How to Unlock Sony Xperia PIN Code/Pattern Lock/Password
I have forgotten the pattern, PIN, or password needed to unlock my Sony Xperia smartphone. What should I do?
If you have a Sony Xperia phone and have forgotten the screen unlock PIN code, pattern lock, or password, you can still access it using some tried and tested tricks and hacks. This article will discuss 4 different ways on how to unlock Sony Xperia smartphone. Some methods might work without erasing your data, while others, like factory resetting, may erase all content from your phone. Regardless of which method you use, you will be able to unlock your phone! So, let’s get started!
Unlock Sony Xperia with Google Account
Almost all Android smartphones, including Sony Xperia, require you to enter your Google account details when setting up your phone for the first time. This includes the email, password, and security question. These details come in handy later on in situations where your phone is lost or stolen or if you’re switching to another phone. However, they can also help with basic issues like unlocking your phone in case you forget your Sony Xperia screen unlock PIN, pattern, or password.
You can unlock your Sony Xperia phone with Google Account in the following two ways:
- Using Google account details
- Using Google security question
Using Google Account Details
Almost all Android smartphones, including Sony Xperia, require you to enter your Google account details when setting up your phone for the first time. This account comes in handy later on in situations where your phone is lost or stolen or if you’re switching to another phone. However, it can also help with basic issues like unlocking your phone in case you forget your Sony Xperia screen unlock PIN, pattern, or password. But to use this method successfully, you need to remember the email address bound to the device and its password.
Here's how to unlock the Sony Xperia pattern lock without losing data using your Google account:
- Step 1: Enter the incorrect PIN, pattern, or password 5 times, and click on “Forgot Password” or “Forgot Pattern.”
- Step 2: The interface will then ask you to enter your Google account details as an alternate option. Enter the Google account details you used when setting up your Sony Xperia phone.
- Step 3: This will unlock your phone. You can now reset the screen unlock PIN, password, or pattern.
If you don't remember your Google account details, you can still unlock your Sony Xperia phone using a third-party tool.
Using Security Question
Another way to unlock your Sony Xperia phone using Google us is by answering the security question. When we set up our Google account, we usually choose a security question and an answer. This comes in handy if you want to recover your Google account, reset the password, or if you want to unlock your phone's screen.
For the latter, here are the steps:
- Step 1: Enter the incorrect PIN or pattern to unlock your screen several times, till you see the “Forgot Pattern” or “Forgot Password” option. Click on it.
- Step 2: Now select the “Answer Security Question” option, and type in the answer.
- Step 3: Click on “Unlock” after which you will be asked if you want to set a new PIN or pattern. Select “Yes.”
- Step 4: Your Sony Xperia phone will be unlocked and you can set a new PIN or pattern for your screen.
Unlock Sony Xperia without PIN Code/Pattern/Password Using Lock Remove Tool
Another foolproof method on how to unlock Sony Xperia pattern lock is by using a lock removal tool like Dr.Fone - Screen Unlock (Android).
Dr.Fone - Screen Unlock is a screen unlock tool that can unlock your Sony Xperia phone if you forget its screen unlock PIN, password, or pattern in just 5 minutes. It has a simple operation that requires just a few clicks to unlock your phone screen. Plus, this method is reliable, secure, and has a high success rate. However, there’s a possibility that it might not work with older phone models.
Unlock Sony Xperia PIN Code/Pattern Lock/Password within Minutes
- Remove all Android screen locks (PIN/pattern/fingerprints/face ID) in minutes.
- Unlock 20,000+ models of Android phones & tablets.
- Everybody can handle it without any technical background.
- Save you from ending up with a locked phone after too many pattern attempts.
Here are the steps to unlock Sony phone using Dr.Fone - Screen Unlock (Android):
Step 1: Launch Dr.Fone on your PC, and select the “Screen Unlock” option from the main page.
Step 2: Connect your Sony Xperia phone to your PC with a USB cable. Now click on the “Unlock Android Screen” option.
Step 3: A drop-down menu will appear. Select your phone’s brand, i.e. Sony, and the model, i.e. Xperia, from the list.
Step 4: Now, power off your Sony Xperia phone. Hold power, home, and volume down buttons simultaneously, and then press the volume up button. This will enter your phone in “Download Mode.
Step 5: Once in download mode, your phone will start downloading the recovery program.
Step 6: Once the recovery program is successfully downloaded, a notification will pop up on your PC. Click “Remove Now” to remove the pattern lock.
Your phone is now unlocked and you can access it without entering a PIN, password, or pattern.
Now, if you don’t remember your Google account details and don’t have access to a PC to use a screen unlock tool, you can unlock Sony Xperia phone using the conventional way.
