Samsung Galaxy phones, especially Samsung Galaxy S3, S4 and S5, are known for their problematic screens. Many users either experience blank, black screen despite the fact that the phone is fully charged, the touch screen stoped responding or unidentified dots appearing on your screen. If you just bought one of these models and think that you are screwed over, worry not. In this article, we will inform you the reasons behind these failures, how you can get back your data and how to fix the screens.
- Part 1: Common Reasons That Samsung Galaxy Screens Not Working
- Part 2: Rescue Data on Samsung Galaxy That Will Not Work
- Part 3: Samsung Galaxy Not Working: How to Fix It in Steps
- Part 4: Useful Tips to Protect Your Samsung Galaxy
Part 1: Common Reasons That Samsung Galaxy Screens Not Working
There could be several reasons that caused the Samsung Galaxy screen problem. Depending on the issue, you could narrow down the reasons behind a malfunctioned touch screen.
I. Blank Screen
This is a very common problem for all smartphones, not just Samsung Galaxy phones. It is usually caused by the following:
- An app or feature on your Samsung Galaxy froze;
- There is not enough battery to power the device; and
- An actual physical damage to the touch screen.
II. Unresponsive Screen
An unresponsive screen is usually caused by a system glitch, be it software or hardware. A software issue will be easier to fix. Here are some of the causes of an unresponsive screen:
- A problematic third-party app;
- Your Samsung Galaxy phone froze; and
- There is a fault in one of the hardware inside the device.
III. Dead pixel
Those unknown spots are caused by dead pixels that were caused by:
- A third-party app keeps on freezing or crashes;
- Physical damage to the screen on the specific area; and
- GPU has issues with a third-party app.
Dr.Fone - Data Recovery (Android) that gives users the ability to get back lost, deleted or corrupted data on any mobile devices. Users are able to intuitively figure out how to use the software and the flexibility to customise recovery options to allow the program to quickly and efficiently retrieve data.
World's 1st data retrieval software for broken Android devices.
- It can also be used to recover data from broken devices or devices that are damaged in any other way such as those stuck in a reboot loop.
- Highest retrieval rate in the industry.
- Recover photos, videos, contacts, messages, call logs, and more.
- Compatible with Samsung Galaxy devices.
You do not need to worry about recovering data from your Samsung Galaxy when it has broken screen. Here is how you can do so with the help of the software:
Step 1: Start Dr.Fone - Data Recovery (Android)
Launch Dr.Fone on your computer and choose the Data Recovery feature. Then click Recover from broken phone. You can find this on the left of the software's dashboard.
Step 2: Choose the File Types to Retrieve
Thereafter, you will be given a list of file types that you can retrieve. Tick the boxes corresponding to the file types that you would like to recover. You are able to retrieve Contacts, Messages, Call History, WhatsApp messages & attachments, Gallery, Audio, etc.
Step 3: Pick the Fault Type of Your Phone
Choose the Touch screen not responsive or cannot access the phone option. Click Next to proceed.
Search for the Device Name and Device Modeland click on the Next button.
Step 4: Enter Download Mode.
Enter the Download mode on your Samsung Galaxy by follow the steps provided by the software:
- Turn off the phone.
- Press and hold the volume, home and power button together.
- Press the volume up button.
Step 5: Analyse the Android Phone.
Connect your Samsung Galaxy to your computer using a USB cable. The software should be able to automatically detect your device and scan it.
Step 6: Preview and Recover the Data from Broken Android Phone.
After the software finish analysing the phone, the data recovery tool will give you a list of files that you can retrieve and stored on your computer. Highlight the files to preview them before deciding if you want to retrieve it. Select all the files you want and click on the Recover to Computer button.
Video on Soloving Samsung Galaxy Screen Not Working
The way to fix your problematic Samsung Galaxy screen depends on the problem. Here are some ways you can get it working again:
I. Blank Screen
There are several solutions for this problem:
- Soft-reset/reboot the phone. Should the blank screen happens when your phone froze after you launched a specific app, all you have to do is reboot the phone.
- Connect the charger. Most Samsung Galaxy phones have Super AMOLED display that requires more power than any other screens. There are times when there is little battery left to power the screen that it just go blank.
- Get a professional fix the screen. If the screen panel is damaged from a fall, there is no other ways to go about fixing it.
II. Unresponsive Screen
Here is how you fix this issue:
- Reboot the phone.Simply reboot the Samsung Galaxy phone to solve the problem. If it does not respond to this, take out the battery for a minute and turn it back on.
- Uninstall the problematic app. Should the issue happened when you opened an app, try uninstalling the app if the problem persists continuously.
- Send to a specialist.It is possible that the problem is caused by a faulty component inside the phone. To fix it, you will need to send it for a repair.
III. Dead Pixel
These are the possible solutions to fix a screen with dead pixels:
- Verify if it is caused by an app.If you ca see a black dots on your screen while using an app, close it and open another. If it is triggered by a specific app, try finding a replacement for it. If you can see the same dots when using other apps, it is probably a malfunctioning component inside the phone. Only a specialist can repair this.
- Malfunctioned GPU. If you use your Samsung Galaxy to heavily play games, your graphics processing unit (GPU) may be stretched out to its limits. To clear away these dead pixels, you will need to clear the RAM cache, close any running apps and reboot the phone.
Samsung Galaxy screen not working is a problem that is preventable because half of the time, it is caused by your carelessness. Here are some useful tips to protect your Samsung Galaxy:
- To properly protect the display panel of your Samsung Galaxy, use a really good protective case. This will guard your screen from being broken, cracked or bleed after a fall.
- Sometimes, your phone has manufacturing faults. So to keep your phone and yourself protected, make sure you keep your warranty up until its expiry. This will make sure you get the necessary support from Samsung if the problem is not caused by your carelessness.
- Install a reputable anti-virus and anti-malware software to protect your system from malicious attacks.
- Make sure you read reviews before downloading any apps. It is a great way to access if it will cause any trouble for your Samsung Galaxy. The best way to do this is to filter the reviews according to the reviewers who are using the same device.
- Try not to play games that have heavy graphics too much as this will stretch the capabilities of your device. Either play one game at a time or play in small period of time.
- Do not overcharge the battery – this will heightened the probability of overheating the phone which could cause damages on your phone's components.
While your Samsung Galaxy screen problem can be caused by several reasons, there are an equal number of ways to counter them. So no need to panic – this article is a great start to research solutions for your problems.
Other Popular Articles From Wondershare
- Samsung Phone Issues
- Samsung Keyboard Stopped
- Samsung Bricked
- Samsung Odin Fail
- Samsung Freeze
- Samsung S3 Won't Turn On
- Samsung S5 Won't Turn On
- S6 Won't Turn On
- Galaxy S7 Won't Turn On
- Samsung Tablet Won't Turn On
- Samsung Tablet Problems
- Samsung Black Screen
- Samsung Keeps Restarting
- Samsung Galaxy Sudden Death
- Samsung J7 Problems
- Samsung Screen Not Working
- Samsung Galaxy Frozen
- Samsung Galaxy Broken Screen
- Samsung Phone Tips