Fast and Easy Ways To Send Large Files Through Outlook
Outlook is a personal information manager by Microsoft and is part of the Microsoft 365 Suite. While it is mostly used as an email app, it includes many other features. These features include a calendar, task management, contact management, note-taking, and journaling functionality. As an email app, it also allows users to send large files as attachments.
If you don't know how to send large files through Outlook, this article will help you. It includes many methods and tips to send large files in Outlook quickly and securely.
Part 1: How To Send Large Files in Outlook With Smart Solutions
Sending large files through Outlook can be difficult due to the size limitations of the attachments. With a maximum attachment limit of 20MB, it can be hard to send large files using Outlook. Below we have selected three easy solutions for you to send big files in Outlook:
Solution 1: Zip File Before Sending
The first method is to try and ZIP the file using reputable software. ZIP is a file format commonly used for compression and archiving. When you ZIP one or more files, the files are compressed into a single archive file with a zip extension. Since it reduces the size of files, it might take your file under 20MB. Here is how to zip and send large files using Outlook:
Step 1: Download and install ZIP software like WinRAR or 7-Zip on your computer and navigate to the file you want to send. Select all the files, right click and choose "Add to Archive."
Step 2: In the pop-up window, select "ZIP" as the format, name your zip file, and fill in other details. Afterward, click "OK" to create a zip file. Now move to Outlook and create a new email.
Step 3: Here, use the "Attach File" button from the top bar to select and upload the newly created ZIP file as an attachment. After adding the recipient's details, you can hit the send button.
Solution 2: Compress the File Before Sending
While using the ZIP format for compressing the files helps reduce their sizes, it doesn't always work. Especially in the case of high-quality files like videos, it rarely makes a significant size reduction. Thus, you would need to compress such files using other techniques. To elaborate, ZIP files are compressed, but not all compressed files have ZIP format. Use the following steps for how to send large files via Outlook:
Step 1: Install Wondershare UniConverter on your computer and launch it. Now, select "Compressor" from the main screen and import the videos you want to transfer on the next screen by pressing the "Add" button.
Step 2: Now define the quality of compressed files and select the size for the compressed file. You can choose between 30% to 90% of the original file. Afterward, click "Compress" to start the compression.
Step 3: When the files are compressed to the desired task, open Outlook and create a new email. Here attach the files as attachments and send them to the targeted users.
Solution 3: Send Through Google Drive
If compressing the file hasn't reduced the size enough, you can use Google Drive as a medium. It is Google's cloud storage service, where you can store and back up your data. Google Drive offers 15GB of free storage, which you can use to upload large files and share their links through Outlook. Learn how to send big files in Outlook via Google Drive using these steps:
Step 1: Open Google Drive in your browser and click "+New," and select "File Upload" or "Folder Upload" to upload your files to the drive. You can also create a folder in the drive and upload files there.
Step 2: Once the file/folder is uploaded, click the "Three Dots" and select "Share." Here, you can define the permission for the people you are going to send the files. You can either use direct emails to add specific people or try "General Access."
Step 3: After deciding on the user access, tap "Copy Link" to get the link. Now, move to Outlook and create a new email there. Here, paste the copied link from Google Drive and send the email to the targeted people.
Part 2: Pro Tips To Send Large Files in Outlook With a Faster Speed
Sharing large files over email apps like Outlook is not easy due to low file size limits. However, it doesn't mean that there is no workaround. Using suitable third-party services, you can easily find a workaround for most restrictions. These are a few tips on how to send large files through Outlook at a faster speed:
- Compress Files:It is always better to compress your files before attaching them to an email. Not only is it more secure, but it also makes it easier to upload and download files. For this purpose, various compressing software are available online to help you out.
- Right Format:Choosing the right format, especially when compressing files, is really important. Many formats are not compression friendly, as compressing them won't make a difference in size. You should use compression-friendly file formats, for example, JPG, PNG, or TIFF for images and MP4, AVI, or MKV for videos.
- Cloud Storage:Using a cloud storage service is another workaround you can do to send large files through email. All you need to do is upload the targeted files to a cloud storage service like Google Drive, OneDrive, etc., and share the link through Outlook.
- File Transfer Service:There are also many file transfer services available that you can use to send large files through Outlook. These services allow you to upload files that you can share with others through a link or email.
Part 3: Alternative Method: Share Large Files With a Powerful Software
While there are many methods to send large files using Outlook, most have major restrictions regarding file sizes or the number of times you can transfer files. To remove these restrictions, you will need to pay a hefty cost. That's why we have selected a powerful tool called Wondershare Dr.Fone to share large files in a matter of minutes.
Using this tool, you can share files without any size restrictions. Moreover, you can share files whenever you want with just one click. It includes many file transfer features, a few of whom are discussed below:
- Export All:You can transfer all of the from your smartphone to the computer with one click. It allows you to transfer data like videos, photos, documents, apps, messages, etc. The data transfer is unlimited and can be done as often as you want.
- Quick Transfer:For transferring files from your computer to your phone, you can use the quick transfer feature. It allows you simply drag and drop the desired files and transfer them to your phone. Moreover, the transfer process gets completed within seconds when using this tool.
- Phone Transfer:There is no more powerful tool for phone transfer than Dr.Fone. It supports over 8000 devices for phone transfer. Using this tool, you can quickly transfer all types of data from your phone to another. The process is also completely secure and safe, with no data loss.
- Backup Phone Data:If you want to switch devices, Dr.Fone is the best tool as it allows you to back up your data to your system and restore it on the new device. There is no platform restriction when it comes to creating and restoring phone data backups.
In conclusion, Outlook is a great tool. With it, you can send and receive emails, manage your calendar, and schedule appointments and meetings. Moreover, it also allows you to set reminders and tasks, store and organize contact information, and even create notes and journals. Users have also used Outlook to send large files via emails.
However, file size limitations and the need for powerful internet are the major difficulties users face when sending large files. That's why the best answer to how to send large files through Outlook is Dr.Fone. It is the best tool for sharing unlimited files with no size limitations.
- Get Data from Android
- Transfer from Android to Android
- Transfer from Android to BlackBerry
- Import/Export Contacts to and from Android Phones
- Transfer Apps from Android
- Transfer from Andriod to Nokia
- Android to iOS Transfer
- Transfer from Andoid to iPhone
- Transfer from Samsung to iPhone
- Samsung to iPhone Transfer Tool
- Transfer from Sony to iPhone
- Transfer from Motorola to iPhone
- Transfer from Huawei to iPhone
- Transfer from Android to iPod
- Transfer Photos from Android to iPhone
- Transfer from Android to iPad
- Transfer videos from Android to iPad
- Get Data from Samsung
- Transfer Data to Samsung
- Transfer from Sony to Samsung
- Transfer from Motorola to Samsung
- Samsung Switch Alternative
- Samsung File Transfer Software
- LG Transfer
- Transfer from Samsung to LG
- Transfer from LG to Android
- Transfer from LG to iPhone
- Transfer Pictures From LG Phone to Computer
- Mac to Android Transfer