How to Transfer Music from iPod to USB Flash Drive
I have a 5th generation Nano. I have several song on it that are not on my itunes. How can I transfer these to a flash drive? Thanks.
Have you ever find yourself in a situation where you need a track or an album you had and due to either computer crash, iTunes installation, buying a new PC or phone loss; such a song or an album could no longer be found. What if it meant a great deal? It might be an evergreen track you love much or a song that lifts your heart when you feel down. Then transfering your music from iPod to a USB flash drive is an excellent idea.
Identifying that you need to transfer your music to a USB flash drive is excellent, however, it comes with a challenge; How do you transfer those music from your iPod to the USB flash drive? Here 2 solutions are provided for you to transfer music from iPod to USB flash drive. You get the step by step actions that will be of tremendous help but before we hit the nail of its head.
Note: It's almost the same steps to transfer music from iPhone/iPad/iPad mini to USB flash drive.
Solution 1. Copy Music from iPod to USB Flash Drive with dr.fone - Phone Manager (iOS)
With dr.fone - Phone Manager (iOS), you can not only copy music from iPod to USB Flash Drive directly, but also manage files and media on iPod and other Apple devices easily. You can export and copy music and also sync between different iOS devices without the need of iTunes. Music to iPod and iPhone can also be imported and you can create backups and even restore lost files and videos.
- dr.fone - Phone Manager (iOS) performs a thorough scan of your iPod to eliminate the chance of duplicated items in the music library. It matches up with existing songs so that only relevant songs are transferred from iPod to USB drive.
- The process of transfer of music does not miss out on song details. Information like play counts, ratings, ID3 tags and cover and album arts are synced and stored as they're along with your songs on the Flash drive. Apart from music, you can also copy entire playlists using dr.fone - Phone Manager (iOS). It retains the perfect audio quality as there is no loss during the copying.
- Many times we come across songs that we cannot add to our iPods as they are not compatible with iOS. The program solves this problem as features easy conversion of files to Apple supported formats. This way you can play them on any Apple device without any problems.
- You can transfer between various devices from your iPod with dr.fone - Phone Manager (iOS). You can copy as well as import music and videos and other files from PC or Mac to iPod and vice versa.
- You can connect multiple iOS devices at one time and directly transfer files between them without having to save it on a desktop first.
- Fully compatible with the latest iOS version
- Transfer, manage, export/import your music, photos, videos, contacts, SMS, Apps etc.
- Backup your music, photos, videos, contacts, SMS, Apps etc. to computer and restore them easily.
- Transfer music, photos, videos, contacts, messages, etc from one smartphone to another.
- Transfer media files between iOS devices and iTunes.
- Support all iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch models with any iOS versions.
Transfer Music from Computer to iPod/iPhone/iPad without iTunes
Now we will discuss the steps required to do the transfer. You have to download and install dr.fone - Phone Manager (iOS) on your desktop before you perform the steps below. There are two methods available to transfer music from iPod Shuffle, iPod Nano, iPod Classic and iPod Touch to
Step 1 Download dr.fone - Phone Manager (iOS) and install it on your desktop to begin.
Step 2 Now access dr.fone - Phone Manager (iOS) by launching it. Then connect your iPod with computer via the USB cord.
Step 3 Insert your USB drive into your desktop and wait for it to get detected under Removable Storage in MY Computer window.
Step 4 Click Music on the top of the interface and select the music which you want to tranfer to USB Flash Drive: "Export" > "Export to PC".
Step 5 Now browse for a destination folder or create a new one in your USB drive to save the songs. After that click on "OK". The music starts transferring and the export is completed within a few minutes.
Video Tutorial: How to Transfer Music from iPod to USB Flash Drive with dr.fone - Phone Manager (iOS)
Solution 2. Manually Transfer Music from iPod to USB Flash Drive
This is one of the methods that can help you to transfer your music from iPod to USB flash drive. It basically requires the iPod USB cable, your iPod and your personal computer.
Step 1 Connect your iPod to your computer
Using the cable that came with your iPod, connect your iPod to your computer. Your iPod should be able to show under ‘My Computer’ window, as is shown below.
Step 2 Connect your USB flash drive to your computer
Connect your USB flash Drive to your computer ensuring that the USB flash drive has enough space for the music you want to import.
Step 3 Display hidden files
Under tools, on windows explorer, choose ‘Tools’, then ‘Folder Options’ and then select ‘view’ in the pop-up dialog. Check ‘Display hidden files and folders’ in the drop-down menu.
Step 4 Copy the music files
When you click to open your iPod from ‘My Computer’ window, you should be able to find a folder called ‘iPod _ Control’.
When you open the folder by double clicking it, you will see all the music files that the iPod has. This is the folder that stores all the music that you sync to your iPod. It will also allow you to copy all the files through a simple copy and paste procedure. The music files are however randomly saved.
Step 5 Paste the music files to your USB flash drive .
Open the disk of USB flash drive, create a new folder or open an exiting folder, then paste the selected music. This will add all the selected music files to your USB flash drive.
- Transfer to iPod
- Transfer Music from Computer to iPod
- Add Music to iPod Classic
- Transfer MP3 to iPod
- Transfer Music from Mac to iPod
- Transfer Music from iTunes to iPod Touch/Nano/shuffle
- Put Podcasts on iPod
- Transfer Music from iPod Nano to Computer
- Transfer Music from iPod touch to iTunes Mac
- Get Music off iPod
- Transfer Music from iPod to Mac
- Transfer from iPod
- Transfer Music from iPod Classic to Computer
- Transfer Music from iPod Nano to iTunes
- Transfer Music Between Windows Media Player and iPod
- Transfer Music from iPod to Flash Drive
- Transfer Non-Purchased Music from iPod to iTunes
- Transfer Music from Mac Formatted iPod to Windows
- Transfer iPod Music to Another MP3 Player
- Transfer Music from iPod shuffle to iTunes
- Transfer Music from iPod Classic to iTunes
- Transfer Photos from iPod touch to PC
- Put music on iPod shuffle
- Transfer Photos from PC to iPod touch
- Transfer Audiobooks to iPod
- Add Videos to iPod Nano
- Put Music on iPod
- Manage iPod