Switch an Instagram Personal Profile to a Business Profile or Vice Versa
Instagram is a widely used social media platform that allows sharing pictures, videos, and other media content to connect with people. The site offers three different types of profiles – Personal, Business, and Creator, each having their site feature access. When you create a new account on Instagram, it is designed as a personal profile by default. Later you can switch it to business, or a creator profile is needed
The content below will help you learn the differences between the three types of Instagram accounts on Instagram profiles, features, etc. Besides, the methods to switch from one profile to another will be delivered in detail. Let’s start.
Part 1: Personal Profile vs. Business Profile vs. Creator Profile
The table below will compare the three Instagram profiles- Personal, Business, and creator on an array of aspects and features.
It can be clearly stated that business profiles offer many additional features that will work great if you want to use your Instagram for promotion, marketing, and selling. With analytics, API access, Facebook Creator Studio, and other supported functions, a business profile will be an advantage over a personal profile for your business and its marketing.
|Access to advertising options||No||Yes||No|
|3rd Party Analytic||No||No||Yes|
|Swipe Up option||No||Yes||Yes|
Part 2: Things to be Checked Before Beginning
Before you plan to switch to a business account on Instagram, several things need to be checked beforehand.
- 1. Facebook connection
Your Instagram Business profile needs to be connected to a Facebook page to access the features of Instagram in Hootsuite. You can connect only one Instagram profile to a Facebook page and vice-versa. Thus, it is mandatory that you have a Facebook page related to your Instagram profile.
- 2. Access management
If your Facebook page is an art in Facebook Business Manager, it is essential to have management access to the page. The Facebook page must have an Admin or Editor page role if Classic Page type is used. There should be Facebook access with complete or partial control for the New Page type.
- 3. Check the access of the to-be-switched account
You also need to have access to the to-be-switched page before switching to a professional account Instagram.
Part 3: Convert Your Instagram Personal Profile to a Business Profile
Once all the prerequisites for switching to a business profile are met, the method is to convert from a Personal Profile to a Business profile. Steps for the process are enlisted below.
Steps on how to switch to a business account on Instagram
Step 1. Launch the Instagram app on your phone, go to profile, and click on it at the upper-right corner.
Step 2. Next, click on the Settings icon.
Note: Some accounts will see the Switch to professional account option directly listed under the Settings option.
Step 3. Click on Account and then tap on Switch to a professional account.
Step 4. Click on Continue, choose your business category type, and click on the Done button.
Step 5. To confirm, tap on OK.
Step 6. Next, tap on Business and then again click on Next.
Step 7. You now need to add the contact details, then click on Next. You can also skip this part by clicking on the Don’t use my contact info option.
Step 8. At the next step, you can connect your Instagram business account to your business Facebook associated page by following the steps.
Step 9. Click on the X icon at the upper-right corner to move back to your profile, a business profile.
Note: The above listed are the steps for a mobile phone. If you wish to switch the account on a PC, the steps will be the same.
Part 4: How to Switch Back to a Personal/Creator Instagram Account
If you realize that it is not going as expected or not suitable for you after using the Business profile for some time, you don't need to worry as you can always revert to a Personal profile. If required, you can also switch from a Business profile to a Creator profile to check the changes and see if this works towards your goals and requirements.
Switching to a Creator profile or going back to a personal profile is a simple process, and the steps are as below.
Steps on how to switch to a personal account on Instagram
Step 1. Open your Instagram account and go to Settings > Account.
Step 2. Click on the Switch Account Type option.
Step 3. Next, tap on Switch to Personal Account and click ok Switch to Personal to confirm the selection.
Step 4. Similarly, choose the option if you need to switch to a Creator account.
Note: When you switch back to a personal profile, the Insights data will be lost.
Additional Reading: Changing Instagram Location Using Wondershare Dr. Fone-Virtual Location.
After finishing accounts setting up stuff, developing an Instagram account for good is worth studying. If you want to promote your business outside your location, check for more prospects. Changing the app location according to business in different places will help, and making good use of it will increase brand awareness effectively. And for this, we suggest Dr. Fone-Virtual Location as the apt tool. This Windows and Mac-based software will set a fake GPS location for both your Android and iOS devices, which will also help in changing the Instagram location. The tool interface is simple, and in just a few simple clicks, you can teleport to any place in the world.
The choice to keep your Instagram account as Personal, Business, or Creator depends on the type of business you are, goals you have, people you wish to target, and other requirements. Switching from one profile to another is simple, and the process for the same can be checked from the above parts of the topic.
