How to Change Location on TikTok to See More Content
TikTok is a famous entertainment application that shows exciting content worldwide. It is now a popular application with a recorded 3 billion downloads while surpassing the popularity of Facebook and Twitter in 2018. But, sadly, the application keeps on being the victim of restrictions and bans in different countries worldwide.
This limits content broadcast in different regions, making TikTok lovers deprived of entertainment. But, if you know how to change location on TikTok, you can surpass all these restrictions easily. The article will help you learn how to change your TikTok location by presenting the following aspects:
Part 1: How Does TikTok Detect your Location
The IP address and browsing history on the TikTok, time zone setting and mobile carrier are also collected by the TikTok as "Technical Information." In case you want to know if TikTok ensures your safety as well? The answer is no. If you give your location access to TikTok, it increases the chances of getting hacked.
Your information becomes easily accessible to everyone. Moreover, it is also mentioned in the privacy statement of TikTok that they will share your details with public authorities, enforcement agencies, and other organizations. TikTok can share your sensitive information with governments and commercial parties.
If you don't want to add your location on TikTok, you will have to deny the permissions on your phone. Hence, knowing how to change location on TikTok is necessary.
Part 2: Why We Need to Change Location on TikTok
We have discussed how TikTok gets to know about your location in the first part. Now, we will share why do we need to change location on TikTok:
- To Add Diversity to the Audience
The algorithm of TikTok is built so that it will only show the content of your region or country. Therefore, if you want to make money through your content on TikTok, it might not be possible for you. So, you may want to target the audience of another region that is willing to buy the content.
- Access Better Content
Even if TikTok offers exciting content that has made the app popular, you can only access the available content for your region. Therefore, if you want to enjoy more content from the other areas, you should change your location on TikTok to access unlimited content.
- Use the App without Hurdles
Countries like Afghanistan and India have banned the TikTok application, and Indonesia and Bangladesh have censored it. Moreover, the United States is also thinking of the same due to user privacy concerns and security threats. However, if your country has already banned TikTok, you can still access the content with a fake location if you know how to change location in TikTok.
- Protect your Privacy
If you are not using a VPN or any other way to change your location, TikTok can access your device easily. The organization behind TikTok can access the applications on your phone, your messages, and places you go to. So, when you change your location, it will remove the chances of being tracked.
Part 3: How to Change your Location in TikTok on Different Devices?
We have discussed why it is essential to know how to change the location of TikTok. Now, we will move forward and discuss the methods involved in changing the TikTok location on various devices:
1. For iOS and Android Devices
If you are interested in changing your location on your iOS and Android devices, the following methods are aligned for you:
Method 1: A tested way - Dr.Fone - Virtual location
Dr.Fone – Virtual Location is an application designed for Android and iOS devices. This application assists in teleporting the GPS location to any other location easily. With this location changer, you can fake your location and enjoy the content of different regions without having to travel anywhere. The following steps will guide you on how to change the TikTok country location with Dr.Fone – Virtual location:
Step 1: Access the Location Changer
The first step demands you download Dr. Fone's Virtual location and install it. Next, launch the program and click “Virtual location” from all the available options. Next, connect your Android or iPhone through any USB cable with your PC and tap on "Get Started."
Step 2: Access your Current Location
A new window will be opened, and your real location will be displayed on the Dr.Fone map. If you can't see it, click on the “Center On” icon at the right sidebar to show the location.
Step 3: Activate the Teleport Mode
Now, click on "Teleport Mode" by pressing the first icon on the upper-right side. Now, provide the place you want to teleport to in the search bar. Next, press the "Go" button and press the "Move Here" button from the popup box.
Step 4: Your Location is Changed
Now, the location of your iOS or Android phone has been fixed to the given location. So you can now enjoy your fake location content on TikTok while bypassing all the restrictions efficiently.
Method 2: Changing Language on TikTok to Access Content from Other Regions
TikTok only shows the content of languages that are native to your region. Fortunately, you are allowed to change the language on TikTok and access the content of that region. However, this method only shows the content of the selected area.
