Prank Your Friends! Easy Ways to Fake and Share Google Maps Location
Google Maps is a virtual map for mobile and PC use. With it, you can check routes and street maps with unreal aerial imagery. However, sometimes you might want to fake Google Maps location. Google maps location. For example, you might want to tag your friends or followers with a new fake location. Or, you might want to prevent apps like Google Chrome from accessing your actual location. Whichever the case, this article teaches you how to fake GPS on Google maps without breaking a sweat. Let's learn!
- Part 1: How to Fake or Spoof Your Location in Google Maps?
- Method 1: Spoof location in Google Maps with a tool for both iPhone and Android
- Method 2: Change location in Google Maps with a VPN
- Part 2: How to Share Your Location in Google Maps?
- Part 3: FAQ: All You Wanna Know about Location Changing on Your Phone
Part 1: How to Fake or Spoof Your Location in Google Maps?
You may think I should be turning off the location setting and wifi services to show fake locations on google maps. Well, I tried this, but it did not work, unfortunately. Google Maps can still track me. This is because Google Maps can use the signal strength of cell towers around me to guess my location, and believe me, this guess is usually very accurate. Also, the IP of the phone can be used. Here, we provide two effective methods for you to fake and change location in Google Maps at ease.
Method 1: Spoof location in Google Maps with a tool for both iPhone and Android
If you want to fake Google maps location on iPhone, then you’ll have to put more effort than an Android device. Just installing an app might not work out to spoof Google Maps location on an iPhone. Nowadays, region-based games and apps are boring, and people need more options to explore. It is possible to share fake Google map locations by using different regions through a few clicks. Dr.Fone - Virtual Location has much more innovative ways to do that.
You need to download this app to use its incredible features. It's a 1- click location-changing software that can outdo any other software in the market. This is the safest way to change Android and iPhone Locations without Jailbreak. Also, you get to enjoy other useful features of this software such as Phone Transfer, WhatsApp Transfer with the location changing.
- Allows users to simulate GPS movement along a route as they draw.
- One-click teleportation of GPS location to anywhere system available.
- There is a joystick available to spoof GPS movement comfortably.
- You can use this software with various location-based apps, like Pokemon Go, Snapchat, Instagram, etc.
- It’s compatible with both iOS and Android operating systems.
Here is a video tutorial for you to have a quick view on Google maps location changing.
Step-by-step Guide to Fake Google Maps Location with Dr. Fone Virtual Location:
Step 1: First, you need to download, install and launch the Dr. Fone Virtual Location software on your computer. From the software's home page, you need to select the "Virtual Location" option from a bunch of other options.
Step 2: Next, you need to connect your iPhone to the computer by using a cable.
Step 3: On the next window, you’ll find the world map on your screen, and the coordinates and directions are clear on the map. You need to click on the third icon called the “Teleport Mode” from the top right corner of your screen. Then type in the place's name in the search box where you want to change your location. There is also a way to pinpoint the area if you know it properly.
Step 4: After becoming sure of your new location, click on the “Move Here” button to change your location from the real one to the virtual one you selected.
Method 2: Change location in Google Maps with a VPN
An array of VPN apps come with built-in location spoofing features on top of the usual IP address masking. For example,
1. Nord VPN
NordVPN includes additional features to stay ahead of Hulu’s VPN blocks. It has a Smart DNS tool, to unblock streaming apps on games consoles and Smart TVs, and a functional app for Amazon Fire TV, too, though, it isn’t quite as fast as ExpressVPN, but it’s more than fast enough for HD streaming.
- Affordable price tag
- Useful Smart DNS feature
- IP and DNS leak protection
- Speed Slower than ExpressVPN
- Only one Japan server location
- Unable to pay by PayPal
ExpressVPN can bypasses many streaming blocks, like Hulu’s, and it delivers a fast long-distance speeds connecting to America from overseas compared to other vpns. Also, it provides many Japanese server locations, including the main big cities in Japan, Tokyo and Osaka.
- Fast speed
- In-built DNS and IPv6 leak protection
- Smart DNS tool
- 14 US cities and 3 Janpanese location severs
- More expensive than other VPN providers
Surfshark is relatively new to the market and only emerged some time back in 2018. It’s available now at a great price compared to current top dogs in the market.
- Affordable price tag
- Safe & private connection
- Smooth user experience
- Weak social media connection
- New to industry, unstable for sometime
VPNs change your perceived location by swapping out your real IP address with that of the VPN server. IP addresses are unique sequences of numbers and decimals that identify every device on the internet. An IP address can be used to approximate a device’s location.
Step-by-step guide for faking location in Google Maps with a VPN
No matter what VPNs you are using, the steps are basically as same as the following:
- Open a VPN app on your phone.
- Choose a country IP address that you hope to change to.
- Switch the button to make a connection on VPN.
- Refresh or reopen your Google Map, and then input your desired location on its search section.
- It's complished when the desired location is found.
