5 Ways on How to Download Free Music on iPhone
There’s a song for every emotion and situation.
Music is such a huge part of our lives and thanks to the convenience that smartphones like the iPhone and the iPad provide; we can now enjoy our favourite tracks no matter where we are in the world. However, over time, your music collection will build up and up, potentially costing you thousands over your lifetime.
It’s safe to say that this is thousands you might want to be spending on something else. So you can enjoy your favourite artists while saving money, here are five of the best ways to get free music for your iPod.
- Method #1 – How to Get Free Music on iPhone from iTunes
- Method #2 - How To Download Free Music On iPhone Using KeepVid Music
- Method #3 - How To Download Free Music On iPhone Using Soundcloud
- Method #4 – How to Get Free Music on iPhone from Spotify
- Method #5 – How to Download Free Music on iPhone from YouTube
Method #1 – How to Get Free Music on iPhone from iTunes
Of course, the most common way to get music from your computer onto your iPhone is using iTunes, but as you know, buying the music from iTunes can be expensive, and accordingly, to Apple terms and conditions, you’ll never actually own the music, meaning they can revoke the license at any time.
However, there are many ways you can get the music for free. No matter what your source of music, whether you’ve downloaded online, ripped it off a CD or borrowed a USB stick full of tunes from a friend, here’s how to use iTunes to get it onto your device.
Step #1 - Finding Your Music
Firstly, you’ll need to go to either your Mac or Windows computer and locate the music files that you want to put onto your device. This will be wherever you have saved them before.
Step #2 - Setting Your Device
Connect your iOS device to your computer using a lightening or USB cable and then open iTunes. Your device should be recognised by the iTunes software. If this is the first time you’re connecting your device, you’ll need to accept the ‘Trusted Computers’ notification that will come up on your device.
Also, make sure you’re using the most recent version of iTunes.
Step #3 - Adding Your Music to iTunes
Next, open your window that has the music files you want to transfer. Simply highlight the tracks you want and drag them into the iTunes window. This will import the tracks into iTunes.
Step #4 - How To Get Free Music On iPhone
Finally, sync your iPhone or iPad using your traditional method. You can simply click on your device in the left-hand menu on iTunes and then choose to sync your music. This will transfer the files to your device, and you’ll be ready to rock!
Method #2 - How To Download Free Music On iPhone Using KeepVid Music
KeepVid Music is a fully-featured, high-powered music management system that can help you to do everything you would need to do with your music, including transferring it to your iOS device. Here’s how to get free music on iPhone.
Step #1 - Setting Up KeepVid Music
Head over to the KeepVid Music website and choose your download preferences. The software is compatible with both Windows and Mac computers. There’s also a free trial version available.
Once downloaded, double-click the download to start installing the software and follow the on-screen instructions.
Step #2- Getting Your Music
Thanks to the incredible number of features that KeepVid Music has, you can start downloading music from anywhere and many sources. Firstly, open the software.
This will take you to the homepage of the application. At the top, select ‘Get Music’. Here you’ll be able to see trending and top playlist, genres and recommendations. This is a great place to get free songs download for iPhone.
However, you can also use the search bar to search any tracks from Spotify, YouTube, Deezer and countless other music platforms with tonnes of free songs for iPad.
When you’ve found a track you like, simply click the download button and you’ll have access to that track on your computer. You can download singles, albums and entire playlists. All you need to do is copy the website address and paste it into KeepVid Music.
Alternatively, you can record the song straight from your sound card for free music for ipod.
All the downloaded free music for iPad files will show up in your ‘iTunes Library’, as well as other music you may have already had on your iTunes account.
Step #3 - Transferring Your Free Music For iPod
When you’re happy with your music selection, click ‘Device’ in the top menu.
You’ll now need to connect your iOS device to your computer using a USB cable. Once the device is recognised, you’ll see a number of options where you can choose ‘Transfer iTunes music to device’.
You can then follow the on-screen instructions, and your tracks will be transferred to your device, ready to play wherever you like.
Method #3 - How To Download Free Music On iPhone Using Soundcloud
SoundCloud is a leading music streaming platform and rapidly becoming one of the most popular thanks to the recent updates of its platform. While some tracks can already be downloaded for free, some cannot but it’s still a fantastic place for free songs download for iPhone.
However, it’s possible to learn how to get free music on iPhone using SoundCloud and the KeepVid Music software.
Step #1 - Installing KeepVid Music
Following the instructions above (Method #2 - Step #1), you can install the KeepVid Music software onto your computer.
When you’re ready, open the KeepVid Music software on your computer.
Step #2 - Free Songs Download For iPhone From SoundCloud
Next, head over to the SoundCloud website and start browsing music like you normally would. When you have found a track that you want to download, copy the URL of that track (the website address in the bar across the top of your browser).
Now head to KeepVid Music and click ‘Get Music’ and then click ‘Download’. This will show you a bar where you’ll be able to paste the URL that we just copied.
Choose your file format and then click ‘Download’. This will download the track for free onto your computer.