Therefore, you can't add the language of any such region which has banned the application. Instead, follow the given steps to change your language on TikTok and access the content peacefully:
Step 1: Open the TikTok application and select "Profile," written on the lower right-hand corner of the interface.
Step 2: Now, click on the three dots mentioned in the right-hand corner and access the “Settings and Privacy” of your TikTok account. Now, choose the “Content Preferences” option written under the “Content & Activity” section.
Step 3: Now, add the language that is native to your target region. Now, you will be able to access the content of the particular region.
Method 3: Changing your SIM Card to Change Location on Tiktok
TikTok uses the region code of your SIM card to display the content of your region on the feed. Therefore, it will be helpful if you buy a SIM card from another area and use it on your mobile phone to watch that region's content quickly. This process is as simple as choosing a fake location and buying a SIM card from that region.
You can do so by ordering an international SIM card through Amazon and putting your SIM in the mobile phone. Now, delete the cache and app data. Then, open TikTok and enjoy various content. Unfortunately, you will have to buy a phone with a dual SIM. Moreover, some SIM cards might not work in your region unless you buy a mobile plan.
2. For Computer
Now, let's discuss how to change your location on TikTok from your Computer. For this, we have introduced a VPN service that fakes the location on TikTok and helps you access content from different regions.
ExpressVPN is a top-notch VPN that provides blazing-fast speed for browsing, streaming, and playing games with unlimited bandwidth. You can connect to the service anywhere as the application's high-speed servers work across 94 countries. In addition, it protects user data by offering the best security and encryption.
With the given following steps, you can set up ExpressVPN on your computer and access unlimited TikTok content:
Step 1: Launch the ExpressVPN software and tap on the “On” button to utilize the service. Now, press the “Smart Location” option.
Step 2: Select the VPN server location from the “All Location” tab or “Recommended” tab.
Step 3: Once you are connected, you will be able to use TikTok and watch content from the selected region with enhanced privacy and security.
Part 4: FAQs about TikTok Location
1. Is it not legal to change the TikTok location?
It is legal to do so unless you are not misusing the application and watching objectional content from the region.
2. How to turn off the GPS on TikTok?
For Android devices, open the "Settings: and reach the "Location" tab. Now, press on the "App Permission" option and search for TikTok. Now, click on "Don't Allow."
For the iOS device, open the "Settings" app and click on "Privacy." Further, click on "Location Services" and find TikTok. Change the TikTok location setting to "Never."
3. Is it safe to use TikTok with a VPN?
Yes, TikTok will not be able to detect that you are using a VPN. Therefore, you will not be banned from using the application. It is safe to access TikTok with a VPN because it hides your IP address and location.
We have extensively concluded different methods involved in How to change location on TikTok. For iOS and Android devices, you can do so with the help of Dr.Fone. Besides, you can manually change your language or SIM card to access the content of the particular region. If you use a computer, you can use ExpressVPN and change the location of your device while hiding your IP address.
