The Ultimate Solution of iPhone Face ID Not Working
Face ID is nothing short of a revelation for many people; it allows you to log into your iPhone, numerous apps and services, and even make safe and secure purchases by simply gazing at your phone. Face ID has flaws, and it can occasionally fail to function correctly, failing to unlock anything you were trying to access.
So, if you can't set up Face ID on your iPhone, if it's unavailable, or if Face ID has started working sporadically and no longer recognizes your face, follow the troubleshooting steps below to fix face id not working. These methods apply to all iPhone models with Face ID, including the iPhone X and subsequent versions.
- Part 1: Face ID Specifications
- Part 2: Quick Tips to Repair Face ID Not Working
- Part 3: 5 Ways to Fix Face ID Not Available on iPhone
Part 1: Face ID Specifications
1.What is Face ID?
Face ID, Apple's facial recognition software, was introduced with the iPhone X in 2017. Because this new technology is projected to come on all future iPhones.
iPhone Face ID builds a detailed 3D model of your face using a TrueDepth camera system that includes sensors, cameras, and a dot projector in the notch.
Much of our digital lives are saved on iPhones and iPad, and it is critical to safeguard that data. Face ID delivers simple and secure authentication using a cutting-edge TrueDepth camera system and innovative technologies that correctly trace the geometry of your face.
2.How does Face ID work?
Face ID sensors are housed in a notch at the top of the screen on iPhones and other compatible handsets. This category includes the following sensors:
Infrared illumination Camera: This camera captures images by interpreting the displayed dots on the screen.
Flood Illuminator: This extra infrared light ensures the device works even when it is entirely dark.
Dot Projector: Over 30,000 invisible dots will be projected onto your face by the dot projector. The dots form a 3D picture of the anatomy of your face. As a result, a "unique face map" is created.
|Supported iPhone models||· iPhone X
· iPhone XR
· iPhone XS & XS Max
· iPhone 11
· iPhone 11 Pro & 11 Pro Max
· iPhone 12 & 12 Mini
· iPhone 12 & 12 Pro Max
· iPhone 13 & 13 Mini
· iPhone 13 Pro & 13 Pro Max
· iPhone 14 & 14 Plus
· iPhone 14 Pro & 14 Pro Max
|Features||· securely unlocks your iPhone or iPad Pro with a single glance.
· authorize purchases from the iTunes Store, App Store, and Book Store, as well as payments with Apple Pay and other services.
Part 2: Quick Tips to Repair Face ID Not Working
1.Clean your TrueDepth camera
Frequent face touches, dirty pockets, and other actions may have contaminated the Face ID region of the screen, preventing the sensors from reading your face. Consider how difficult (sometimes impossible) it would be to view an object in front of you if your glasses become cloudy.
Clean the area around the TrueDepth camera and sensors (the upper part of the screen where the speaker is) with a display cleaning solution or a cloth, and see whether you can unlock your smartphone with your face or do another action requiring Face ID.
2.Make sure your face is clean.
If your face, nose, or mouth are covered, the Face ID sensors cannot recognize you. Although most types of sunglasses are supported, it is preferable to remove them briefly because some types of sunglasses may obscure the infrared light from the Face ID sensors. Also, ensure that your face is clean and that you are not wearing makeup to be recognized.
3.Hold your iPhone correctly.
Are you confident your iPhone is in portrait mode? It is critical to ensure that your face is aimed toward the TrueDepth camera and that your iPhone is in portrait mode. The view range of the real-depth cam is the same as for snapping selfies or making facetime calls.
When using face ID, your iPhone must be within arm's reach of your face. If you're out in broad daylight with your iPhone, ensure the sun isn't directly behind you to avoid face id not working problem.
4.Check Face ID settings.
Face ID will only function if it is properly configured. As a result, you should first check the Face ID settings to ensure that you can set up Face ID and that it is correctly set up. Go to Settings > Face ID & Passcode and input your passcode when prompted to check the Face ID settings.
You may see "Set up Face ID." It implies that you may need to set up Face ID correctly or that it was wiped by someone else. Tap "Set Up Face ID" to get started. If Face ID is already enabled, go to "Use Face ID For" and make sure "iPhone Unlock" is enabled and whatever else you want to use it for.
Part 3: 5 Ways to Fix Face ID Not Available on iPhone
1.Restart your iPhone
Sometimes all a gadget needs is a reboot - turning a device off and back on can quickly repair seemingly tricky software problems like face id not available. If you've tried most of the troubleshooting techniques in this article and still have difficulties, switch off the device, wait for one to two minutes, and then turn it back on.
2.Update your iOS version
If you have Face ID activated, but it does not appear to be working correctly, you may need to upgrade your device. Check that your iPhone is running the most recent version of iOS. Go to Settings > General > Software Update to see whether an update is available. Tap "Download and Install" to update the device if an update is available.
3.Reset your Face ID
You may also totally reset your Face ID and set it up again. Configuring Face ID is easier than it takes a few minutes. Do the following to solve face id not available:
- Launch the Settings app, then select Face ID & Passcode.
- If asked, enter your passcode. Tap the Reset Face ID button.
- Follow the steps to set up Face ID for the second time.
4.Try DFU mode
A DFU restores the most thorough iPhone restore and a last-ditch effort to resolve a persistent software issue. We recommend backing up your iPhone before conducting a DFU restore to avoid losing your contacts, images, and other data.
5.Bonus Tips: Efficient Tool to Fix iPhone Face ID Not Working
Wondershare One of the best is Dr.Fone-System Repair. This iOS system recovery tool can quickly cure iPhone face id not working and other difficulties without affecting the device's data or other capabilities.
