4 Ways to Recover Deleted Photos on Android Internal Storage
Digital photos have instantly won the hearts of millions around the world since its first public introduction. The reason is pretty obvious. Compared to traditional printed pictures, digital photos are easily accessible and much more handy. Imagine you can store the pictures on your smartphone and view them whenever you want. That’s indeed another level of convenience brought by modern technology.
Modern smartphones today are capable enough to store digital photos and preserve them in pristine condition. However, it’s totally a different story if you accidentally or deliberately delete the photos from your device. But don’t worry. They are not gone forever. There are many ways you can try to recover deleted photos on Android internal storage.
In this article, we will discuss the common reasons why digital photos disappear on mobile phones. We will also provide some helpful techniques to help you recover deleted photos on Android internal storage. Continue reading below to learn more.
- Things You Need to Know When Storing Photos in Internal Storage
- 4 Techniques to Recover Deleted Photos on Android Internal Storage
- BONUS TIP: Don’t Forget to Back Up Your Smartphone Regularly
Things You Need to Know When Storing Photos in Internal Storage
In simple terms, internal storage is a computer-generated space in mobile devices where data is stored. It is designed to hold various types of files that users can easily access on smartphones. The internal storage of modern phones today by high-level security against cyberattacks. However, there are certain instances in which the photos stored on mobile devices vanish mysteriously. There are many possible reasons behind this. Check out the list below.
Pictures get deleted by accident.
The most common reason why photos suddenly disappear from the internal storage is because they get deleted accidentally. It’s often the case when talking about data loss among mobile phone users. But don’t worry. There are many ways you can try to recover deleted photos on Android internal storage. Just choose the best technique that suits your situation.
Pictures get misplaced unintentionally.
The internal memory of mobile devices is accessible via the File Manager application. From there, you can delete, copy, or transfer files from one folder to another. It’s possible that the missing photos on your device are not actually gone. Maybe you accidentally move them to a different location when you’re organizing your files.
A factory reset procedure has been initiated on your device.
Did you factory reset your device recently? That’s probably the simplest explanation for why your photos have disappeared from their respective folders. Take note that the factory reset procedure wipes out the content of the internal storage. Therefore, the files will be deleted upon completing the process. But don’t sweat it. There’s a data recovery software for Android phone’s internal memory that can help you restore your missing photos.
Pictures get corrupted.
Corrupted or damaged photos will no longer show up in the gallery app. It’s simply because the photo viewer software can no longer read and fetch such files. Therefore, it’s probably the case behind the missing photos in your gallery. Are they gone permanently? Well, you can still try to restore them with the aid of data recovery software for your Android phone’s internal memory.
Operating system glitches affect the stability of the internal storage.
When the operating system of mobile devices starts to act up, the rest of their components will be affected. Internal storage is one of them. It’s possible that the memory of your device is struggling to keep up due to certain OS errors. As a result, the files become inaccessible. But don’t worry. There are many effective techniques to recover deleted photos from Android internal storage.
4 Techniques to Recover Deleted Photos on Android Internal Storage
It may sound serious and complicated when internal storage is involved in the discussion. But it’s really not, especially when talking about data loss. Why so? Simply because there are lots of ways to recover deleted photos on Android internal storage. We have listed them below. Find out the best solution that fits your situation.
Solution 1: Retrieve the deleted photos from the File Manager app’s trash folder.
The File Manager and other similar applications have a temporary folder called Trash. It is an exclusive storage meant to keep deleted files within a specific period of time. Unless the deleted photo has passed its expiration date, users have the chance to restore it from the Trash folder. Here’s how to do it in easy steps.
- Step 1: Go to the File Manager application on your mobile phone.
- Step 2: Click the Three-lined button at the top-left corner of your screen to bring out the side panel.
- Step 3: Click Trash. Right after, choose the deleted photos you want to restore.
- Step 4: Lastly, click Restore.
Solution 2: Restore the missing photos from the File Manager’s images folder.
Under certain circumstances, it’s possible that some photos aren’t viewable from the gallery app when stored in a particular folder. That’s probably why the photos are missing on your device. Don’t worry. It’s a piece of cake to move the pictures around the File Manager app and put them in the right place. Here’s how to do it in easy steps.
- Step 1: Open the File Manager application on your device.
- Step 2: Click Images.
- Step 3: Browse the All section to locate the missing photo. Once you find it, click on it.
- Step 4: Click the Three-dotted icon at the top-right corner of your screen.
- Step 5: Click Move To.
- Step 6: Choose your preferred destination.
Solution 3: Get rid of image files with the “.nomedia” extension.
