Transfer contacts, SMS, photos, music, video, and more between your iOS devices and computers.
Transfer Music from an External Hard Drive to iPhone
"I haven't gotten enough space on my computer, so I have to store more than 3000 songs on an external hard drive. Now I need to transfer some selected songs from the external hard drive to my iPhone. However, I don't know how to do it. Any suggestion?"
It's a good idea to save songs on an external hard drive, because it is a way to secure your songs. You know, sometimes, because of computer crash, you may lose them permenantly. And saving songs on an exteranl hard drive frees up more space on your computer for new files and apps. But by doing this, it may take you a lot of time when you want to transfer music from an external hard drive to iPhone. Fortunately, now with dr.fone - Transfer (iOS), the users are able to transfer music from extenal hard drive to iPhone in short time.
Transfer MP3 to iPhone/iPad/iPod without iTunes
- Transfer, manage, export/import your music, photos, videos, contacts, SMS, Apps etc.
- Backup your music, photos, videos, contacts, SMS, Apps etc. to computer and restore them easily.
- Transfer music, photos, videos, contacts, messages, etc from one smartphone to another.
- Transfer media files between iOS devices and iTunes.
- Fully compatible with iOS 7, iOS 8, iOS 9, iOS 10, iOS 11 and iPod.
Note: Please choose the right version in accordance with your computer OS.
dr.fone - Transfer (iOS) is a desktop app for iPhone, iPad and iPod. It enables you to put any song from an external hard drive to iPhone without any incompatible problem. And this process is much easier than transfer music from iTunes to iPhone. Only in 3 steps, you'll make it.
Step 1 Connect External Hard Drive to PC.
Plug the external hard drive into your computer via a USB cable. Make sure that you are able to open this hard drive and select the songs you want to copy to your iPhone. On the Windows PC, you can see the hard drive in My Computer by default. On the Mac, the hard drive is on desktop.
Step 2 Connect iPhone with Your Computer.
Connect your iPhone to the computer with the USB cable and launch dr.fone then select Transfer from all the functions. After recognizing your iPhone, dr.fone will show your iPhone in its main interface. And all media files are sorted into categories and displayed on the top sidebar.
Step 3 Transfer Music from External Hard Drive to iPhone.
Click Music on the top menu, and you will enter the Music window by default, if not, choose Music in the left sidebar, then you'll see the iPhone songs in the right part. Click the >Add button at the upper left corner and choose Add Files or Add folder to add the music files from external hard drive. Browse your computer to find the songs or folder in the external hard drive you need. Click Open to import songs to your iPhone. When the transfer is ongoing, a progress bar will tell you how the whole process is going.
See, this is how to transfer music from an external hard drive to iPhone with dr.fone - Transfer (iOS). It's very easy, right? During the transferring process, if an iPhone-incompatible song is added, a window will pop up to ask you to convert it or not before the upload. Click Yes so that the song will be converted and added to iPhone automatically.
Don't hesitate to check dr.fone - Transfer (iOS) out if you're interested in it! It could also help you transfer photos from PC to iPhone fast!
iPhone Music Transfer
- Transfer Music to iPhone
- Transfer Music from iPad to iPhone
- Transfer Music from External Hard Drive to iPhone
- Add Music to iPhone from Computer
- Transfer Music from Laptop to iPhone
- Transfer Music to iPhone
- Add Music to iPhone
- Add Music from iTunes to iPhone
- Download Music to iPhone
- Sync Music to iPhone
- Transfer Music from Computer to iPhone
- Transfer Music from iPod to iPhone
- Put Music on iPhone from Computer
- Transfer Music from Android to iPhone X
- Transfer Audio Media to iPhone
- Transfer Ringtones from iPhone to iPhone
- Transfer MP3 to iPhone
- Transfer CD to iPhone
- Transfer Audio Books to iPhone
- Put Ringtones on iPhone
- Transfer iPhone Music to PC
- Download Music to iOS
- Download Songs on iPhone
- How to Download Free Music on iPhone
- Download Music on iPhone without iTunes
- Download Music to iPod
- Transfer Music to iTunes
- More iPhone Music Sync Tips