How to Add More Value to Your iPhone 6 Before Selling it
If you want to upgrade your iPhone and get one of the newer models, you can sell your current device to get some extra cash or store credit. You might not know this, but even the old iPhone 6 second-hand can fetch you good money if it is in good condition. However, it is an eight-year-old smartphone that does not have any advanced features, so selling it at a good price will require some effort. You don't have to worry because this article has all the information you need to put your used iPhone 6 on sale.
- Part 1: About iPhone 6 Series?
- Part 2: Checklist Before Selling Your Old iPhone 6 Series
- Part 3: Tips to Get a High-Resale Price for Your Old iPhone 6 Series
- 1: Keep the Box and Accessories
- 2: Thoroughly Clean your Old iPhone
- 3: Take Good Pictures of Your Old iPhone To Sell
- 4: Select a Good Place to Sell Your Old iPhone
- 5: Repairs Can Increase the Value of Your Old iPhone
Part 1: About iPhone 6 Series?
1: iPhone 6 vs. 6s, 6 Plus, 6s Plus
Apple launched the iPhone 6 series back in 2014 and made a huge impact on the smartphone market by introducing four new smartphones. The iPhone 6s Plus stood out in the iPhone 6 series as the flagship device. It had every feature that you could expect from a flagship smartphone at that time, but the phone is now outdated with no actual value or resale because lots of other brands are offering cheaper devices with more features.
The iPhone 6 and 6s are quite similar with the same display size. They also offer the same battery backup. The iPhone 6s has a better camera and more storage. If you know the specs of your iPhone 6s second-hand, you can easily figure out its worth. The two remaining iPhones, 6 Plus and 6s Plus, are also the same in size and battery backup. Only the 6s Plus has an extra 1 GB RAM and a better camera.
2: How Much is Your Used iPhone 6 Series Worth?
When you try to sell your iPhone 6 second-hand, the first thing to do is to evaluate your device and figure out its market value. Most people don't have much about how to estimate your phone's value by looking at its condition and features. Therefore, we decided to make things easier for you by giving you a reference for how much you can sell your iPhone 6 to a company online. Even if you don't plan to sell your iPhone 6 to a company, you need to get an estimate to ensure that you don't ask for less or more amount than its standard market price. Here is the market value of used iPhone 6 series phones.
- A carrier-unlocked iPhone 6s will fetch you 10 dollars at decluttr.
- An iPhone 6s Plus with 128 memory will sell for 11 dollars at gazelle.
- An iPhone 6Plus in mint condition can sell for 6 dollars at Gadget Gone.
Here are some of the factors that affect the value of a used iPhone. If you have an unlocked phone, then you can sell it for more compared to a carrier-locked device. The brand name and model also matter a lot. Suppose you have an iPhone 6s Plus in perfect condition, and someone has an iPhone 6 in perfect condition; you will get more value. Before you put your iPhone 6s second-hand for sale, make sure to check its condition.
Part 2: Checklist Before Selling Your Old iPhone 6 Series
Here is a list of some things that you should check before selling your iPhone 6s Plus second-hand someone or trading it in with a company. This checklist is not to increase the value of your device or to get it sold faster. But if you value your privacy and data security, you should follow our guide.
- You need to unpair all devices with your iPhone, including the Apple Watch.
- Make sure to create a device backup so you can easily retrieve all your data in your new device.
- Some people get the AppleCare Plan with their iPhones. If you also have one, cancel it.
- Now, you need to sign out from all your accounts like iTunes, iCloud, and App Store. You will need your Apple id and password to complete this step.
- If you are not going to buy a newer iPhone device after selling your iPhone 16, deregister from the iMessage services.
- If your country has an Apple Store, you don't need to do anything extra. Just take your device to the Apple store and trade it in for credit to buy your new device. The experts at the stores will help you transfer devices without erasing data.
- If the Apple store is not available in your area, erase all data from the transfer or reset option in the settings. Enter your passcode for confirmation to complete the task.
- If your phone is network locked, you must contact your carrier and get the services transferred to the new owner of your device.
Although you can erase all data from settings in your iPhone but with certain means, it is not impossible to retrieve the data. If you care about your privacy and don't want others to have access to your data, you need to find a way to permanently delete it. The easiest way to do it is by using an expert tool like the Dr.Fone - Data Eraser. It is a fast and safe tool with a user-friendly interface and many features that make it the one-stop solution for smartphone issues. Before you put your iPhone 6 second-hand for sale, run it through Dr.Fone - Data Eraser to remove all of your data permanently.
Dr.Fone - Data Eraser guarantees that no one can recover the erased data. After the program deletes your phone's data, it overwrites it with junk files that no one can trace. If you ever forget your phone's password, you can easily unlock it within five minutes using Dr.Fone. You can also change your location using the virtual location features and transfer WhatsApp with one click. Here are the steps to use Dr.Fone - Data Eraser to erase all data from your iPhone.
STEP 1: Download Dr.Fone on your PC. Install and launch the application, and select the "Data Eraser" tab on the main screen.
STEP 2: Use a USB cable to connect your iPhone to the computer. Select the "Erase All Data" option on the left tab and click on the "Start" button.
STEP 3: Next, set the security level of your choice. The higher the level your choose, the more security you will get, and it will also take more time to erase all data from your device safely. You can read further descriptions of each security level on your computer screen.
STEP 4: Once you set the security level, you need to type the code on your computer for confirmation. Don't use the copy/paste command to do this to avoid any issues.