Unlock Sony Xperia by Hard Reset
Hard resetting your smartphones usually solves everything! Hence, it can also help you unlock your Sony Xperia phone; however, using this method will erase all the data on your phone. So, if you still want to unlock Sony Xperia phone using this method, only do so if you have backed up your device, and have no other way to unlock your phone. This includes forgetting your Google account details or not having access to a PC to download and use Dr Fone - Screen Unlock (Android).
Here are the steps for it:
- Step 1: Power off your Sony Xperia phone.
- Step 2: Press and hold the power and volume down button until the Sony screen appears.
- Step 3: The “System Recovery” menu will appear. Use the volume up and down button to scroll to the “Factory Reset” option. Use the power button to select this option.
- Step 4: Select “Yes” when asked for confirmation.
Your Sony Xperia phone will be hard reset, and all the locks will be removed. When you turn it on again, you will have to set it up like a new phone using your Google account details.
Unlock Sony Xperia With Google Find My Phone
Another way to unlock the Sony Xperia phone is via Google Find My Device feature. While this method can help unlock your phone, it erases all content from it.
For this method, you need a PC and your Google account details. Here are the steps for it:
Step 1: Open your browser and go to Google Find My Device on your PC.
Step 2: Log in to the Google account you used to set up your Sony Xperia phone.
Step 3: It will show you 3 options: Play Sound, Secure Device, and Erase Device.
And then select “Erase Device.”
Selecting this option will erase all content from your device, including screen unlock PIN, password, and pattern.
Step 4: Now you can access your phone without an unlock PIN or pattern, and set a new one.
Use this method only if your phone is backed up, so you can restore all your data later.
Forgetting your Sony Xperia screen unlock password, PIN, or pattern is quite common. For such instances, there are several methods that you can use to unlock your screen, 4 of which we have discussed in this article.
If you’re looking for ways that are time-effective and reliable, you can use your Google account or Dr Fone - Screen Unlock (Android) to unlock Sony Xperia and set a new screen lock. However, there are 2 other methods to unlock your phone, hard resetting it and using Google Find My Device feature. But with these methods, you can lose your data, so we only recommend using them if your device is backed up.
Therefore, the best method of unlocking your Sony Xperia screen is via Dr.Fone – Screen Unlock (Android), as it does not involve remembering your Google account details.
Other Popular Articles From Wondershare
- 1. Android Lock
- 1.1 Android Smart Lock
- 1.2 Android Pattern Lock
- 1.3 Unlocked Android Phones
- 1.4 Disable Lock Screen
- 1.5 Android Lock Screen Apps
- 1.6 Android Unlock Screen Apps
- 1.7 Unlock Android Screen without Google Account
- 1.8 Android Screen Widgets
- 1.9 Android Lock Screen Wallpaper
- 1.10 Unlock Android without PIN
- 1.11 Finger printer Lock for Android
- 1.12 Gesture Lock Screen
- 1.13 Fingerprint Lock Apps
- 1.14 Bypass Android Lock Screen Using Emergency Call
- 1.15 Android Device Manager Unlock
- 1.16 Swipe Screen to Unlock
- 1.17 Lock Apps with Fingerprint
- 1.18 Unlock Android Phone
- 1.19 Huawei Unlock Bootloader
- 1.20 Unlock Android With Broken Screen
- 1.21.Bypass Android Lock Screen
- 1.22 Reset A Locked Android Phone
- 1.23 Android Pattern Lock Remover
- 1.24 Locked out of Android Phone
- 1.25 Unlock Android Pattern without Reset
- 1.26 Pattern Lock Screen
- 1.27 Forgot Pattern Lock
- 1.28 Get Into A Locked Phone
- 1.29 Lock Screen Settings
- 1.30 Remove Xiaomi Patter Lock
- 1.31 Reset Motorola Phone that is Locked
- 2. Android Password
- 2.1 Hack Android Wifi Password
- 2.2 Reset Android Gmail Password
- 2.3 Show Wifi Password
- 2.4 Reset Android Password
- 2.5 Forgot Android Screen Password
- 2.6 Unlock Android Password Without Factory Reset
- 3.7 Forgot Huawei Password
- 3. Bypass Samsung FRP
- 1. Disable Factory Reset Protection (FRP) for Both iPhone and Android
- 2. Best Way to Bypass Google Account Verification After Reset
- 3. 9 FRP Bypass Tools to Bypass Google Account
- 4. Bypass Factory Reset on Android
- 5. Bypass Samsung Google Account Verification
- 6. Bypass Gmail Phone Verification
- 7. Solve Custom Binary Blocked