- Change Location on iPhone
- 1. Best Fake GPS Location Apps for iPhone
- 2. Fake GPS Location on iPhone
- 3. Change Home Address on iPhone
- 4. Change Weather Location on iPad
- 5. See Someone's Location on iPhone
- 6. Fix the iPhone GPS not Working Issue
- 7. Fix “No Location Found” on iPhone
- 8. Fix “Location Not Available” on iPhone
- 9. "No Location Found" Vs. "Location Not Available"
- Change Location on Android
- 1. Best Fake GPS Location Apps for Android
- 2. GPS on Android
- 3. Android Location Settings
- 4. Fake GPS No Root
- 5. Fake GPS on Huawei Safely
- 6. Fake Android GPS without Mock Location
- Hide Location on ios & Android
- 1. Fake Location on Find My iPhone
- 2. Fake Location on Find My Friends
- 3. Stop Google Tracking Your Location
- 4. Fake Location on Google Maps
- 5. Turn Off Life 360 Without Knowing
- 6. Stop Life360 from Tracking You
- 7. Life360 Circle: Tips & Tricks
- 8. Can Life360 Track You When Your Phone is Off
- 9. Fix Google Maps Voice Directions Not Working
- Pokemon GO Spoofing Tips
- 1. iSpoofer Alternative for Pokémon GO
- 2. Pokemon Go Hack iOS
- 3. Pokemon Go Hack Android
- 4. Flg Pokemon go
- 5. Pokémon GO scanner
- 6. Go-tcha Classic for Pokémon Go
- 7. Play Pokémon Go Without Moving
- 8. Hatch Eggs in Pokémon Go Without Walking
- 9. Fake Pokémon Go Location on iPhone
- 10. Pokémon Go Joystick Android No Root
- 11. Teleport in Pokémon GO
- 12. List of Pokémon Go Joysticks
- 13. Safest Pokémon GO Joystick
- 14. Does PokeGo++ still work
- 15. Pokemon Go iSpoofer & PokeGO++ Hack Cydia Impactor
- Pokémon GO Guides
- 1. Pokémon Go CP Calculator Tips
- 2. Pokémon Go Community Day
- 3. Top Pokemon in Pokémon Go
- 4. Get More Rare Candy in Pokémon Go
- 5. Pokémon Go Special Trade Tips
- 6. Get More Pokeballs in Pokémon Go
- 7. Pokémon Go Level-up Tips
- 8. Pokémon Go Lucky Trade Tips
- 9. Change Nickname in Pokémon Go
- 10. Pokémon Go Transferring Tips
- 11. Pokémon Go Trade Distance Guide
- 12. Pokémon Go Spotlight Hour Guide
- 13. Troubleshoot Pokemon GO Error 12
- 14. Pokémon Go Unable to Authenticate
- 15. Fix Pokémon Go Black Screen Error
- 16. Fix Pokémon Go Error 11 GPS Signal Not Found
- Fake GPS on Games
- 1. Top 15 Games like Pokémon Go
- 2. 6 Best GPS Games To Play Outdoors
- 3. Must-Have Apps for Harry Potter Fans
- 4. Spoof Harry Potter Wizards Unite
- 5. Wizards Unite Hacks and Cheats
- 6. Fake GPS in The Walking Dead
- 7. Tricks to Level Up in Walking Dead
- 8. Tips To Play Ingress Prime
- 9. Ingress vs. Ingress Prime Comparison
- 10. Spoof Ingress Prime Location
- 11. Spoof Location on Jurassic World Alive
- 12. Tips and Hacks for Captain Tsubasa
- 13. Captain Tsubasa Dream Team Player
- 14. Tips To Play The AR Game-Anomaly
- 15. Fake GPS on Mobile Legends
- Fake Location on Social Apps
- 1. Fake Location on Whatsapp
- 2. Fake Location on Facebook
- 3. Change Location on Facebook Dating
- 4. Change Location on Twitter
- 5. Fake Location on YikYak
- 6. Fake Location on Snapchat
- 7. Add Location Filters on Snapchat
- 8. Fake mSpy GPS
- 9. Fake Location on Tiktok
- 10. Change Instagram Region/Country
- 11. Change Instagram Business Location
- 12. Change Location on Twitter
- 13. Set Preferred Job Location on LinkedIn
- Fake Location on Dating Apps
- 1. Fake Hinge GPS
- 2. Top Funny Hinge Prompts
- 3. Apps Like Tinder
- 4. Enjoy Tinder Gold for Free
- 5. Fake Tinder GPS
- 6. Fix Tinder Keeps Crashing
- 7. Find People on Tinder by Name
- 8. Use Grindr on a PC
- 9. Grindr Web app explained
- 10. Fake Grindr GPS
- 11. Grindr Unable to Refresh
- 12. Fake Bumble GPS
- 13. Bumble Snooze Mode Guide
- 14. Tinder vs Bumble vs Hinge
- Get Around Geo-blocking