How to Fix It: Samsung Tablet Won't Turn On
- Part 1: Common Reasons That Your Tablet Won't Turn On
- Part 2: Rescue Data On Samsung Tablets That Will Not Turn On
- Part 3: Samsung Tablet Won't Turn On: How To Fix It In Steps
- Part 4: Useful Tips To Protect Your Samsung Tablets
The problem of Samsung tablet cannot switch on is more common than you think. Most people panic, but they need to realise that sometimes the cause is not severe and can be fixed promptly.
Here are some highly possible causes as to why your Samsung tablet won't turn on:
- • Stuck in power off mode: When you turn off your tablet at some point and tried to turn it back on, your table may have lagged and froze in the power-off or sleep mode.
- • Battery out of charge: Your Samsung tablet may be out of charge and you did not realise it or the display misread the level of charge your tablet has.
- • Corrupted software and/or operating system: This is usually indicated by the fact that while you are able to turn on your Samsung tablet, you cannot get past the start-up screen.
- • Dirty tablet: If your environment is dusty and windy, your Samsung tablet may get clogged with dirt and lint. This will cause your device to overheat or move properly and make the system run funnily.
- • Broken hardware and components: You think that those small bumps and scrapes do not do anything but make your phone ugly on the outside when in fact, it could cause some components inside to break or loose. This will cause your Samsung tablet to not function properly.
Before you start to fix a Samsung tablet, perform a rescue mission on the data you have stored locally on your Samsung tablet. You can do this using the dr.fone - Recover (Android) for mobile devices. It is a great tool that is easy and quick to use to restore wanted data with its versatility in scanning for files.
World's 1st data retrieval software for broken Android devices.
- It can also be used to recover data from broken devices or devices that are damaged in any other way such as those stuck in a reboot loop.
- Highest retrieval rate in the industry.
- Recover photos, videos, contacts, messages, call logs, and more.
- Compatible with Samsung Galaxy devices.
Follow these steps to rescue data on a Samsung table that will not turn on:
Step 1: Launch dr.fone - Recover (Android)
Open the dr.fone - Recover (Android) program by clicking on the icon on your computer's or laptop's desktop. Choose Recover. To recover the data from the damaged phone, click on Recover from broken phone located on the left side of the window.
Step 2: Select the type of files you want to recover
You will be presented with a comprehensive list of file types that you can prompt the software to recover. Select the ones that you want and click Next. Choose from Contacts, Messaging, Call history, WhatsApp messages & attachments, Gallery, Audio etc.
Step 3: Select the reason you are recovering the data
Click on Touch does't work or canot access the phones and click Next to advance to the next step.
Look for the Samsung Tablet from Device Name and its specific Device Model. Click on the Next button.
Step 4: Go into your Samsung tablet's Download Mode.
You should be getting the steps to go into the device's Download Mode on your Samsung tablet.
Step 5: Scan your Samsung tablet.
Get your Samsung tablet connected to your computer or laptop by using a USB cable. Automatically, the software will detect the device and scan it for recoverable files.
Step 6: Preview and recover the files from a Samsung tablet cannot be switched on
A list of retrievable files will appear once the program is finished with the scanning process. You can review the files to know more about what is inside before deciding on recovering it. Click the Recoverbutton.
Before you call Samsung to report on the failure, follow these steps to fix a Samsung tablet that won't turn on. Do remember to follow them accordingly:
- • Take out the battery from the back of your Samsung tablet. Leave it out for at least 30 minutes - the longer you leave out the battery the more likely residual charge to be drained out for the tablet to get out of sleep or power-off mode.
- • Find the Power and Volume Down buttons - press and hold the down consequently between 15 and 30 seconds to reboot the device.
- • Charge your Samsung tablet to see if it can be turned on. If you have an extra battery, plug it in - this could help determine if your current battery is faulty.
- • Remove connected hardware like an SD card.
- • Launch the Samsung tablet's Safe Mode by pressing and holding down the Menu or Volume Down button.
- • Perform a hard reset - you will need to consult Samsung to find the specific instructions.
Should these steps fail you, you will, unfortunately, need to send it into a service center for a repair.
Rather than worry yourself sick when your Samsung tablet won't turn on, make sure you protect your Samsung tablet externally and internally from any harm:
- • Guard your Samsung tablet with a good quality casing to prevent its components from getting damaged
- • Clean the inside of you Samsung tablet to unclog any accumulated dirt and lint so that it will not overheat.
- • When possible, download apps from Google Play Store because these developers have been checked out by Google.
- • Know what you are sharing with an app - make sure an app is not secretly extracting data that you do not want to share.
- • Get a trusted anti-virus and anti-malware software to protect your tablet from virus and phishing attacks.
- • Always performs updates on your OS, apps and software so that you are running your device on the latest version of everything.
As you can see, it is easy to not panic when a Samsung tablet won't turn on. Knowing what to do in this situation really helps in making sure you check that you can fix it yourself before spending on getting your tablet repaired.
You Might Also Like
- Samsung Phone Issues
- Samsung Keyboard Stopped
- Samsung Bricked
- Samsung Odin Fail
- Samsung Freeze
- Samsung S3 Won't Turn On
- Samsung S5 Won't Turn On
- S6 Won't Turn On
- Galaxy S7 Won't Turn On
- Samsung Tablet Won't Turn On
- Samsung Tablet Problems
- Samsung Black Screen
- Samsung Keeps Restarting
- Samsung Galaxy Sudden Death
- Samsung J7 Problems
- Samsung Screen Not Working
- Samsung Galaxy Frozen
- Samsung Galaxy Broken Screen
- Samsung Phone Tips