2 Ways to Import Contacts from Gmail to Android Easily
Have you switched to a new Android phone and want to know how to import contacts from Gmail to Android phone? Whether your old phone got broken or you just wanted a new device, importing contacts from Gmail to Android is essential. Because manually moving each contact is a tedious task that we all hate. If you want to skip that annoying manual transfer of individual contact, then we are happy to help. In this article we have brought to you the most effective ways with which you can effortlessly sync contacts from Gmail to Android.
To do this, you just need to go along this article to explore and import Google contacts to Android in a hassle free manner.
Part 1: How to sync contacts from Gmail to Android via phone settings?
We are going to explain how to sync contacts from Gmail to Android. For that you need to sign in to your Google account and allow auto sync between your Android and Gmail account.
Here is how you can import contacts from Google to Android –
- On your Android device browse to ‘Settings’. Open ‘Accounts and Sync’ and tap on ‘Google’.
- Choose your Gmail account you want your contacts synced to the Android device. Toggle the ‘Sync Contacts’ switch ‘ON’.
- Click on the ‘Sync now’ button and allow some time. All your Gmail and Android phone contacts will be synced now.
- Now, go to the ‘Contacts’ app on your Android phone. You can see the Google contacts right there.
Part 2: How to import contacts from Gmail to Android using dr.fone - Phone Manager?
The previous solution works fine for many users. But, at times issues such as the Gmail app sucks on ‘Getting your message’. You keep waiting to move ahead, but it doesn’t buzz. So, how to transfer contacts from Gmail to Android in such a situation? First you need to export contacts from Gmail to your computer. Later you can import the same to your Android mobile using dr.fone - Phone Manager (Android).
One Stop Solution to Import Contacts from Gmail to Android
- Transfer, manage, export/import your music, photos, videos, contacts, SMS, Apps etc.
- Backup your music, photos, videos, contacts, SMS, Apps etc. to computer and restore them easily.
- Transfer iTunes to Android (vice versa).
- Fully compatible with 3000+ Android devices (Android 2.2 - Android 8.0) from Samsung, LG, HTC, Huawei, Motorola, Sony etc.
Before learning how to import contacts from Google to Android, you need to know the way to export contacts from Gmail to computer in VCF format.
- Login to your Gmail account and tap ‘Contacts’. Select the desired contacts and click ‘Export contacts’.
- Under ‘Which contacts do you want to export?’ pick what you desire and choose VCF/vCard/CSV as the export format.
- Hit the ‘Export’ button to save the contacts as .VCF file on your PC.
Now, we will come to dr.fone - Phone Manager (Android) for continuing the process. It helps you export and import contacts between Android phones and computers. Not only contacts but also media files, apps, SMS etc. can also be transferred with this tool. You can also manage the files apart from importing and exporting them. Data transfer between iTunes and Android devices is possible with this software.
Step 1: Install dr.fone - Phone Manager (Android) on your computer. Launch the software and hit on "Phone Manager" tab.
Step 2: Get a USB cable to connect your Android phone. Enable ‘USB Debugging’ through the onscreen guide.
Step 3: Click on the top left corner of the window and select your device name. Click on the ‘Information’ tab successively.
Step 4: Now, get under ‘Contacts’ category, click on the ‘Import’ tab and select the from ‘VCard File’ option to select the contacts file from your computer. Confirm your actions and you’re done.
Now, the software will start to extraction of the VCF file and upload all the contacts contained in it to your Android phone. Once the process is complete, you can simply disconnect your device and check your newly added Gmail contacts from your Phonebook/People/Contacts app.
Part 3: Tips for fixing syncing Gmail contacts with Android issues
Usually, syncing your Gmail contacts with your Android mobile transfers all the contacts. But, there are situations that prevent the sync to get accomplished. Those situations may vary from a poor network connectivity or busy Google server. It might be the huge number of contacts taking more time to sync and times out in between.
We have compiled some tips that would help you fixing issues during import of contacts from Google to Android.
- Try turning off and restarting your Android mobile and attempt sync again.
- Ensure that you have activated Android Sync on your Android device. Browse ‘Settings’ and look for ‘Data usage’. Tap ‘Menu’ and check ‘Auto-sync data’ has been selected. Turn it off and then wait before turning it on.
- Enable background data by searching ‘Settings’ and then ‘Data Usage’. Tap ‘Menu’ and choose ‘Restrict background data’.
- Make sure ‘Google Contacts sync’ has been turned on. Visit ‘Settings’ and find ‘Accounts’. Tap on ‘Google’ and your active Google account on that device. Toggle it off and then on again.
- Remove the Google account and set it again on your device. Follow, ‘Settings’ and then ‘Accounts’. Pick ‘Google’ and then the Google account in use. Select the ‘Remove account’ option and repeat the setup procedure.
- Another solution is cleaning app data and cache for your Google Contacts. Visit ‘Settings’ and tap ‘Apps Manager’. Select all and hit ‘Contact Sync’, then tap ‘Clear cache and clear data’.
- Well! If nothing worked after repeated attempts. Don’t you think, it’s time for an ultimate solution? Move to dr.fone - Phone Manager (Android) and see these problems a thing of the past.
- Transfer From Android
- Transfer from Android to PC
- Transfer Pictures from Huawei to PC
- Transfer Pictures from LG to Computer
- Transfer Photos from Android to Computer
- Transfer Outlook Contacts from Android to computer
- Transfer from Android to Mac
- Transfer Photos from Android to Mac
- Transfer Data from Huawei to Mac
- Transfer Data from Sony to Mac
- Transfer Data from Motorola to Mac
- Sync Android with Mac OS X
- Apps for Android Transfer to Mac
- Data Transfer to Android
- Import CSV Contacts to Android
- Transfer Pictures from Computer to Android
- Transfer VCF to Android
- Transfer Music from Mac to Android
- Transfer Android SMS to Android
- Transfer Android Photos to Android
- Transfer Music to Android
- Transfer Data from Android to Android
- Transfer Files from PC to Android
- Transfer Files from Mac to Android
- Android File Transfer App
- Android File Transfer Alternative
- Android to Android Data Transfer Apps
- Android File Transfer Not Working
- Android File Transfer Mac Not Working
- Top Alternatives to Android File Transfer for Mac
- Android Manager
- Seldom-Known Android Tips