How to Fix iPhone Find My Friends No Location Found?
In this time of modern technology, it is hard to be away from your phone or even leave it at home. When any task that we plan to do, usually already have an application released for the sole purpose of doing that task and needing to do it on your phone. When we message our friends, have a video call with our family, or just simply order food to eat at home, you can do all of them on the device in your palm.
Another advantage of having our phones with us all the time is that you can also see the current location of either your friend or family. For Apple phone users, they have an app that is called "Find My Friends" that will show you the locations of the people that you are tracking. But what if you cannot find the location of the friend? We will find out the causes as to why no location can be found and how you can fix this in just a few simple steps.
Part 1: Why does an iPhone say "no location found"?
When you are searching for your friend's current location and it shows that "no location found", there could be numerous reasons as to why that is happening. We have listed down the possible reasons why there is no location found.
Option #1: Your friend has not signed in to the "Find My Friends" application. Make sure that they are registered in the application before tracking their location.
Option #2: The other person's mobile is not connected to the internet or their phone is off. This could also be another common reason why you cannot see their location.
Option #3: Make sure that their "Location Services" is turned on. Some users would turn this feature off which hinders the application from checking their current location.
Option #4: The other user must have set up the wrong date and time. If the date and time do not correspond to the global time, then it will cause problems and difficulty with tracking that user.
Option #5: The application might not have been enabled under "Location Services". Make sure that the application has the permission to track your current location and you can do this by following the steps below.
- Step 1: Go to "Settings" and then "Privacy".
- Step 2: You can then go to "Location Services" and make sure that the application "Find My Friends" is enabled to track your location.
Part 2: Tips To Fix "No Location Found" Available
If you encounter an issue that says "No Location Found", there are numerous ways you can fix the "No Location Found" message on "Find My Friends" and we will share them with you.
Option #1: Adjust your phone's date and time. You can reset your time by following the steps.
- Step 1: Go to "Settings" and choose "General".
- Step 2: Then click on "Date & Time" and you can manually or automatically set the time.
Option #2: Make sure that you or the other user is connected to the internet. Double-check if your phone is connected to the internet.
Option #3: Turn off and turn on your "Location Services". Usually, this simple troubleshooting can fix this issue, you can try this out and check if you can see their location now. They can turn it on by following the steps below.
- Step 1: Go to "Settings" and choose "Privacy".
- Step 2: After, you can look for "Location Services" and enable it.
Option #4: Enable "Location Services" for the "Find My Friends" application. There could be instances where your "Location Services" is not enabled for the application.
Part 3: How to Share Your Location with Find My Friends App?
If you want to share your location in the "Find My Friends" application, you can do that by following the steps below.
- Step 1: Open the "Find My Friends" application and select "People".
- Step 2: Then you can tap on "Share My Location" and from there, you can type the phone number of the person you want to share your location too. You can also specify the amount of time you will share your location.
Part 4: How to Share a Fake Location to Others in Find App?
Sometimes we want our location to be kept secret and send a fake one to our friends and family. You can do that in our app, "Dr. Fone - Virtual Location" which allows you to share a fake location with your friends.
1-Click Location Changer for both iOS and Android
- Teleport from one location to another across the world from the comfort of your home.
- With just a few selections on your computer, you can make members of your circle believe you’re anywhere you want.
- Stimulate and imitate movement and set the speed and stops you take along the way.
- Compatible with both iOS and Android systems.
- Work with location-based apps, like Pokemon Go, Snapchat, Instagram, Facebook, etc.
You can use this application by following the steps below.
Step 1: Download the "Dr. Fone - Virtual Location" software on your laptop. Open and choose "Virtual Location".
Step 2: You can then connect your phone to your computer and click on "Get Started".
Step 3: You will then be redirected to your current location on the new page.
Step 4: If you want to change your location, you will need to turn on the "Teleportation" mode by clicking on the first icon, typing the location you want, and then clicking on the "Go" icon.
Step 5: Click on "Move Here" and your current location will show up as the location that you typed on your mobile phone.
We hope the tips we shared helped fix the "No Location Found" issue on your phone. Sometimes basic troubleshooting such as restarting your phone or turning off and on your GPS. You can also use our tip to use a fake location that you can send to your friends if you want to play a prank on them.