Customers may now restore their iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch from the white screen, Recovery Mode, Apple logo, or black screen, as well as handle other iOS issues, thanks to Dr.Fone-System Repair. No data will be lost while correcting iOS system flaws.
Step 1: Start Dr.Fone after it has been successfully installed. On the site, select "System Repair" from the drop-down menu.
Step 2: After that, you must specify the type of smartphone you are repairing. Choose "iOS" because iPhones are being dealt with.
Step 3: You will be taken to a new screen where you must pick "iOS Repair" to repair the iPhone's system faults.
Step 4: Even if your iOS system problem isn't listed, you may select "Repair Now" and start the recovery process.
Step 5: To begin with the iOS repair, choose "Standard Repair" from the two options. This mode will attempt to fix your iOS device while protecting all data from loss.
Step 6: You must boot your iOS device into Recovery Mode. You must first trust the computer to complete this process. To do so:
Connect the device to the computer using a USB cable and enter the password for the lock screen.
Tap the "Trust" option that appears in the pop-up window.
Following successful coverage, click "Enter Recovery Mode" to proceed. If your device is unresponsive or performing strangely, select the "Guide to Recovery Mode" option.
Step 7: Depending on your model, follow the on-screen instructions to boot your device into Recovery Mode.
Step 8: The platform recognizes the device as soon as it enters Recovery Mode.
Step 9: The following window displays a list of different iOS firmware that can be installed on the iOS device. Click "Download" to begin the installation process for any of them.
Step 10: The iOS firmware begins to download and is displayed in the progress bar across the PC.
Step 11: After downloading the firmware, the platform validates it before installing it on iOS to avoid difficulties.
Step 12: After verifying the iOS firmware, select the "Repair Now" option to begin the iOS system recovery process. A progress bar depicts the repair procedure on the following screen.
Step 13: When you're finished, the prompt window displays the successful completion of the process. To finish the execution, press the "Done" button.
Facial recognition is a fantastic feature, especially for someone who frequently uses their phone during the day. Also, even if iPhone face id not working, you can still unlock your iPhone with your phone. You can use Wondershare Dr.Fone-System Repair to address any software-related issue with Face ID from the comfort of your home.
Other Popular Articles From Wondershare
iPhone Not Working
- iPhone Stuck
- 1. iPhone Stuck on Mute
- 2. iPhone Stuck on Loading Screen
- 2. iPhone Stuck on Emergency SOS
- 3. iPhone Stuck on Setting Up Apple ID
- 4. iPhone Stuck on Spinning Wheel
- 5. iPhone Stuck in Recovery Mode
- 6. iPhone Stuck in Restore Mode
- 7. iPhone Stuck on Apple Logo
- 8. iPhone Flashing Apple Logo
- 9. iPhone Won't Go Past Apple Logo
- iPhone is Frozen
- 1. iPhone Keeps Freezing
- 2. Fix Frozen iPhone Screen
- 3. iPhone Messages Freezing
- 4. iPhone Frozen in 10 Seconds
- 5. Force Quit Frozen Apps on iPhone
- 6. iPhone Frozen During Update iOS 15
- 7. iPhone Frozen During Update iOS 16
- iPhone Won't Turn On/Off
- 1. iPhone Keeps Restarting
- 2. iPhone Keeps Turning Off
- 3. iPhone Won't Turn Off
- 4. iPhone Won't Turn On
- iPhone Screen Problems
- 1. iPhone Red Screen of Death
- 2. iPhone Blue Screen of Death
- 3. iPhone Black Screen of Death
- 4. iPhone White Screen of Death
- 5. Blue Line on iPhone Screen
- 6. Flickering Screen on iPhone
- 7. iPhone Screen Won't Rotate
- 8. iPhone Touch Screen Not Working
- 9. iPhone Screen Recording Not Working
- 10. iPhone Screen Turned Black & White
- iPhone Servies Problems
- 1. iPhone No Service Problem
- 2. Safari Keeps Crashing on iPhone
- 3. Can't See iPhone Hotspot from PC
- 4. iPhone Hotspot Not Working
- 5. iPhone Bluetooth Not Working
- 6. iPhone Location is Wrong
- 7. iPhone GPS Not Working
- 8. iPhone Maps Not Working
- 9. Google Maps Not Working
- 10. Emergency Alerts Not Working
- 11. iPhone Airdrop Not Working
- iPhone Function Problems
- 1. iPhone Speaker Not Working
- 2. iPhone FaceTime Not Working
- 3. FaceTime Waiting for Activation
- 4. iPhone Notifications Not Working
- 5. iPhone Reception Problems
- 6. iPhone Auto Lock Not Working
- 7. iPhone Quick Start Not Working
- 8. iPhone Vibrate Not Working
- 9. iPhone Screenshot Not Working
- 10. iPhone Face ID No Working
- 11. iPhone Not Saving Photos
- 12. iPhone Do Not Disturb Not Working
- Other iPhone Problems
- 1. Can't Update / Restore Error 1100
- 2. iPhone Camera Black or Not Working
- 3. iPhone / iTunes Error 4013
- 4. iPhone Front Camera Not Working
- 5. iPhone / iTunes Error 11
- 6. Do Not Disturb on iPhone Settings
- 7. iPhone Proximity Sensor by Yourself
- 8. Replace iPhone Digitizer
- 9. Accessory May Not Be Supported
- 10. Fix GPS Problems on iPhone