How to Transfer Music from iMac to iPod (iPod touch/ nano/shuffle Included)
"I've just finished uploading all my CDs onto my new iMac. I now wish to download the contents of my iMac's iTunes library onto my iPod, without losing the songs that are already on the iPod. How can I achieve this?" - Great question and the answer is that with ease and only a little articulation you may be able to achieve it.
Just carefully follow the detailed steps as below and figure out how to transfer music from Mac to iPod. This has been quite a hectic task in the past but thanks to the great inventions and software of today's times, transferring music from Mac to iPod has become quite easy now. Described are the steps on how to even copy music from iPod without iTunes.
- Part 1. Transfer Music from Mac to iPod with iTunes
- Part 2. Transfer Music from Mac to iPod with dr.fone - Phone Manager (iOS)
- Part 3. Bonus Tip: How to Transfer Music from iPod to Mac with dr.fone - Phone Manager (iOS)
- Part 4. Video Tutorial: How to Transfer Music from Mac to iPod with dr.fone - Phone Manager (iOS)
To transfer songs to your iTunes music library from your iPod, first open iExplorer on your Mac or PC. Then, go ahead and connect your iPod with its USB cable to your computer. Once the device is connected, iTunes may prompt you to sync your device, cancel it. Here are the steps involved.
Step 1 Launch iTunes and check that it is up-to-date.
Step 2 Connect your iPod to your computer with the USB cable and locate your device.
Step 3 Select your device and click on it, tabs appear on the left side of the iTunes window under Settings.
Step 4 For those who may opt to sync their iPod devices, to turn on syncing, click the content type from the list under Settings, then click the box next to Sync. If there's a check in the box already, syncing is turned ON for that tab. To turn OFF syncing, uncheck the box.
This is one splendid software that gives you the ability to transfer music from Mac to iPod without iTunes. dr.fone - Phone Manager (iOS) for Mac has many features that come in handy when managing and also transferring data over your iOS devices.
You can also transfer music to iPod without iTunes for Mac. Detailed steps are given below for this task. Follow them carefully to successfully manage the transfer of music to iPod without iTunes and transfer music from Mac to iPod in no time.
But first, here is a quick look at some of the key features of Wondershare dr.fone - Phone Manager (iOS):
Transfer Music from Mac to iPod/iPhone/iPad without iTunes!
- Transfer, manage, export/import your music, photos, videos, contacts, SMS, Apps etc.
- Backup your music, photos, videos, contacts, SMS, Apps etc. to computer and restore them easily.
- Transfer music, photos, videos, contacts, messages, etc from one smartphone to another.
- Transfer media files between iOS devices and iTunes.
- Support all iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch models with any iOS versions.
Now, let's go over the steps involved in transferring music from Mac to iPod using dr.fone - Phone Manager (iOS) for Mac. They are very easy to follow and you shouldn't have any issues with it as all that it involves is transferring the music using the shortcut keys. Here's how to do that.
Step 1 Launch the Wondershare dr.fone - Phone Manager (iOS) app on your Mac to begin with.
Step 2 Now, connect your iPod to your Mac and the app's interface as shown below.
Step 3 Click "Music" and you will see "+Add".
Step 4 As soon as the button '+Add' is clicked, a popup as shown in the image below and now you can select the location where you save your music.
There you go, and that is how you transfer music from Mac to iPod using dr.fone - Phone Manager (iOS), with no hassles whatsoever and quite easily.
Now, dr.fone - Phone Manager (iOS) is a full 360 degree solution when it comes to managing music on your iPod, iPhone, and Mac. So, for all of you out there who are wondering about what if you wanted to transfer music from your iPod to your computer, I am going to explain the process in the simplest way possible.
Step 1 The first step is to launch the app Wondershare dr.fone - Phone Manager (iOS), and then connect your iPod to your computer (we have used an iPhone in the screenshot just as an example - it works the same way with all the other iOS devices as well). Once identified and connected, your iPod information will be displayed as in the screenshot below, and in place of the iPhone.
Step 2 Now, hit the tab Music. You should see the list of music available on your iPod now, as shown in the screenshot below. And right click to select "Export to Mac".
Step 3 A new window will pop up and you can select the music from Mac to iPod.
Step 4 Now, you are this close to transferring all your music on your iPod to your Mac, that too very easily. All that you have to do now is to click on the triangle under the 'Export to' button given on the top of the app interface. You will get a list of few options as shown below, since our attempt is to transfer the music to our computer, please go ahead and select the option of 'Export to My computer'.
Now, you can just relax and let Wondershare dr.fone - Phone Manager (iOS) do its job. In a few minutes, all the songs you selected will be transferred from your iPod to your Mac without any troubles.
By now, we hope that you have learnt the great many ways of transferring music from or to iPod and other devices, Mac and Win computers. If yes, then feel free to share your experience using these methods or processes that we have tried to explain in this blog post. You can leave us a comment as well.
- Transfer to iPod
- Transfer Music from Computer to iPod
- Add Music to iPod Classic
- Transfer MP3 to iPod
- Transfer Music from Mac to iPod
- Transfer Music from iTunes to iPod Touch/Nano/shuffle
- Put Podcasts on iPod
- Transfer Music from iPod Nano to Computer
- Transfer Music from iPod touch to iTunes Mac
- Get Music off iPod
- Transfer Music from iPod to Mac
- Transfer from iPod
- Transfer Music from iPod Classic to Computer
- Transfer Music from iPod Nano to iTunes
- Transfer Music Between Windows Media Player and iPod
- Transfer Music from iPod to Flash Drive
- Transfer Non-Purchased Music from iPod to iTunes
- Transfer Music from Mac Formatted iPod to Windows
- Transfer iPod Music to Another MP3 Player
- Transfer Music from iPod shuffle to iTunes
- Transfer Music from iPod Classic to iTunes
- Transfer Photos from iPod touch to PC
- Put music on iPod shuffle
- Transfer Photos from PC to iPod touch
- Transfer Audiobooks to iPod
- Add Videos to iPod Nano
- Put Music on iPod
- Manage iPod