Differences Between "No Location Found" And "Location Not Available"
"What does it mean when someone's location on iPhone suddenly shows "Location Not Available"? Why does it say no location found on Find My iPhone?"
On Quora, there are many similar questions as above. Do you have the same question? The Find My app on iPhone has become a powerful tool for locating lost or misplaced devices and tracking the location of family and friends. While using the app, encountering messages like "No Location Found" or "Location Not Available" could be quite challenging. Understanding the distinctions between these messages within the Find My app is crucial for effectively managing and understanding location information. In this article, we will explore the differences between "No Location Found" and "Location Not Available" within the Find My app on iPhone and will potentially address solutions to these problems.
- Part 1: What Does "Location Not Available" Mean in Find My App?
- Part 2: What Does "No Location Found" Mean in Find My App?
- Part 3: "No Location Found" vs. "Location Not Available": What's the Difference?
- Part 4: How to Fix "No Location Found" or "Location Not Available" in Find My App?
- Part 5: FAQs about Find My App iPhone
- Bonus Tips: How to Fake Location in Find My App?
Part 1: What Does "Location Not Available" Mean in Find My App?
1.1 Understanding the "Location Not Available" Error
iPhone returning with the error "Location Not Available" involves issues caused by the device's GPS. Potentially, to answer the question of "What does Location Not Available mean" for iPhone users, this involves providing wrong information or glitches causing the issue and not providing any particular location of the user.
1.2 Why Does My iPhone Say, "Location Not Available?"
As we look into the causes of this error, we will find out some interesting points that are leading to this issue:
- Location Services are Turned Off: The "Location Services" of the iPhone device that will provide your location is disabled. Thus, it is not providing any location in the results when searched on Find My.
- Airplane Turned On or Device Not Working: It is possible that your phone's Airplane Mode is turned on, with the Wi-Fi services and cellular data turned off for the iPhone. In another case, it might be possible that you may have turned off their iOS device, which is not returning any location across the Find My App.
- Incorrect Date and Time Settings: The "Date & Time Settings" of the iPhone are not set properly. You may have tried to manually set the date, time, and the appropriate zone that the iPhone has to follow. Technical anomalies across the settings will cause issues with the device's location settings.
- Problems with Application or Device: There can be issues with the application that you are trying to operate across the iPhone, which will require a restart of the device. System issues can also cause glitches in functions like the location settings of the iPhone, which need to be restarted.
Part 2: What Does "No Location Found" Mean in Find My App?
2.1 Understanding the "No Location Found" Error
"What does No Location Found Mean" for iPhone users facing the respective error while searching for a location? While this issue directs to different scenarios involving both external and internal nature, this error explains the absence of any location recorded by the Find My App. Conveniently speaking, this error displays the unavailability of a location for an iPhone, which is why it shows such an error.
2.2 Why Does My iPhone Say, "No Location Found?"
Many potential reasons are believed to cause the no location found iPhone. Let's find out why this error is happening across your iPhone:
- Location Not Being Shared: If you cannot find the location of your friend across the Find My App, there is a possibility that they've stopped sharing the location at any time. When this happens, you won't be able to check out their live location coordinates, as the other user has voluntarily abstained from the option of showing their location to someone else.
- Device Ran Out of Battery: iPhones are smartphone devices that can run out of battery. While the iPhone needs to be activated to communicate properly, having the iPhone run out of battery leaves with this error when their location is searched. The Find My app would duly fail to access the device when it runs out of battery.
- iCloud Removed from Device: iPhone provides the "Share My Location" option for Find My users who have connected their iCloud account with their device. If somehow they remove the iCloud account from their phone, all connections with the iPhone are deleted. This also includes the Find My service, which eliminates the location services from the device. You would now be unable to observe any location coordinates of the device.
- Find My Not Working Properly: Glitches in the Find My service can also cause the problem of the "No Location Found" error with the iPhone. You won't get any location results if the primary source has issues that cannot be quickly resolved. At times, this directs back to the server, which might take some time to correct.
Part 3: "No Location Found" vs. "Location Not Available": What's the Difference?
