How to Transfer Non-Purchased Music from iPod to iTunes Easily
iTunes is the default program for accessing and transferring music, photos and other files for Apple devices. Similarly to other Apple devices, iPod relies on iTunes for its file transferring and backup as the default. Many of us have grown accustomed to syncing and accessing files on our iPod through iTunes over the years since iPod first entered the market many years ago. However, Apple doesn't allow us to transfer non-purchased music from iPod to iTunes library due to Apple's concerns of copyright infringement issue and their ability to generate profit from music and songs purchased from iTunes.
So if we stuff our iPods with songs we like and more importantly, for free, we will face with the problem of how to get non purchased songs from iPod to iTunes. Many people, like me, have asked the following question - How to get non-purchased songs from iPod to iTunes?
Well, there are two solutions for the music transfer. With our Dr.Fone - Phone Manager (iOS) iPod Transfer, you can now easily transfer non-purchased music from your iPod to iTunes.
Solution 1. Transfer Non-Purchased Music from iPod to iTunes with Dr.Fone - Phone Manager (iOS) iPod Transfer
Dr.Fone - Phone Manager (iOS) iPod Transfer is a perfect solution for the users who want to transfer non-purchased music from iPod to iTunes, and it enables users to finish the task in seconds. You can transfer music from iPod Shuffle, iPod Nano, iPod Classic and iPod Touch to iTunes fast.
Transfer Music from iPod to iTunes Easily
- Transfer, manage, export/import your music, photos, videos, contacts, SMS, Apps etc.
- Backup your music, photos, videos, contacts, SMS, Apps etc. to computer and restore them easily.
- Transfer music, photos, videos, contacts, messages, etc from one smartphone to another.
- Transfer media files between iOS devices and iTunes.
- Support all iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch models with any iOS versions.
How to Transfer Music from iPod to iTunes
Step 1 To transfer music from iPod to iTunes, simply download and install Dr.Fone - Phone Manager (iOS) iPod Transfer tool. Then connect Your iPod to Computer to transfer music. This iPod Transfer tool will automatically detect your iPod.
Here are two methods available: if you want to transfer all the music, we can choose both of the methods, but method 1 will be quicker; if you want to preview and transfer only part of music to iTunes, then we choose method 2
Method 1: Transfer All the Music from iPod to iTunes
Step 2 Click "Transfer Device Media to iTunes" icon on the main interface.
Step 3 Transfer Non-Purchased Music from iPod to iTunes
Then click "Start" on the next page to transfer music from iPod to iTunes.
All the files of the device will be scanned and will be visible under different categories like Music, Movies, Podcasts and others. By default, all types of files will be checked. In order to only transfer the music files, uncheck the other items and then click “Start”. Files will be successfully transferred to iTunes.
Method 2: Transfer Part of Music from iPod to iTunes
Click the “Music” tab, and then check square beside the songs to select the non-purchased songs you want to transfer, or you can transfer the whole music library from iPod to iTunes by checking the square beside Name. Then you can right-click the selected files and choose “Export to > Export to iTunes”.
Additional Features of Dr.Fone - Phone Manager (iOS) iPod Transfer
- Transfer your Music from your iOS Device You can now transfer your music from your iPhone, iPad or iPod back into your iTunes. Whether you lost your computer data or were given a device with preloaded music, Dr.Fone - Phone Manager (iOS) can move your music from your iOS device back into your iTunes library on your computer.
- Clean your Entire Music Library Dr.Fone - Phone Manager (iOS) automatically analyzes and cleans up your music library with one click. You can also manually tag your music, change album cover art, delete duplicates, or remove missing tracks. Your music collection is now beautifully organized.
- Manage iOS Devices without iTunes Manage, discover and share your music with Dr.Fone - Phone Manager (iOS). No more sync of iTunes. Dr.Fone - Phone Manager (iOS) frees your music, doing what iTunes can't.
- Use iTunes with Android iTunes and Android – together at last! Dr.Fone - Phone Manager (iOS) breaks down the barriers of iTunes and lets Androiders use iTunes just like an iOS device. Sync and transfer your iTunes library to your Android device easily with Dr.Fone - Phone Manager (iOS).
Solution 2. Manually Transfer Non-Purchased Music from iPod to iTunes
This is one of the methods that can help you to transfer non-purchased music from iPod to iTunes, and you only need your iPod, an iPod USB cable, and your computer to finish the task, but this method is a little complicated which is suitable to the technical guys.
Step 1 Connect Your iPod to Your Computer
Connect your iPod to computer with the USB cable. Your iPod should be able to show under ‘My Computer’ window as is shown below.
Step 2 Show Hidden Files and Folders
Click Tools in the menu bar of Windows explorer, and select Folder Option > View, then check "Show hidden hidden files and folders".
Step 3 Open iPod Folder
Double-click the iPod icon in My Computer to open it. Find the "iPod_Control" folder and open it.
Step 4 Copy Music Files
Find Music folder after opening the iPod_Control folder. Then copy the whole folder to computer.
Step 5 Add Music Files to iTunes Library
Start iTunes and click File > Add Folder to Library to add the music folder to your iTunes Music Library.
Step 6 Keep iTunes Media Folder Organized
After adding the music files to iTunes library, click Edit > Preferences > Advanced, and check "Keep iTunes Media Folder Organized".
Other Popular Articles From Wondershare
- Transfer to iPod
- Transfer Music from Computer to iPod
- Add Music to iPod Classic
- Transfer MP3 to iPod
- Transfer Music from Mac to iPod
- Transfer Music from iTunes to iPod Touch/Nano/shuffle
- Put Podcasts on iPod
- Transfer Music from iPod Nano to Computer
- Transfer Music from iPod touch to iTunes Mac
- Get Music off iPod
- Transfer Music from iPod to Mac
- Transfer from iPod
- Transfer Music from iPod Classic to Computer
- Transfer Music from iPod Nano to iTunes
- Transfer Music Between Windows Media Player and iPod
- Transfer Music from iPod to Flash Drive
- Transfer Non-Purchased Music from iPod to iTunes
- Transfer Music from Mac Formatted iPod to Windows
- Transfer iPod Music to Another MP3 Player
- Transfer Music from iPod shuffle to iTunes
- Transfer Music from iPod Classic to iTunes
- Transfer Photos from iPod touch to PC
- Put music on iPod shuffle
- Transfer Photos from PC to iPod touch
- Transfer Audiobooks to iPod
- Add Videos to iPod Nano
- Put Music on iPod
- Manage iPod