Step #3 - Transferring Your Free Music For iPod
When you’re ready to transfer your music to your device, simply click ‘Device’ at the top of the screen and follow the on-screen instructions (or Method #2 - Step #3) to transfer your tracks onto your iOS device.
Method #4 – How to Get Free Music on iPhone from Spotify
Spotify is one of the largest music streaming websites and platforms in the world, home to over 30 million unique tracks. If you want to know how to download free music on iPhone from Spotify, here’s everything you need to know;
Step #1 - Finding Your Free Music For iPad
If you haven’t already, head over to the Spotify website and download the software to your computer. You can install this successfully by following the on-screen instructions.
From here, sign into your account and start browsing your music like you normally would. When you find a track you like, pause it and open your KeepVid Music software.
Step #2 - Recording Your Free Music For iPad Tracks
Since Spotify doesn’t typically use public URLs to host their music, you’ll want to head over to ‘Get Music’ on KeepVid Music and select the ‘Record’ option.
You can now choose your preferences and put the track you want to download back to the beginning. Now press the ‘Record’ button in KeepVid Music and start playing your track. This will record the track onto your computer.
When you’re finished recording, simply stop recording the track and save the recorded file to your computer. You can now transfer these music files to your iOS device using the transfer method detailed above.
Method #5 – How to Download Free Music on iPhone from YouTube
Much like SoundCloud and Spotify, YouTube is probably one of the most diverse of all streaming platforms since you’ll have popular music and artists that are uploading their videos themselves. Here’s how you can get your favourite artists onto your device.
Step #1 - Finding Your YouTube Music
Open the KeepVid Music software.
Head over to YouTube and start browsing for the songs that you’ll want download.
When you’ve found one you like, copy the URL in the browser header.
Step #2 - Download Your Free Music For iPad
Head back over to KeepVid Music and click the ‘Get Music’ button, followed by ‘Download’. In this bar, you can paste the URL of your chosen track, select ‘MP3’ and then click ‘Download’. This will download the track to your iTunes library.
Step #3 - Transferring Your Music to Your Device
Using the method listed above, simply select ‘Device’ on KeepVid Music and then follow the on-screen instructions (or the guidelines detailed above) to transfer your music on your iOS device, making your music ready for you to listen to, wherever you are and whatever you’re doing.
- Download Music to iOS
- 1. Download Music to iPhone
- 2. Download Songs on iPhone/iPad/iPod
- 3. Download Free Music on iPhone
- 4. Download on iPhone without iTunes
- Make iPhone Ringtones
- 1. Set Voice Memo a Ringtone on iPhone
- 2. Ringtone Apps to Download Ringtones
- 3. Add Custom Ringtones to iPhone
- 4. iPhone Ringtone Apps
- 5. Ringtone Maker Apps for iPhone
- 6. Change iPhone Alarm Volume
- 7. Set A Ringtone on iPhone
- 8. Set MP3 As Ringtone iPhone
- 9. Set Ringtone iPhone
- 10. Make Custom Text Tones for iPhone
- 11. Websites for Free iPhone Ringtones
- 12. Move Ringtone from iPhone to Android
- 13. Popular iPhone Ringtone Remix
- Transfer Audio Media to iPhone
- 1. Send Ringtone from iPhone to iPhone
- 2. Transfer MP3 to iPhone
- 3. Transfer Audiobook from PC to iPhone
- 4. Transfer Songs from CD to iPhone
- 5. Put Ringtones on iPhone
- Transfer Music from iPhone
- 1. Transfer Music from iPhone to iCloud
- 2. Transfer Music from iPhone to Android
- 3. Transfer Music from iPhone to iPod
- 4. Put Music on iPhone from Computer
- 5. Add Music to iPhone from Computer
- Transfer Music from iTunes
- 1. Transfer Music from iTunes to iPhone
- 2. Transfer Music from Mac to iPhone
- 3. Transfer Music from Laptop to iPhone
- Transfer Music to iPhone
- 1. Transfer Music from Mac to iPhone
- 2. Transfer Music from Mac to iPhone
- 3. Music from PC to iPhone
- 4. Music from PC to iPhone without iTunes
- 5. Transfer Music from Android to iPhone
- 6. Transfer Music from iPad to iPhone
- 7. Transfer Music from iPod/iPhone
- 8. Transfer Music from iPhone to iPhone
- 9. Transfer Music from External Hard Drive
- 10. Transfer to iPhone without iTunes
- 11. Transfer Music to Jailbroken iPhone
- 12. Transfer Music to iPhone
- Transfer Music to iTunes/PC
- 1. Transfer Music from iPhone to iTunes
- 2. Transfer Music from iPhone to PC
- 3. Transfer Music from iPhone to Mac
- 4. Transfer Music between PC and iPhone
- iPhone Music Problems
- 1. Song Missing After iOS Update
- 2. Music Won't Play on iPhone
- 3. iPhone Plays Music by Itself
- 4. Apple Music Song Is Not Available
- iPhone Music Tips