The "No Location Found" and "Location Not Available" errors have a very thin line of difference among them. While both errors involve the inaccessibility of the location services, some causes also display similarities among them. However, there still is a difference in the errors, which is marked by the following table. With the presented distinctions, you can specify the difference between "No Location Found" and "Location Not Available."
|No Location Found||Location Not Available|
|Occurs when iPhone is turned off or is offline||The Find My App is turned on but is failing to update the user's current location.|
|The device will be blank in color.||The device will have a color and will not be generic.|
|Location Services across the iPhone might not be turned on.||The "Location Services" and "Share My Location" features on iPhone are active and running.|
|It does not update the location of the person in seconds.||The location is updated within seconds once the service is resumed.|
Part 4: How to Fix "No Location Found" or "Location Not Available" in Find My App?
We shall now start with an overview of the fixes that can be utilized to resolve the location errors in the Find My App. While the provided solutions are pretty comprehensive, different solutions can be appropriate for both problems. Thus, keep a check on the fixes and select the best option that suits your nature.
Fix 1: Checking the Apple's System Status Page
The first thing you can do to check the location problems across the iPhone is to look into the status of Find My across Apple servers through Apple's System Status page. Before you lead to perform any other action across your iPhone, it is highly possible that the problem lies across the Apple Servers. If the service is not operational, you will find a red or yellow dot across it. Find My can be down, which is why all location errors occur across your iPhone. For that, you have to wait for a while before the service starts running again.
Fix 2: Change the Network Connections to Refreshing Network Settings
It is not vital to go for complicated procedures from the very start to resolve the problems of "No Location Found iPhone". You can seek the resolution of this problem across the network settings of your iPhone. First, if you've connected your iPhone to a Wi-Fi network, you can shift to the cellular data network or another Wi-Fi network. Try turning off and on the services to resolve the problems across them. Changing the network settings would be effective in fixing location errors if they occur due to network inefficiencies.
Fix 3: Turn off the Airplane Mode across your iPhone
'Does "No Location Found" mean their phone died' is the question one might have if they face location errors while looking for their exact location. This might not be the case, as it is possible that one might have left their Airplane Mode on. Thus, the only best way to avoid this is to turn off the Airplane mode across the iPhone. To execute this flawlessly, you need to look ahead to these simple steps:
Step 1: Access the "Settings" of your iPhone to open the list of options available. Lead through them to find "Airplane Mode" in the list.
Step 2: You have to turn off the toggle adjacent to the "Airplane Mode" option for turning it off.
Fix 4: Set the Appropriate Date and Time of the Phone
The date and time settings are essential in defining the iPhone's location. Having the correct date and time settings is vital in avoiding issues like "Location Not Available" on your iPhone. To prevent this from happening, you have to set the date and time of your iPhone, which can be done as follows:
Step 1: Open the "Settings" of your iPhone and look for "General" settings in the list of options.
Step 2: As you lead next, find the "Date & Time" settings in the options to access your iPhone's date and time settings.
Step 3: You must turn off the toggle adjacent to the "Set Automatically" option. Next, proceed to the "Time Zone" option and find the name of your city to specify the time correctly.
Fix 5: Try Restarting your iPhone
If the location errors are not resolving under any defined solution, you might have to restart your iPhone. This fixes all the prevailing glitches within the device, and it would be best to restart your device. However, the steps for restarting the iPhone differ depending on your model. Let's look into the instructions to understand the prevailing differences:
For iPhone with Home Button
Step 1: To turn off an iPhone with the Home button, you have to hold the "Power" button on the side.
Step 2: This opens a new screen where you have to turn off the iPhone with the slider. As it turns off, use the Power button to start the iPhone again.
For iPhone without Home Button
Step 1: iPhones without the Home button can be turned off using any "Volume" button and the "Power" button. You have to hold both buttons simultaneously until the slider screen appears.
Step 2: Once you turn off the iPhone, you need to wait a few seconds and start the iPhone by holding the Power button for a few seconds.
