[Solved] 10 Proven Fixes for iPhone No Sound on Calls
Smartphones have been an effective invention that essentially made phone calls easier. People started getting a source to contact their loved ones in an efficient way. To improve this feature, smartphone developers intend to make their devices better and more sustainable. Apple iPhone is a state-of-the-art smartphone that has provided exceptional services, including featuring an exclusive phone call facility.
But people still have reported multiple problems involving iPhone no sound on calls. To resolve this problem, this article goes through potential solutions that can be implemented to recover your iPhone sound not working on calls.
- Part 1: Why Does My iPhone has No Sound on Calls
- Part 2: 10 Proven Fixes for iPhone No Sound on Calls
- Use Advanced Tool to Fix iPhone No Sound on Calls
- Raise the Audio Level
- Remove Wired Headphones
- Turn Off the Bluetooth of the iPhone
- Update your iOS to Latest Version
- Turn Off Do Not Disturb on Device
- Clean iPhone Receiver Speaker
- Adjust Audio Settings of iPhone
- Force Stop Application
- Contact Apple Support
You can watch the video below to fix iPhone no sound on call issue with Wondershare Dr.Fone
Part 1: Why Does My iPhone has No Sound on Calls
To scrutinize and dissect the problem of iPhone sound not working on calls, there is a potential need to realize the reasons that lead to such a problem on your device. Although many peoples have reported such a problem across their iPhones, they are not aware of the reason that led to such a problem in the first place. To know more about these problems, go through the provided reasons in detail:
- Software bugs and glitches: One of the primary reasons in your device may be some software bugs and glitches that are leading to iPhone no sound on calls.
- Hardware faults: There can be potential hardware faults in your iPhone, which can include an audio chip detaching from the motherboard or some other issues with its speaker.
- The interference of third-party applications: You may have some third-party applications installed across your iPhone which are preventing the iPhone from having some sound working during the calls.
- Faulty iOS updates: Some faulty iOS updates may have provoked such an issue in your iPhone.
- "Do Not Disturb" is enabled: You may have accidentally turned on the "Do Not Disturb" option on your iPhone, which may have led to no sound across the calls.
Part 2: 10 Proven Fixes for iPhone No Sound on Calls
For this part, we shall review the potential solutions that can be practiced or applied to resolve the iPhone sound not working on calls. Make sure to follow these solutions with caution and a clear knowledge of the steps.
Fix 1: Use Advanced Tool to Fix iPhone No Sound on Calls
Repair iOS System Errors to Fix "iPhone No Sound on Calls" Without data loss.
For starters, it is recommended that you should consider going for a third-party platform that offers you the unique opportunity of resolving the issue of iPhone no sound on calls. Dr.Fone – System Repair (iOS) provides you with the ultimate system of resolving the issues with your iPhone with ease. The simple interface makes it a perfect option for beginners who are not aware of the extensive operations that need to be performed on other remedies.
To consider using this advanced tool for fixing iPhone sound not working on calls, you are advised to go through the steps featured below:
Step 1: Launch System Repair
The first step in this process is to download and install the latest version of Dr.Fone on your computer. Following its successful installation, launch the tool and proceed by clicking “System Repair” in the provided list on the homepage.
Step 2: Connect Device and Select Mode
Connect your iPhone to the computer through a lightning USB cable. As soon as the software detects the iPhone, it leads to a new screen for selecting a mode for the operations. Select “Standard Repair” mode to proceed.
Step 3: Verify Device Details and Start
The software automatically detects the device model and system version. You can select firmware from the available list of iOS versions. Now, click on "Download" to initiate the process.
Step 4: Install iOS Firmware Successfully
Dr.Fone downloads the iOS firmware on the desktop and verifies it before installing it on the iPhone. Click on "Repair Now" to install the iOS firmware successfully. The process will be completed within moments.
Get it a try to fix iPhone no sound on calls!
Fix 2: Raise the Audio Level
Rather than going for extensive resolutions to fix your iPhone sound not working on calls, you should first check your audio levels. Usually, this problem can just be a blunder that you’ve been doing from your side. Thus, using the “Volume Up” button on the side of your device, raise the audio levels so that the sound is audible across the call.
Fix 3: Remove Wired Headphones
There might be another case where you may have accidentally left your headphones connected to the iPhone. With the wired headphones connected, you may not be hearing any voice across the speakers of your iPhone. To resolve these simplest errors on your iPhone, you just need to remove the wired headphones from your device.
Fix 4: Turn Off the Bluetooth of the iPhone
If you are using AirPods or any other Bluetooth-oriented device on your iPhone, it may still be connected to your device regardless of you using them. To avoid this issue, it is perfect if you can turn off your Bluetooth of the iPhone to disconnect all such connections with the device. For this, you can follow the simple steps as shown below:
Step 1: Open the “Settings” of your iPhone and find the option of “Bluetooth” in the list of settings.
Step 2: Lead into the next section and turn off the toggle across "Bluetooth" to turn it off.
Fix 5: Update your iOS to Latest Version
Another simple yet effective solution that you can try for your iPhone is to update it to the latest OS version. For this, you can follow the simple steps as explained below to exempt from any potential problems that may exist due to an outdated iOS across the iPhone:
Step 1: Proceed into the “Settings” of your iPhone and lead into the “General” settings. Find the option of “Software Update” on the screen that opens on the next screen.
