How to Restore WhatsApp Backup from Google Drive to iPhone
"How to restore WhatsApp backup from Google Drive to iPhone? "
If you are switching from an old Android to iPhone, then you might be asking this question too. These days, lots of people look for a direct solution to restore WhatsApp from an existing Google Drive backup to their iPhone. Sadly, the answer is no - as it is not possible to directly transfer WhatsApp from Google Drive to iPhone.
While you can easily transfer photos, videos, documents, etc. to iPhone, you might get stuck transferring WhatsApp data. Don’t worry – there are some smart solutions that can help you do the same. In this article, I will explain why you can’t restore WhatsApp backup directly and will further teach you how to do it in a step by step tutorial. Let’s proceed and get to know every essential piece of information about WhatsApp transfer.
Part 1: Why You Can’t Restore WhatsApp from Google Drive to an iPhone?
If you are a regular WhatsApp user, then you might already know that it lets us backup our chats on iCloud (for iPhone) or Google Drive (for Android). Ideally, you can backup WhatsApp chats on Google Drive on an Android and later restore it. In the same way, iPhone users can backup and restore their chats with iCloud. Though, we can’t back up WhatsApp data on Google Drive and later restore it on iPhone.
Firstly, the encryption methods used by Google Drive and iCloud are vastly different. Also, the provision to restore WhatsApp data on an iPhone is only supported for iCloud (and not Google Drive). Even if you sync your Google Drive with your iPhone, you won’t be able to restore WhatsApp data on it. To fix this, you need to use dedicated third-party tools that can extract WhatsApp chats and media files from Google Drive and would later move it to the iOS device storage.
Part 2: Creative Alternatives to Restore WhatsApp Backup from Google Drive to iPhone
Third-party software does a lot to transfer WhatsApp between different smartphones. We would gladly like to introduce you hassle-free and unique solution Dr.Fone - WhatsApp Transfer to restore WhatsApp backup from Google Drive to iPhone alternatively. Helping you to restore WhatsApp into iPhone from Google Drive after you restore WhatsApp to Android, this tool can be your great companion at this moment. It does a commendable job and is completely safe to use.
Transfer from Android to iPhone Directly
Firstly, you restore WhatsApp backup from Google Drive to Android.
- When you launch it, you will be prompted to feed your phone number. Make sure to enter the same phone number using which you earlier made a backup.
- Subsequently verify the number. After the verification is done, all you will witness is that WhatsApp will detect your Google Drive backup.
- When you see the ‘Backup found’ screen, simply proceed with clicking on ‘RESTORE’. Confirm the actions and continue restoring of your WhatsApp in Android device.
Then transfer from an Android to iPhone with Dr.Fone - WhatsApp Transfer:
- Launch Dr.Fone software on PC and run WhatsApp Transfer.
- Click on "Transfer WhatsApp Messages". Connect both Android and iPhone to the computer.
- Click on "Start Transfer" and wait until it completes the transfer.
When it transfers from Android to iPhone, Dr.Fone will prompt some instructions on the window. Follow the steps and operate as the image instruction says. Go "Next" after you've done the steps.
Backup Android's WhatsApp Messages and restore to an iPhone
People may ask if it's possible to copy WhatsApp messages from another Android backup to iPhone. Absolutely yes. Dr.Fone - WhatsApp Transfer gives entrance to backup Android devices on PC and restore in 1-click to iPhone. Here is a step by step instruction:
- Backup WhatsApp from Android to PC
- Launch Dr.Fone software on PC and run WhatsApp Transfer. Click on "Backup WhatsApp Messages".
- Connect your Android to the computer and back it up with Dr.Fone on the computer.
- It will back up Android WhatsApp to the local PC.
- Restore from Android backup to iPhone by Dr.Fone
- Click on "Restore WhatsApp messages to iOS devices". Select the previous backup you made just now.
- Connect your iPhone to the computer and restore WhatsApp to the phone. It will automatically start to restore after you click "Restore" button.
During the backup and restore process, remember to follow up on the prompt when Dr.Fone software pops up. Once you complete the steps as Dr.Fone mentions, move on to the next step.
Part 3: Traditional Solution to Export WhatsApp Txt from Android to iPhone
First, you need to restore WhatsApp messages to Android device from Google Drive backup. Before you put stress on the method more, we are going to make you aware that the traditional way merely restores WhatsApp chats with txt file extension from Android to iPhone. By this method, you're available to view WhatsApp chat on the iPhone. However, chats can't be open in WhatsApp.
Let us begin to understand the tutorial of how to export WhatsApp chat from Android to iPhone.
Email WhatsApp chats from Android to iPhone
- Open the chat or group conversation that you wish to email.
- Tap on the three vertical dots given on the top right of the chat.
- From the menu, pick out ‘More’ followed by ‘Export Chat’.
- From the next pop-up, choose the Gmail icon, and it will lead you to Gmail’s interface.
- Type in your Apple o iCloud mail account address, which is already configured in your iPhone. Lastly, tap on ‘Send’ button to email the selected chat.
If you have completed reading this article, let me know if the instructions that I mentioned were technical or not. I believe it was not that hard. Just try picking one of the methods that you like the most and let our audience know about your experience after you complete transferring the message.
- WhatsApp Backup
- Restore WhatsApp
- Restore WhatsApp from Google Drive to Android
- Restore WhatsApp from Google Drive to iPhone
- Restore iPhone WhatsApp
- Get Back WhatsApp
- How to Use GT WhatsApp Recovery
- Get Back WhatsApp Without Backup
- Best WhatsApp Recovery Apps
- Recover WhatsApp Online
- WhatsApp Tactics