Fix 6: Enable Location Services From iPhone Settings
'Does "No Location Found" mean they stopped sharing' might be the question you would seek when you constantly are facing issues with finding a location across the Find My app. This is quite possible as the Location Services across the iPhone might be turned off for no particular reason. To resolve this problem, you have to follow the resolution to this problem with the following steps:
Step 1: Launch the "Settings" application on the iPhone and proceed into the "Privacy & Security" settings available in the list.
Step 2: As you lead into the next screen, find "Location Services" among the options. On accessing the "Location Services" settings, ensure that the toggle adjacent to the "Location Services" option is turned on.
Fix 7: Turning On Precise Location on iPhone
As location issues across the iPhone involve the location settings, you can also look into the "Precise Location" option for resolving the prevailing problems of the iPhone. To execute this properly and avoid all pertinent issues that are preventing you from getting a proper location across Find My, you must follow the steps to turn on Precise Location on your iPhone:
Step 1: You must open the "Settings" of your iPhone and search for the "Privacy & Security" option within the menu. Next, redirect to the "Location Services" section and turn it on with the available toggle.
Step 2: Following this, you need to scroll down in the same section and look for "Find My" in the options. As you proceed next, you must confirm that the blue tick is across the "Ask Time or When I Share" or "While Using the App" option. Next, ensure that the toggle of "Precise Location" is turned on.
Fix 8: Quickly Fix Find My Friends Location Not Available or No Location Found with Tool
Considering there is no particular solution that resolves the problems of location settings across your iPhone, you need to have a contingency plan prepared for it. Rather than taking some extreme measures, you can have the option of fixing this issue with the help of Dr.Fone - System Repair (iOS). This tool is designed to provide users with an all-in-one repair facility that fixes all iPhone problems without hindrance.
Dr.Fone - System Repair (iOS) provides the facility of keeping the device's data intact while resolving all the issues that are stopping it from functioning efficiently. You can consider using this tool to solve location issues and errors across Find My.
Step 1: Download Launch "System Repair" Tool on your computer > Choose "iPhone" and "iOS Repair".
Step 2: Select Standard Mode and proceed to put the device in Recovery Mode to start downloading iOS firmware.
Step 3: Click "Repair Now" to start the recovery process and let the iOS firmware install on the iPhone. Once done, tap "Done" to conclude fixing the iPhone.
Part 5: FAQs about Find My App iPhone
1. Does "Location Not Available" mean they turned it off?
Yes, if you are facing the problem of "Location Not Available" while using the Find My service, it might be related to the device being turned off. However, this is not the only case, as other issues might lead to such an error, such as networking errors and software glitches.
2. Does "No Location Found" mean they stopped sharing?
Yes, if you are facing the problem of "No Location Found" while searching for a location, it might mean that the user has stopped sharing it. However, there can be other anomalies, such as the unnecessary closure of some functions or other software problems that lead to such location errors.
3. How to Share Location with Family or Friends in Find My?
Find the steps below to share your location with someone using the Find My app:
1. Open the Find My app > Tap the "People" tab and "Start Sharing Location” button.
2. Choose the contact you want to share the location.
3. Choose "Share Indefinitely", "Share Until End of Day" or "Share Only for One Hour." and send the invitation.
4. How to Freeze Location on Find My iPhone?
If you wish to freeze the location on Find My app, you will have to open the "Privacy & Security" settings on your iPhone and close down the Location Services to freeze the location.
5. How to Prevent Your Phone from being tracked?
To prevent getting tracked, you can use the Dr.Fone - Virtual Location tool to spoof your iPhone location anywhere in the world. This is how you can prevent other users from tracking your location.
6. How to Know if Someone Turned off Their Location on iPhone?
You can check this option across the Find My app, which provides you with the list of People that have activated their location. If you cannot find the specific user in the list, it means that they have turned off their location on their iPhone.
Bonus Tips: How to Fake Location in Find My App?
Now you know the causes and the solutions on how to fix the "No Location Found" and "Location Not Available" messages on your phone. But let us say, what if we want our current location to be kept secret and would like to send a fake location to our friends and family. You can either do this to play with your friends or make them believe that you are in another place.