Part 2: How to Share Your Location in Google Maps?For iPhone users, you can share your Google map location through the following steps:
- Start Google Maps on your iPhone.
- Click on your profile avatar, and in the menu, click Location sharing. If you are already sharing your location, you will tap New share.
- Now select the contact you want to share your location with and also how long you will share.
- Click Share.
Or you can directly mark a location you wanna go to first, and tap the "Share" button, then choose the channels you want to share. You can share through WhatsApp, Telegram, Instagram, etc.
Also, follow the steps below if you are using an Android phone:
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Maps app Google Maps.
- Search for a place. Or, find a place on the map, then touch and hold to drop a pin.
- At the bottom, tap the place's name or address.
- Tap the Share icon. If you don't see this icon, tap More and then Share.
- Choose the app where you want to share the link to the map.
Part 3: FAQ: All You Wanna Know about Location Changing on Your Phone
1. How can I add my favorite route as favorite?
In the reallocation screen, you'll be able to find the five-star icon on the proper sidebar and, therefore, the new window after you use the three provided modes. A simple click to feature the route to your favorites. After you boost features, it'll show you "collection successfully," and also the five stars icon will display a red icon, and you'll also enter to test what percentage you have ever strengthened.
2. How to turn off your location on an iPhone device?
You can do that by changing the settings on your device. Settings >> privacy options>> location services, then turn the icon to the left, which will indicate that your location is off.
3. How to turn off your history on an iPhone device?
To turn off the History, stick to the same icon of settings, and from the system services, check your significant locations, and you can delete them as well.
4. How does one give someone your location from your iPhone?
Start with opening the "Find My" app on your iPhone and choose the "People" tab. Select share my location and enter the name or number of the person you wish to share your location with. In the end, tap send and share your site with someone you want to share.
We've discussed the fake Google maps location through different methods in this detailed guide. Android and iOS users can use various apps to fake their location. For iOS users, Dr. Fone Virtual Location is a perfect choice to spoof Google maps location without doing much work. Sharing fake locations in Google maps is a straightforward thing to do. Whether you want to use it to prank your friends, otherwise, you may have a more serious reason. By following the above steps outlined in this article, you will convince Google that you are anywhere within the world.
- Change iOS Location
- 1. Best iOS Location Changers
- 2. Fake iPhone GPS Location
- 3. Change iPhone Home Address
- 4. Change iPad Weather Location
- 5. See Someone's Location on iPhone
- 6. iPhone GPS not Working
- 7. iPhone “No Location Found”
- 8. iPhone “Location Not Available”
- 9. iTools Alternatives
- 10. DoPokeGo++ Alternatives
- 11. 3uTools Alternatives
- 12. Foneazy MockGo Alternatives
- 13. "No Location Found" Vs."Location Not Available"
- Change Android Location
- 1. Best Android Fake GPS Apps
- 2. Free Android Location Spoofers
- 3. Fake Android GPS Location
- 4. Android Location Settings
- 5. Fake GPS No Root
- 6. Fake GPS on Huawei
- 7. Fake GPS without Mock Location
- Hide GPS Location
- 1. Change Location on Find My iPhone
- 2. Fake Location on Find My Friends
- 3. Stop Google Tracking Your Location
- 4. Fake Location on Google Maps
- 5. Spoof Location on Life360
- 6. Turn Off Life 360 Without Knowing
- 7. Stop Life360 from Tracking You
- 8. Life360 Circle: Tips & Tricks
- 9. Google Maps Giving Voice Directions
- 10. Stop From Being Tracked
- 11. Can Life360 Track You When Your Phone is Off
- Fake GPS on Games
- 1. Play Pokémon Go Without Moving
- 2. Fake GPS on Mobile Legends
- 3. Spoof Ingress Prime Location
- 4. Spoof Location on Jurassic World Alive
- Fake Location on Social Apps
- 1. Fake Location on Whatsapp
- 2. Fake Location on Facebook
- 3. Fake Location on Telegram
- 4. Fake Location on Tiktok
- 5. Fake Location on YikYak
- 6. Fake Location on Snapchat
- 7. Add Location Filters on Snapchat
- 8. Change Location on Twitter
- 9. Change Instagram Business Location
- 10. Change Instagram Region/Country
- 11. Stop mSpy from Spying You
- 12. Change Location On Linkedin
- Fake Location on Dating Apps
- 1. Fake Hinge GPS
- 2. Top Funny Hinge Prompts
- 3. Apps Like Tinder
- 4. Enjoy Tinder Gold
- 5. Fake Tinder GPS
- 6.Tinder Keeps Crashing
- 7. Find People on Tinder
- 8. Use Grindr on a PC
- 9. Grindr Web app explained
- 10. Fake Grindr GPS
- 11. Grindr Unable to Refresh
- 12. Fake Bumble GPS
- 13. Bumble Snooze Mode Guide
- 14. Tinder vs Bumble vs Hinge
- Get Around Geo-blocking