How To Transfer Photos from Android to USB?
Digital photos hold a special place in our hearts. They remind us of all the happy memories shared with our soulmate and kids, those awkward moments of life, people who come into our life like beautiful, and so much more.
Therefore, without a second thought, we want to keep all these memories locked and safe. While, you might consider getting the printed copies of these pictures, but it’s not impossible if you have thousands of these. Another option could be keeping your smartphone itself, but that is riskier, what if you broker your smartphone all your pictures will go away once for all.
You can store all your pictures on your laptop, but again if a virus sticks your laptop, the pictures will become hard to fetch. Now, coming to the best method to keep your memories safe, it is to put a USB device in your closet.
With this in mind, I guess the next thing you wonder is how to transfer photos from Android to USB, don’t you worry, we got that covered too with our step-by-step easy-to-implement tutorial, so without wasting any time, get on it:
Part 1: Transfer Photos from Android to USB by File Explorer
The most popular option from transfer photos from Android to USB is the file Explore. It is simply a program on Windows PC that aims to locate the files in the destination; it comes with a user-friendly UI that makes it easy to browse files, transfer, share or delete. So, let’s find how to transfer photos from Android to USB using File Explorer:
Step 1: Connect your Android smartphone to your PC via a USB cable.
Step 2: The next thing your device will prompt whether you want to “Transfer Files (MTP)” or Charging “Mode,” you need to select the form one to get started with moving photos from android phone to USB.
Step 3: Now, you need to open the Windows File Explorer on your personal computer.
Step 4: From the left panel, you got to select your Android device from which the photos have to be transferred.
Step 5: Browse and select the photos or the dedicated folders you wish to transfer to your PC.
Step 6: Choose Right-click > Copy or “Copy To” on the location you want to transfer and the sharing of the photos will be completed right away with the minimum of hassles.
Step 7: Now all the photos are your personal computer. In this step, remove your smartphone, which is connected to your computer system via the USB cable.
Step 8: In the eight-step, you have to connect your USB storage device to your computer, through one USB port, it’s straightforward.
Step 9: In this next step, go to the location where you have kept all the pictures, again Right-click > Copy or “Copy To” to the USB external device showing on the left panel. This would hardly take less than a minute from the transfer of the photos from the PC to your USB device.
Now, what if you want to know how to transfer photos to USB from Android? It’s really simple, first connect the USB device on which the pictures have been stored to your PC, then with the help of the USB cable you want to save all the data on the external device on your computer. Next, carefully eject the USB external device for safety.
After that, you have to connect your Android device to the PC via the USB cable. Now, move all the photos that you want on your Android device, again it will be done quickly thanks to the file explorer on our Windows PC.
Part 2: Transfer Photos from Android To USB in One Click
After going through the above tutorial, it is easy to deduce that the process of transferring photos from an android phone to a USB device using file explorer is one lengthy process with many steps involved. What if we say you complete the transfer in just one click, right away, and no hassle whatsoever.
The Dr.Fone software is a safe means to transfer data across smartphones and PC. It comes with a user-friendly interface, that makes it breezy-easy to complete the transfer even well before you know. And, the best part, this software is available for Windows and Mac PC. It works with most models of Android devices and its various versions. Now, coming to how to transfer pictures from android to USB device using the Dr.Fone software, here is the quick step-by-step guide, so let’s check out:
Transfer Data Between Android and Mac Seamlessly.
- Transfer files between Android and computer, including contacts, photos, music, SMS, and more.
- Manage, export/import your music, photos, videos, contacts, SMS, Apps etc.
- Transfer iTunes to Android (vice versa).
- Manage your Android device on a computer.
- Fully compatible with Android 8.0.
Step 1: Download the Dr.Fone software on your Windows PC from the official website, make sure you choose the windows, otherwise, you’ll only waste your precise time.
Once the software has been downloaded on your PC, the next step is to double-click the .exe file and install Dr.Fone like any other software; all this hardly takes five minutes. And, this is only for the first time, after that you can transfer photos without having to repeat these steps.