Step 2: iPhone automatically searches for an update of your iOS and displays it on the screen. Click on ‘Download and Install’ to update your iOS.
Fix 6: Turn Off Do Not Disturb on the Device
There is a chance that you may have turned on your "Do Not Disturb" settings on the iPhone. As described as a potential reason for iPhone sound not working on calls, you can turn off the settings by following the steps featured as follows:
Step 1: Launch the “Settings” of your iPhone and proceed into the “Focus” section. Locate the option of "Do Not Disturb" on the next screen.
Step 2: As you proceed, turn off the toggle in the next window to turn off Do Not Disturb.
Fix 7: Clean iPhone Receiver Speaker
Apart from the software issues on your iPhone, there can be certain hardware concerns rising across the device that may cause the iPhone to have no sound on calls. Your iPhone receiver speaker may be covered with dust that needs to be removed delicately out with a good brush that can remove all the dust from the speaker.
Since the dust may have been stopping the sound from reaching your ears properly, this procedure can help you get out of the situation easily.
Fix 8: Adjust Audio Settings of iPhone
iPhone audio settings can be changed for multiple reasons, which can effectively change the outlook of your call settings on the device. Usually, these audio settings are changed for multiple reasons to make the audio conditions optimal for the iPhone. However, if they hinder the user from making their calls, it would be best if they could follow the steps described below:
Step 1: Open the “Settings” of your iPhone and proceed into the “Accessibility” settings present in the list. Find the “Audio/Visual” option in the “Hearing” section on the next screen.
Step 2: As you lead into the next screen, turn off the toggle across the “Phone Noise Cancellation” option.
Fix 9: Force Stop Application
There might be a chance that the application you are using to make a call on your iPhone is malfunctioning for some certain reason. To make the application run smoothly, you would try force-stopping the application and restarting it. Follow the steps featured below:
Step 1: Swipe up your finger from the bottom of the screen at a normal pace to open the applications running in the background.
Step 2: Find the specific application you are operating and swipe up to close it down. Re-launch the application and use it without any hindrance.
Fix 10: Contact Apple Support
Considering the above solutions do not work on your iPhone or your iPhone has some grave problem relating to the chipset present in the device, it would be best if you visit Apple Support for this purpose. Contact and let them know of the issue so that it can be tactfully resolved in the least possible time.
This article has been quite comprehensive in providing users with a detailed guide on how to resolve the issues with iPhone sound not working on calls. You should look into the given solutions in detail to figure out what can be the right technique to take you out of the miserable conditions.
Other Popular Articles From Wondershare
- iPhone Storage Full
- 1. Stuck on Apple Logo Storage Full
- 2. Erase Content Settings not Working
- 3. iPhone Lagging
- 4. iPhone Running Slow
- iPhone Update Problems
- 1. Stuck on Updating iCloud Settings
- 2. iPhone Frozen During iOS Update
- 3. iPhone Checking for Update Stuck
- 4. iPhone Cellular Update Failed
- 5. iPhone Software Update Failed
- 6. iPhone Stuck on Update Requested
- 7. iPhone Update Error 1110
- 8. iPhone Stuck On Verifying Update
- 9. iPhone Won't Update
- 10. Update Server Couldn't Be Contacted
- 8. iPhone & iPad Security Updates
- 9. Update iPhone with/without iTunes
- 10. Can't Download or Update Apps
- iPhone Media Problems
- 1. Apple Music Song Not Available
- 2. iPhone Not Ringing
- 3. iPhone Echo Problem
- 4. iPhone Ringer Problems
- 5. iPhone Plays Music by Itself
- 6. Ringer Volume Changes by Itself
- 7. Music Won't Play on iPhone
- 8. Blurry Photos & Videos on iPhone
- 9. iPhone Volume Problems
- iPhone Sound Problems
- 1. YouTube no Sound
- 2. iPhone Microphone Problem
- 3. Test iPhone Microphone
- 4. Headphones No Sound from iPhone
- 5. No Sound on iPhone Game
- 6. iPhone Sound Not Working
- 7. iPhone Screen Recording no Sound
- iPhone Calling Problems
- 1. iPhone No Sound on Calls
- 2. Screen Goes Black During Call
- 3. iPhone Recent Calls Not Showing
- 4. iPhone Dropping Calls Issue
- 5. iPhone Calling Problem
- iPhone Camera Problems
- 1. iPhone Camera Black
- 2. iPhone Camera Blurry
- 3. iPhone Camera Not Working
- 4. iPhone Front Camera Not Working
- 5. TrueDepth Camera Not Working
- iPhone Network Problems
- 1. Airpods Won't Connect to iPhone
- 2. iPhone Disabled Connect to iTunes
- 3. iPhone Not Syncing Problems
- 4. iPhone Internet Not Working
- 5. iPhone Keep Disconnecting from Wifi
- 6. iPhone WIFI Not Working
- 7. PC Not Recognizing iPhone
- 8. iPhone Stuck on Connect to iTunes
- 9. iPhone Not Showing up in iTunes
- 10. iTunes Not Detecting Your iPhone
- Other iPhone Problems