Other Popular Articles From Wondershare
- Change Location on iPhone
- 1. Best Fake GPS Location Apps for iPhone
- 2. Fake GPS Location on iPhone
- 3. Change Home Address on iPhone
- 4. Change Weather Location on iPad
- 5. See Someone's Location on iPhone
- 6. Fix the iPhone GPS not Working Issue
- 7. Fix “No Location Found” on iPhone
- 8. Fix “Location Not Available” on iPhone
- 9. "No Location Found" Vs. "Location Not Available"
- Change Location on Android
- 1. Best Fake GPS Location Apps for Android
- 2. GPS on Android
- 3. Android Location Settings
- 4. Fake GPS No Root
- 5. Fake GPS on Huawei Safely
- 6. Fake Android GPS without Mock Location
- Hide Location on ios & Android
- 1. Fake Location on Find My iPhone
- 2. Fake Location on Find My Friends
- 3. Stop Google Tracking Your Location
- 4. Fake Location on Google Maps
- 5. Turn Off Life 360 Without Knowing
- 6. Stop Life360 from Tracking You
- 7. Life360 Circle: Tips & Tricks
- 8. Can Life360 Track You When Your Phone is Off
- 9. Fix Google Maps Voice Directions Not Working
- Pokemon GO Spoofing Tips
- 1. iSpoofer Alternative for Pokémon GO
- 2. Pokemon Go Hack iOS
- 3. Pokemon Go Hack Android
- 4. Flg Pokemon go
- 5. Pokémon GO scanner
- 6. Go-tcha Classic for Pokémon Go
- 7. Play Pokémon Go Without Moving
- 8. Hatch Eggs in Pokémon Go Without Walking
- 9. Fake Pokémon Go Location on iPhone
- 10. Pokémon Go Joystick Android No Root
- 11. Teleport in Pokémon GO
- 12. List of Pokémon Go Joysticks
- 13. Safest Pokémon GO Joystick
- 14. Does PokeGo++ still work
- 15. Pokemon Go iSpoofer & PokeGO++ Hack Cydia Impactor
- Pokémon GO Guides
- 1. Pokémon Go CP Calculator Tips
- 2. Pokémon Go Community Day
- 3. Top Pokemon in Pokémon Go
- 4. Get More Rare Candy in Pokémon Go
- 5. Pokémon Go Special Trade Tips
- 6. Get More Pokeballs in Pokémon Go
- 7. Pokémon Go Level-up Tips
- 8. Pokémon Go Lucky Trade Tips
- 9. Change Nickname in Pokémon Go
- 10. Pokémon Go Transferring Tips
- 11. Pokémon Go Trade Distance Guide
- 12. Pokémon Go Spotlight Hour Guide
- 13. Troubleshoot Pokemon GO Error 12
- 14. Pokémon Go Unable to Authenticate
- 15. Fix Pokémon Go Black Screen Error
- 16. Fix Pokémon Go Error 11 GPS Signal Not Found
- Fake GPS on Games
- 1. Top 15 Games like Pokémon Go
- 2. 6 Best GPS Games To Play Outdoors
- 3. Must-Have Apps for Harry Potter Fans
- 4. Spoof Harry Potter Wizards Unite
- 5. Wizards Unite Hacks and Cheats
- 6. Fake GPS in The Walking Dead
- 7. Tricks to Level Up in Walking Dead
- 8. Tips To Play Ingress Prime
- 9. Ingress vs. Ingress Prime Comparison
- 10. Spoof Ingress Prime Location
- 11. Spoof Location on Jurassic World Alive
- 12. Tips and Hacks for Captain Tsubasa
- 13. Captain Tsubasa Dream Team Player
- 14. Tips To Play The AR Game-Anomaly
- 15. Fake GPS on Mobile Legends
- Fake Location on Social Apps
- 1. Fake Location on Whatsapp
- 2. Fake Location on Facebook
- 3. Change Location on Facebook Dating
- 4. Change Location on Twitter
- 5. Fake Location on YikYak
- 6. Fake Location on Snapchat
- 7. Add Location Filters on Snapchat
- 8. Fake mSpy GPS
- 9. Fake Location on Tiktok
- 10. Change Instagram Region/Country
- 11. Change Instagram Business Location
- 12. Change Location on Twitter
- 13. Set Preferred Job Location on LinkedIn
- Fake Location on Dating Apps
- 1. Fake Hinge GPS
- 2. Top Funny Hinge Prompts
- 3. Apps Like Tinder
- 4. Enjoy Tinder Gold for Free
- 5. Fake Tinder GPS
- 6. Fix Tinder Keeps Crashing
- 7. Find People on Tinder by Name
- 8. Use Grindr on a PC
- 9. Grindr Web app explained
- 10. Fake Grindr GPS
- 11. Grindr Unable to Refresh
- 12. Fake Bumble GPS
- 13. Bumble Snooze Mode Guide
- 14. Tinder vs Bumble vs Hinge
- Get Around Geo-blocking