck at Android System Recovery
- 7. Android Phone Won't Turn On
- 9. Android Stuck on Boot Screen
- 10. Android.Process.Media Has Stopped
- 8. Flash Dead Android Phone
- 9. Google Play Services Won't Update
- 10. Settings Has Stopped on Android
- Sony Tips