- Change Location on iPhone
- 1. Best Fake GPS Location Apps for iPhone
- 2. Fake GPS Location on iPhone
- 3. Change Home Address on iPhone
- 4. Change Weather Location on iPad
- 5. See Someone's Location on iPhone
- 6. Fix the iPhone GPS not Working Issue
- 7. Fix “No Location Found” on iPhone
- 8. Fix “Location Not Available” on iPhone
- 9. "No Location Found" Vs. "Location Not Available"
- Change Location on Android
- 1. Best Fake GPS Location Apps for Android
- 2. GPS on Android
- 3. Android Location Settings
- 4. Fake GPS No Root
- 5. Fake GPS on Huawei Safely
- 6. Fake Android GPS without Mock Location
- Hide Location on ios & Android
- 1. Fake Location on Find My iPhone
- 2. Fake Location on Find My Friends
- 3. Stop Google Tracking Your Location
- 4. Fake Location on Google Maps
- 5. Turn Off Life 360 Without Knowing
- 6. Stop Life360 from Tracking You
- 7. Life360 Circle: Tips & Tricks
- 8. Can Life360 Track You When Your Phone is Off
- 9. Fix Google Maps Voice Directions Not Working
- Pokemon GO Spoofing Tips
- 1. iSpoofer Alternative for Pokémon GO
- 2. Pokemon Go Hack iOS
- 3. Pokemon Go Hack Android
- 4. Flg Pokemon go
- 5. Pokémon GO scanner
- 6. Go-tcha Classic for Pokémon Go
- 7. Play Pokémon Go Without Moving
- 8. Hatch Eggs in Pokémon Go Without Walking
- 9. Fake Pokémon Go Location on iPhone
- 10. Pokémon Go Joystick Android No Root
- 11. Teleport in Pokémon GO
- 12. List of Pokémon Go Joysticks
- 13. Safest Pokémon GO Joystick
- 14. Does PokeGo++ still work
- 15. Pokemon Go iSpoofer & PokeGO++ Hack Cydia Impactor
- Pokémon GO Guides
- 1. Pokémon Go CP Calculator Tips
- 2. Pokémon Go Community Day
- 3. Top Pokemon in Pokémon Go
- 4. Get More Rare Candy in Pokémon Go
- 5. Pokémon Go Special Trade Tips
- 6. Get More Pokeballs in Pokémon Go
- 7. Pokémon Go Level-up Tips
- 8. Pokémon Go Lucky Trade Tips
- 9. Change Nickname in Pokémon Go
- 10. Pokémon Go Transferring Tips
- 11. Pokémon Go Trade Distance Guide
- 12. Pokémon Go Spotlight Hour Guide
- 13. Troubleshoot Pokemon GO Error 12
- 14. Pokémon Go Unable to Authenticate
- 15. Fix Pokémon Go Black Screen Error
- 16. Fix Pokémon Go Error 11 GPS Signal Not Found
- Fake GPS on Games
- 1. Top 15 Games like Pokémon Go
- 2. 6 Best GPS Games To Play Outdoors
- 3. Must-Have Apps for Harry Potter Fans
- 4. Spoof Harry Potter Wizards Unite
- 5. Wizards Unite Hacks and Cheats
- 6. Fake GPS in The Walking Dead
- 7. Tricks to Level Up in Walking Dead
- 8. Tips To Play Ingress Prime
- 9. Ingress vs. Ingress Prime Comparison
- 10. Spoof Ingress Prime Location
- 11. Spoof Location on Jurassic World Alive
- 12. Tips and Hacks for Captain Tsubasa
- 13. Captain Tsubasa Dream Team Player
- 14. Tips To Play The AR Game-Anomaly
- 15. Fake GPS on Mobile Legends
- Fake Location on Social Apps
- 1. Fake Location on Whatsapp
- 2. Fake Location on Facebook
- 3. Change Location on Facebook Dating
- 4. Change Location on Twitter
- 5. Fake Location on YikYak
- 6. Fake Location on Snapchat
- 7. Add Location Filters on Snapchat
- 8. Fake mSpy GPS
- 9. Fake Location on Tiktok
- 10. Change Instagram Region/Country
- 11. Change Instagram Business Location
- 12. Change Location on Twitter
- 13. Set Preferred Job Location on LinkedIn
- Fake Location on Dating Apps
- 1. Fake Hinge GPS
- 2. Top Funny Hinge Prompts
- 3. Apps Like Tinder
- 4. Enjoy Tinder Gold for Free
- 5. Fake Tinder GPS
- 6. Fix Tinder Keeps Crashing
- 7. Find People on Tinder by Name
- 8. Use Grindr on a PC
- 9. Grindr Web app explained
- 10. Fake Grindr GPS
- 11. Grindr Unable to Refresh
- 12. Fake Bumble GPS
- 13. Bumble Snooze Mode Guide
- 14. Tinder vs Bumble vs Hinge
- Get Around Geo-blocking