How to Migrate Android Data to New Android Phone?
While getting a brand new smartphone is certainly exciting, the process of phone migration is pretty tiresome. Too many times, users spend a lot of time and efforts to migrate Android to a new smartphone. If you wish to Android migrate to new phone without experiencing any data loss then you can take the assistance of a dedicated tool. There are plenty of ways to migrate Android to Android. In this guide, we will teach you how to migrate Android in three different ways.
Part 1: How to migrate Android using Google Drive?
Since Google Drive is already available on all the devices, it can readily be used to migrate Android to Android without much trouble. Firstly, you need to sync your data from the source device and later log-in to the same account to sync your new phone with the Drive. To perform phone migration using Google Drive, follow these steps:
1. To start with, go to Settings > Backup & Reset on the source device and turn on the option of “Backup my Data”.
2. Furthermore, you can select the kind of data you wish to sync with your Google Drive. You can simply turn on the feature for Automatic backup to make the most of the space on Google Drive.
3. Wait for a while as your device will backup its content on the Drive. You can even go to your account’s Drive to view the backup.
4. Now, in order to Android migrate to new phone, simply turn on the target device and proceed to perform its setup.
5. Agree to the terms and conditions and sign-in to your Google account. Make sure this is the same account that is linked to your source device.
6. As you would sign-in to the account, it will display a list of available backup files. Simply select the recent backup file.
7. Furthermore, you can pick the apps that you wish to restore from here or restore all content at once.
8. To migrate Android to Android, just click on the “Restore” button and move your data from your old to new device.
Part 2: How to migrate Android data using Dr.Fone - Phone Transfer?
One of the most secure and fastest ways to migrate Android device to another phone is by using Dr.Fone Switch. Compatible with all the major Android, iOS, and Windows devices, it can easily be used to perform phone migration between different platforms. The tool performs a direct phone to phone transfer. It can Android migrate to new phone all kinds of data like contacts, call logs, bookmarks, messages, photos, videos, music, and more. To migrate Android to Android with no data loss, perform these steps:
Dr.Fone - Phone Transfer
Migrate Android Data to New Android Phone in 1 Click.
- Easy, fast, and safe.
- Move data between devices with different operating systems, i.e iOS to Android.
- Supports iOS devices that run the latest iOS
- Transfer photos, text messages, contacts, notes, and many other file types.
- Supports over 8000+ Android devices. Works for all models of iPhone, iPad and iPod.
Click here to get Phone Transfer for PC by email
or Try our MobileTrans App on mobile >>>
1. Firstly, download Dr.Fone - Phone Transfer on your Windows PC or Mac from its official website. In order to perform Android phone migration, connect your old and new device to the system and wait for them to be detected.
2. Launch Dr.Fone toolkit and select the option of “Switch” from the welcome screen. Make sure that both the devices are connected to your system in a secure way.
3. This will provide the following interface. As you can see, Dr.Fone will intuitively detect the source and the target device. Though, you can click on the “Flip” button to interchange the position of the devices as well.
4. Select the kind of data you wish to move from the source to the destination device. You can even erase all the content on the target device by selecting the “Clear data before copy” option.
5. After selecting the type of data you wish to move, click on the “Start Transfer” button. This will initiate the phone migration process by moving your selected content to the target device.
6. Wait for a while as Dr.Fone will migrate Android device to any other phone. Don’t close this window or disconnect the device during this stage.
7. Once your Android migrate to new phone, you will be notified by displaying the following prompt.
That’s it! After following these steps, you would be able to migrate Android to Android easily. Just disconnect your devices safely and use them the way you like.
Part 3: How to migrate Android data manually?
By using Dr.Fone Switch or Google Drive, you would be able to perform phone migration in an effortless manner. Nevertheless, if there is no free space on your Drive and you wish to manually migrate Android, then you can also make it work. Following are certain ways to migrate Android to Android using different tools and techniques.
Contacts, Gmail, Fit Data, Play Store, etc.
To migrate Android device’s crucial content like its contacts, Google Fit data, Google Play Store data, Music data, etc. you can go to the respective Account and turn on the sync option. Later, you can use the same account and sync these files to the new device.
There are plenty of ways to move your messages from one device to another. Just download a reliable SMS Backup & Restore app from Google Play store and sync your messages. Install the app on the new device to complete phone migration.
SMS Backup & Restore Download URL: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.riteshsahu.SMSBackupRestore&hl=en
The smartest way to Android migrate to new phone your media files (like photos, videos, music, etc.) is by syncing them with Google Drive. If your Drive has limited free space, then you need to manually transfer this data. Connect your device to your system and open its storage. From here, you can manually copy the files having your media content and paste them to a safe location (or directly to the new device’s storage).
You can also move your important apps while performing phone migration. There are dedicated third-party solutions that you can use for this. For instance, Helium can help you move your important apps and app data from one device to another.
Helium Download URL: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.koushikdutta.backup&hl=en
Bookmarks and passwords
If you use Google Chrome to store your passwords and bookmarks, then you can also migrate Android this content. Just go to Google Settings on the device and turn on the option of “Smart Lock for Passwords”. In this way, you won’t have to enter your passwords over and over again.
As you can see, the manual phone migration method will consume a lot of time and effort of yours. Therefore, we recommend using Dr.Fone Switch to migrate Android to Android without any data loss. It is a highly secure and reliable tool that will let you migrate Android to any other platform without any hassle.
Click here to get Dr.Fone - Phone Transfer for PC by email
or Try our MobileTrans App on mobile >>
Other Popular Articles From Wondershare
- 1. Clone Tools & Methods
- 1 App Cloner
- 2 Clone Phone Number
- 3 Clone SIM Card
- 5 Duplicate SIM Card
- 6 Clone Cell Phone Text Messages
- 7 PhoneCopy Alternative
- 8 Clone Phone Without Touching It
- 9 Migrate Android
- 10 Phone Cloning Software
- 11 Cloneit
- 12 Clone Phone Without SIM Card
- 13 How to Clone an iPhone?
- 15 Huawei Phone Clone
- 16 How to Clone Phone?
- 17 Clone Android Phone
- 18 SIM Card Clone App