You can do that in our app, "Dr. Fone - Virtual Location", which allows you to share a fake location with your friends. You can use this application as security or just to play a joke with your friends and family.
Dr.Fone - Virtual Location
1-Click Location Changer for both iOS and Android
- Teleport from one location to another across the world from the comfort of your home.
- With just a few selections on your computer, you can make members of your circle believe you’re anywhere you want.
- Stimulate and imitate movement and set the speed and stops you take along the way.
- Compatible with both iOS and Android systems.
- Work with location-based apps, like Pokemon Go, Snapchat, Instagram, Facebook, etc.
You can use this application by following the steps below:
Step 1: Download the Wondershare Dr. Fone and choose "Virtual Location".
Step 2: Turn on the "Teleport Mode" by clicking on the first icon and typing the location that you want, then clicking on the "Go" icon.
Step 3: Click on "Move Here" and your current location will show up as the location that you typed on your mobile phone.
We have provided you with a detailed overview of what does no location found mean and what does location not available mean. As you face the error of "No Location Found" or "Location Not Available" across your iPhone, there are different cases and scenarios you might look into. This is what the article provides in the complete guide. If you are still facing location errors, you can consider using Dr.Fone - System Repair (iOS) to repair the problems with your iPhone.
- Change iOS Location
- 1. Best iOS Location Changers
- 2. Fake iPhone GPS Location
- 3. Change iPhone Home Address
- 4. Change iPad Weather Location
- 5. See Someone's Location on iPhone
- 6. iPhone GPS not Working
- 7. iPhone “No Location Found”
- 8. iPhone “Location Not Available”
- 9. "No Location Found" Vs."Location Not Available"
- 10. iTools Alternatives
- 11. DoPokeGo++ Alternatives
- 12. 3uTools Alternatives
- 13. Foneazy MockGo Alternatives
- Change Android Location
- 1. Best Android Fake GPS Apps
- 2. Free Android Location Spoofers
- 3. Fake Android GPS Location
- 4. Android Location Settings
- 5. Fake GPS No Root
- 6. Fake GPS on Huawei
- 7. Fake GPS without Mock Location
- Hide GPS Location
- 1. Change Location on Find My iPhone
- 2. Fake Location on Find My Friends
- 3. Stop Google Tracking Your Location
- 4. Fake Location on Google Maps
- 5. Spoof Location on Life360
- 6. Turn Off Life 360 Without Knowing
- 7. Stop Life360 from Tracking You
- 8. Life360 Circle: Tips & Tricks
- 9. Can Life360 Track You When Your Phone is Off
- 10. Fix Google Maps Voice Directions Not Working
- 11. Stop From Being Tracked
- Fake GPS on Games
- 1. Play Pokémon Go Without Moving
- 2. Spoof Harry Potter Wizards Unite
- 3. Fake GPS in The Walking Dead
- 4. Spoof Ingress Prime Location
- 5. Spoof Location on Jurassic World Alive
- 6. Fake GPS on Mobile Legends
- Fake Location on Social Apps
- 1. Fake Location on Whatsapp
- 2. Fake Location on Facebook
- 3. Fake Location on Telegram
- 4. Fake Location on Tiktok
- 5. Fake Location on YikYak
- 6. Fake Location on Snapchat
- 7. Add Location Filters on Snapchat
- 8. Change Location on Twitter
- 9. Change Instagram Business Location
- 10. Change Instagram Region/Country
- 11. Stop mSpy from Spying You
- 12. Set Preferred Job Location on LinkedIn
- Fake Location on Dating Apps
- 1. Fake Hinge GPS
- 2. Top Funny Hinge Prompts
- 3. Apps Like Tinder
- 4. Enjoy Tinder Gold
- 5. Fake Tinder GPS
- 6.Tinder Keeps Crashing
- 7. Find People on Tinder
- 8. Use Grindr on a PC
- 9. Grindr Web app explained
- 10. Fake Grindr GPS
- 11. Grindr Unable to Refresh
- 12. Fake Bumble GPS
- 13. Bumble Snooze Mode Guide
- 14. Tinder vs Bumble vs Hinge
- Get Around Geo-blocking