The “.nomedia” extension is a special computer command that prevents duplicate images from showing up in the library. If photos on your internal storage don’t appear in the gallery app, it’s likely because of this anti-duplicate file extension. Don’t worry. It’s very easy to resolve this issue. Here’s how to do it in easy steps.
- Step 1: Launch File Manager on your smartphone.
- Step 2: Click the Three-lined menu button at the top-left corner of your screen.
- Step 3: Click Settings.
- Step 4: Hit the toggle button next to Show Hidden Files.
- Step 5: Go back to the main gallery and then click the Images folder.
- Step 6: Click the search bar and key in “.nomedia.” Check the search results and delete them.
Solution 4: Recover deleted photos using Wondershare Dr.Fone.
Let’s say none of the first three solutions bring good results. That’s sad. At this point, your last resort is to use data recovery software for your Android phone’s internal memory. Wondershare Dr.Fone can help you a lot in this matter. It has potent data recovery features that can bring back your lost photos in a snap. Here’s how to use it in easy steps.
- Step 1: Download Wondershare Dr.Fone on Google Playstore.
- Step 2: Launch Wondershare Dr.Fone after the installation. Log in or create an account to proceed.
- Step 3: On the main dashboard, click Photos under the Recover From Deep Scan section.
- Step 4: Wait while Wondershare Dr.Fone is scanning your device. Right after, select the images you want to restore one by one or click Select All to recover the entire image folder.
- Step 5: Lastly, click Recover.
BONUS TIP: Don’t Forget to Back Up Your Smartphone Regularly
There’s no doubt that the solutions listed above are all effective in various data loss scenarios. You can try to initiate any of them to restore the missing photos on your mobile phones. But on some occasions, we can’t deny that preventing data loss from happening is a much better approach. Backing up your device is what you should always take into consideration. Don’t worry. Wondershare Dr.Fone has made it much easier for everyone. Here’s a quick guide for you.
- Step 1: Download the Wondershare Dr.Fone desktop application from its official website. Install it on your computer.
- Step 2: Launch the newly installed Wondershare Dr.Fone. Once it fully loads, connect your mobile device to the computer.
- Step 3: Navigate the left-side panel and then click My Backup. On the main dashboard, click Back Up Now to start the process.
- Step 4: Follow the on-screen instructions for SMS backup. Once you’re done, click OK to continue.
- Step 5: Wait while Wondershare Dr.Fone is backing up your device.
- Step 6: After completing the backup process, click View Backups or Open in Folder to review your files.
Internal storage is one of the most powerful components installed in our mobile phones. It has the capability to keep our photos and other files safe and secure. But still, we can’t deny the fact that the risk of data loss is still there lingering around. That’s why it’s always best to prepare ourselves for the worst-case scenarios. If you experience the same issue in the future, refer to the solutions listed above. One of them can surely help you recover deleted photos on Android internal storage. Additionally, install Wondershare Dr.Fone on your mobile device and computer. It’s among the best free data recovery software for Android phone’s internal memory.
- Recover Apps
- 1. Data Recovery Software for Android
- 2. Top 4 Android Data Recovery Tools
- 3. Restore Deleted Files on Android
- 4. Coolmuster Android Data Recovery
- 5. Guide of Disk Drill for Android
- 6. Android Data Recovery Software
- 7. Gihosoft Android Data Recovery
- 8. Jihosoft Android Phone Recovery
- 9. Minitool Android Mobile Recovery
- 10. Recover Android Data from Fucosoft
- 11. Best Mobile Forensics Tools to Recover Data
- Contacts Recover
- Files Recover
- 1. Recover Files from Internal Memory
- 2. Recover Miscellaneous Files
- 3. Recover Android's Hidden Files
- 4. Recover Deleted Files from Android
- 4. Recover Deleted Files Without Root
- 5. Recover Files from SD Card
- 6. Undelete Files on Android
- Messages Recover
- Music/Videos Recover
- Photos Recover
- 1. Android Photo Recovery Apps
- 2. Recover Deleted Photos from Android
- 3. Recover Photo from Internal Storage
- 4. Recover Photos from Lost Phone
- 5. Restore Android Deleted Photos
- Broken Android Recover
- 1. View Files from Broken Phone Screen
- 2. Recover Data from Dead Phone
- 3. Recover Contacts with Broken Screen
- 4. Recover Text Messages from Android
- 5. Recover Data from Internal Memory
- Social Apps Recover
- 1. Recover Facebook Messages
- 2. Recover WhatsApp Messages
- 3. Recover WhatsApp Messages
- 4. Restore Deleted WhatsApp Messages
- Android Recover Tips