Step 2: The next step is to connect your Android device to your computer. Also, an external USB device to which you want the photos to be transferred.
Step 3: In this step, you’ve to launch the Dr.Fone software phone manager application on your PC. Then, the software will automatically recognize both devices.
Step 4: A special screen will come up, showing your Android device as illustrated in the below snapshot.’ from the top panel of the screen, choose photos.
Step 5: As you have chosen pictures, the dedicated screen for the pictures will come up. Select what you want to transfer, and from the top slider, export to the device(Export icon > "Export to Device".), as shown in the below snap. After that, your transfer will be complete in no time.
You can use this method to similarly transfer content from your PC to Android phone or USB external device.
It is a no-brainer that the file explorer is the preferred choice when it comes to transferring photos from Android to USB devices, but it sometimes gets tedious, as you might have so many photos to transfer. So, we recommended a tried and tested third-party software developed by Wondershare, Dr.Fone. Firstly, it is Free; you don't have to pay a penny to complete the transfer process. It is safe and secured with the most up-to-date security measures; this is why this software has grown rapidly in popularity in all parts of the world.
The interface of this software is really simple; even a technically challenged individual can do the transfer with great use. This software is available for Windows and Mac PC. It is fully compatible with Android 8.0. Not just photos, you can use Dr.Fone software to transfer photos, music, documents, and other stuff from Android smartphone to computer and vice versa. It is fully integrated with the iTunes library in just one click. Plus, the 24*7 email support is there for you, in case you have any questions or doubts with regards to using this software, you won't face a hard time with it.
- Android to Android
- 1. Transfer Files to Android
- 2. Transfer Pictures to Android
- 3. Transfer Contacts to Android
- 4. Data Transfer Apps to Switch Phone
- 5. Transfer Data to Android
- 6. Transfer Text Messages to Android
- 7. Transfer Music to Android
- 8. Transfer Contacts Using Bluetooth
- 9. Transfer Photos to New Android
- 10. Transfer Apps to Another Android
- 11.Migrate Data to New Android
- Android to iPad/iPod
- Android to iPhone
- 1. Transfer Files to iPhone 13
- 2. Transfer Contacts to iPhone 13
- 3. Transfer Music to iPhone
- 4. Transfer Contacts to iPhone
- 5. Android to iPhone Transfer Apps
- 6. Transfer Text Messages to iPhone
- 7. Transfer Photos to iPhone
- 8. Transfer Messages to iPhone 13
- 9. Transfer Contacts to iPhone XS/11
- 10. Transfer Messages to iPhone 12
- 11.Facetime for Android and iPhone
- Contacts Transfer
- 1. Sync Contacts to Gmail
- 2. Transfer Contacts from Outlook
- 3. Transfer Contacts to Outlook
- 4. Import Contacts from Excel
- 5. Export CSV Contacts for Android
- 6. Import Contacts to Android
- 7. Export Contacts to Android Phones
- 8. Merge Contacts in Phones
- iOS to Android
- 1. Transfer Files from iPad
- 2. Move Custom Ringtones from iPhone
- 3. Transfer Data from iPhone
- 4. Transfer Music from iPhone
- 5. Transfer Contacts from iPhone
- WhatsApp Transfer
- 1. Transfer WhatsApp from Android
- 2. Transfer Whatsapp Messages
- 3. Transfer WhatsApp Messages to PC
- 4. Transfer Messages to Android
- 5. Transfer WhatsApp Data to Android
- Transfer Tips
- 1. Android USB File Transfer Software
- 2. Android Apps to Transfer Files
- 3. Android Sync Managers
- 4. Android File Transfer Apps
- 5. Fix Transfer Files Not Working
- 6. Simplify Android File Transfer
- 7. Transfer Photos to USB
- 8. Transfer Data to BlackBerry
- 9. Transfer Data From ZTE
- 10. Transfer Data From Windows phone
- 11.Clone Phone and Copy Data