STEP 5: Now, you can only wait for the process to end. If you want to know how much time it will take, you can check the completion progress on your computer screen.
STEP 6: Once Dr.Fone erases all your data successfully, you only need to reboot your device. Don't do anything to your phone. Just click on the "OK" option, and the system will automatically start the reboot.
Part 3: Tips to Get a High-Resale Price for Your Old iPhone 6 Series
If you think that your iPhone 16 is too old to give you any resale value, you can use the listed things to get the best deal on your device. Make sure to prepare these things before you put your iPhone 6 Plus second-hand for sale.
1: Keep the Box and Accessories
Selling a phone without anything and selling a phone with its included accessories and box are two different things. You won't find many things in phone boxes nowadays, but at that time, each smartphone came with its charger, handphone set, and other accessories. If you have the box and accessories with you, you can easily increase the price of your device. You know that the iPhone 6 series is outdated with no exciting features. The trade-in value of the iPhone 6s Plus is not going to satisfy you if you just sell it without its box and accessories. But, if you factor in the box and other things, It will get a better deal.
2: Thoroughly Clean your Old iPhone
Smartphones are devices that we use the most for the better part of our everyday routine. It is common for a smartphone to get dirty even after little use. You can clear all the dust with one wipe, but what about the dust that enters your phone through the headphone jack, charging port, and speakers? So, before you set out to put your 2nd hand iPhone 6 for sale, you should thoroughly clean it. If your screen protector is too dirty, apply a new one.
3: Take Good Pictures of Your Old iPhone To Sell
Taking good pictures of your iPhone 6 that can attract buyer online also contribute to getting a better deal. If you have an iPhone 6 in brand-new condition, you can sell it for a good price. But, if you take its pictures with a bad camera under bad lighting, it will not look good on the internet, and people will either not like it or just offer you a cheap deal. Bad pictures can drop the resale value of your iPhone 6s.
4: Select a Good Place to Sell Your Old iPhone
If you want a good deal, you need to find the best place to sell your iPhone. The place here does not mean a physical piece of land but a great and certified website that can help you sell your iPhone at the best price. Your best choice is to get 2nd hand iPhone 6s appraised at any online iPhone sale and purchase store and then figure out what to do next.
5: Repairs Can Increase the Value of Your Old iPhone
If your iPhone 6 has any software issues, fixing them can add to its worth. Software repairs can get quite tricky if you don't know the problem source. Instead of troubleshooting the problem, using Dr.Fone - System Repair can repair all software-related issues in your iPhone 6 with a few clicks. Dr.Fone can fix more than a hundred and fifty system issues. If you are stuck at the Apple logo boot loop or your apps keep crashing, doing a system repair with Dr.Fone can remove all of these issues. It can fix different Apple errors that keep popping up every now and then.
Part 4: How to Package and Send Your Old iPhone 6 Series?
Follow these steps to easily pack and ship your iPhone 6 second-hand to someone.
1: Packing Your iPhone
- You need a small box or a padded envelope that can easily house your iPhone 6 with space to spare.
- Before putting the phone inside the box, cover it with two layers of bubble wrap to keep it safe from any impact.
- After that, you are ready to send your package to the shipment company.
2: Shipping Your iPhone
- Now, you have to pick a package carrier. You can choose FedEx for safe and fast shipping, but it will cost you more.
- You can pick UPS if you want a reliable carrier that you can easily afford, or you can select USPS, which is safe and costs you the least.
- Put on a surface transportation label and also Affix postage.
- You don't have to remove the phone's battery, and make sure to turn off the Find My Device feature before shipping your iPhone.
Let's conclude our guide on how to sell a second-hand iPhone 6 here. Before you sell your phone, you need to erase all its data and estimate its worth from multiple platforms. After that, you need to find a place where you want to sell your phone and wait for a buyer to contact you. You can use Dr.Fone - Data Eraser to permanently erase everything from your phone with one click. Its System Repair features can also help you repair software issues yourself.
You Might Also Like
Other Popular Articles From Wondershare
- 1. Wipe iPhone
- 1.1 Permanently Wipe iPhone
- 1.2 Wipe iPhone Before Selling
- 1.3 Format iPhone
- 1.4 Wipe iPad Before Selling
- 1.5 Remote Wipe iPhone
- 2. Delete iPhone
- 2.1 Delete iPhone Call History
- 2.2 Delete iPhone Calendar
- 2.3 Delete iPhone History
- 2.4 Delete iPad Emails
- 2.5 Permanently Delete iPhone Messages
- 2.6 Permanently Delete iPad History
- 2.7 Delete iPhone Voicemail
- 2.8 Delete iPhone Contacts
- 2.9 Delete iPhone Photos
- 2.10 Delete iMessages
- 2.11 Delete Music from iPhone
- 2.12 Delete iPhone Apps
- 2.13 Delete iPhone Bookmarks
- 2.14 Delete iPhone Other Data
- 2.15 Delete iPhone Documents & Data
- 2.16 Delete Movies from iPad
- 3. Erase iPhone
- 3.1 Erase All Content and Settings
- 3.2 Erase iPad Before Selling
- 3.3 Best iPhone Data Erase Software
- 4. Clear iPhone
- 4.3 Clear iPod touch
- 4.4 Clear Cookies on iPhone
- 4.5 Clear iPhone Cache
- 4.6 Top iPhone Cleaners
- 4.7 Free Up iPhone Storage
- 4.8 Delete Email Accounts on iPhone
- 4.9 Speed Up iPhone
- 5. Clear/Wipe Android