5 Solutions to Reset iPod Touch [Fast & Effective]
“My iPod Touch is stuck and it can’t seem to function properly. Is there any solution to reset iPod Touch and fix its working?”
If you are also an iPod Touch user, then you might be undergoing a similar situation. A lot of iPod Touch users would like to reset their iOS device to troubleshoot a problem. Apart from that, you can also factory reset iPod Touch to restore its settings and delete its data as well. It doesn’t matter what your requirements are, you can easily meet them in this guide.
We will provide all kinds of solutions to soft reset, factory reset, and even hard reset your iPod Touch easily. Let’s get to know how to reset iPod Touch like a pro in different ways.
- Preparations Before Resetting iPod Touch
- Solution 1: How to Soft Reset iPod Touch
- Solution 2: How to Hard Reset iPod Touch
- Solution 3: One Click to reset iPod Touch to Factory Settings
- Solution 4: Reset iPod Touch to Factory Settings without iTunes
- Solution 5: Reset iPod Touch to Factory Settings via Recovery Mode
Preparations Before Resetting iPod Touch
Before you learn how to factory reset iPod Touch, there are certain preventive measures that you should take.
- Firstly, make sure that your iOS device is charged enough to complete the reset.
- Since the factory reset will erase its existing data, you are suggested to take a backup of your important files beforehand.
- If your iPod is not functioning in a proper way, then consider performing a soft or hard reset first. If nothing else would work, then factory reset iPod Touch instead.
- If you are connecting it to iTunes, make sure it has been updated beforehand.
- Make sure that you know the passcode of your device to factory reset it via its settings.
- If you wish to restore a previous backup after a reset, then you need to enter the Apple ID and password already linked to the device.
Solution 1: How to Soft Reset iPod Touch
This is the easiest solution to fix a minor issue with your iPod Touch. Ideally, a normal restart of the device is known as a “soft reset”. This is because it won’t cause any drastic change in your iPod or would erase any saved content. Therefore, you can soft reset your iPod Touch to resolve a minor issue and will not suffer from any data loss at the same time.
1. In order to soft reset an iPod Touch, press the Power key for a bit and release it.
2. As the Power slider would appear on the screen, swipe it to turn off your device.
3. Wait for a while and press the Power key again to restart your iPod Touch.
Solution 2: How to Hard Reset iPod Touch
If your iPod Touch has been stuck or is not responding, then you should take some drastic measures. One of the best ways to fix this is by doing a hard reset on iPod Touch. This would break the ongoing power cycle of your device and restarts it in the end. Since we would forcefully be restarting our iPod Touch, it is known as a “hard reset”. The good thing is that the hard reset of iPod Touch will also not cause any unwanted data loss.
1. To hard reset your iPod Touch, press and hold the Power (wake/sleep) key and the Home button at the same time.
2. Keep holding them for another ten seconds at least.
3. Let go of them when your iPod would vibrate and the Apple logo appears on the screen.
Solution 3: One Click to reset iPod Touch to Factory Settings
Sometimes, a mere soft or hard reset is not able to fix an iOS problem. Also, a lot of users simply need to delete the existing data on their device due to different reasons. In this case, you can take the assistance of Dr.Fone - Data Eraser (iOS). With a single click, the application will get rid of all kinds of saved data and settings from your iPod Touch. Therefore, if you are reselling your iPod, then you should take the assistance of this data removal tool. It features different data erasing algorithms so that the deleted content can’t be retrieved even with a data recovery tool.
Effective Solution to Factory Reset iPod touch
- With just one click, Dr.Fone - Data Eraser (iOS) can delete all kinds of data from your iPod Touch without any further recovery scope.
- It can get rid of your stored photos, videos, audios, documents, and every other kind of content in a hassle-free manner.
- Users can select the degree of the erasing algorithm. Ideally, the higher the degree, the harder it is to recover data.
- The tool also lets us compress the stored photos or transfer them to make more free space on the device.
- It can also be used to get rid of private and selective data. Using the private data eraser, you can first preview the content you wish to delete.
If you are running short on time, then use this complete data eraser to remove all sorts of stored content from iPod Touch. This will automatically restore it to the factory settings in no time. Here’s how to factory reset iPod using Dr.Fone - Data Eraser (iOS)
1. Connect your iPod Touch to the system and launch Dr.Fone toolkit on it. From its home, visit the “Erase” section.
2. In no time, your iPod Touch would automatically be detected by the application. Go to the “Erase All Data” section and start the process.
3. You can select a deletion mode from here. The higher the mode, the better the results would be. Though, if you have less time, then you can select a lower level.
4. Now, you need to enter the displayed key to confirm your choice, as the process will cause a permanent data deletion. Click on the “Erase Now” button once you are ready.
5. The application will erase all the stored data from your iPod Touch in the next few minutes. Just make sure that your iPod Touch stays connected to it during the entire process.
6. In the end, you will be notified that the erasing process has been completed. You can now safely remove your iPod Touch.
Solution 4: Reset iPod Touch to Factory Settings without iTunes
If you want, you can also factory reset iPod Touch without iTunes as well. Most of the people think that they need to use iTunes to order to reset iPod Touch, which is a misconception. If your iPod Touch is well-functioning, then you can just visit its settings to factory reset it. Needless to say, this will erase all the existing data and saved settings from your iOS device in the end.
1. In order to factory reset iPod Touch without iTunes, access the device, and unlock it first.
2. Now, go to its Settings > General > Reset. From the available options, tap on “Erase All Content and Settings”.
3. Confirm your choice by entering the passcode of your iPod Touch and wait for a while as your device would restart with factory settings.
Solution 5: Reset iPod Touch to Factory Settings via Recovery Mode
Lastly, if nothing else would seem to work, then you can also factory reset iPod Touch by booting it into recovery mode. When iPod Touch is in recovery and connected to iTunes, it lets us restore the entire device. This will reset it to factory settings and will erase all the saved data in the process. To learn how to reset iPod Touch using iTunes, you can follow these basic steps.
1. Firstly launch an updated version of iTunes on your system and turn off your iPod. You can press its Power key to do it.
2. Once your iPod Touch is switched off, hold the Home button on it and connect it to the system.
3. Keep holding the Home button for a few seconds and let it go when the connect-to-iTunes symbol would appear on the screen.
4. In no time, iTunes will automatically detect that your iOS device is in the recovery mode and would present the following option.
5. Click on the “Restore” button and confirm your choice as iTunes would factory reset the iPod.
No matter how you wish to reset iPod Touch, the guide must have helped you in every possible scenario. You can use its native features to soft reset, hard reset, or even factory reset iPod. Apart from that, there are readily available tools like Dr.Fone - Data Eraser (iOS) and iTunes that can also help you do the same. If you want to get positive results in less time, then simply give Dr.Fone - Data Eraser (iOS) a try. It can wipe off the entire device and reset iPod Touch with a single click. A user-friendly and highly efficient tool, it will certainly be of a great utility to you.
Master iOS Space
- Delete iOS apps
- Delete/resize iOS photos
- Factory reset iOS
- Reset iPod touch
- Reset iPad Air
- Factory reset iPad mini
- Reset disabled iPhone
- Factory reset iPhone X
- Factory reset iPhone 8
- Factory reset iPhone 7
- Factory reset iPhone 6
- Factory reset iPhone 5
- Reset iPhone 4
- Factory reset iPad 2
- Reset iPhone without Apple ID
- Delete iOS social app data