How to Fix iPhone Find My Friends Location Not Available?
There is no doubt that Find My Friends is an excellent application for location tracking. It allows users to track the location of their friends and family members through a variety of devices. So, when Find My Friends says the location is not available, it can be a frustrating situation. But don't stress over this because we are here to assist you in Find My Friends not working. Go through this guide, and you'll know what to do to take care of the problem.
Part 1: Possible Reasons For Find My Friends Location iPhone Not Available:
Why does it say location not available on Find My Friends? Before we get to the solutions, let's explore the possible reasons behind this problem. It is apparent that when the location is not found on Find My Friends, there is an underlying problem. Here are the possible reasons that could cause this error:
- Your friend's device has an inaccurate date
- The other device isn't connected to a network, or it's off
- Hide My Location feature is active on your friend's phone
- The Location Services are also turned off on the friend's device
- Your friend hasn't signed in to the service
- The location of your friend is in a country or region where Apple doesn't provide this feature
- There is a glitch in your phone
All these reasons can be the ones causing trouble on your iPhone and Android phones. Hence, you will have to look for some conventional methods to fix the unavailable location error.
Part 2: 8 Tips To Make "Find My Friends Location" Available:
When the Find My Friends app location is not available, here are some more tips that can help get rid of this issue.
Tip 1: Check if Find My Friends is Supported in Region/Country:
The foremost thing you should do when the Find My Friends location is not available is to check the region/country's location. Apple Inc still hasn't provided the Find My Friends feature in all countries and regions due to local laws and technical issues. So, the most plausible reason for the app not working properly is sole because it is not available in that particular country/region.
Tip 2: Quit and enable GPS or Location Services again:
After verifying that the feature is available in your region, enable the GPS & Location Services. In case you've already enabled the feature, turn it off, quit the app, and again enable the service. It might fix the location not found on the Find My Friends issue you've been facing. Just open Settings > Privacy > Location Services and toggle the bar to turn the feature on or off.
Tip 3: Adjust iPhone Date and Time:
As we stated in the possible reasons, incorrect dates and times also result in this problem. If you have manually set the date and time, change the settings and set it to "Set Automatically" in General Settings. Hopefully, this will resolve the problem when the Find My Friends location is not found.
Tip 4: Check the Internet:
Before you conclude that there is something wrong with the Find My Friends app, check your internet connection. There is a chance that location is not available on the iPhone because your device doesn't have internet access. Try opening Settings > Mobile Data/Wi-Fi and turning it on and off. Alongside, make sure that you have signal strength, whether you are connecting to cellular data or a Wi-Fi network.
Tip 5: Enable Share My Location:
Another tip to try out when your friend's location is not available is to make certain that you've enabled Share My Location feature. To do this, follow the steps given below:
Step 1: For iPhone users: get to the "Settings" app and go to iCloud Settings. You will find the "Location Services" feature, click on it, and see the "Share My Location" feature.
Toggle on the option to enable it. Once the feature is enabled, your friends will see your location, and you can see theirs.
For Android users, go to "Settings" > "Additional settings" > "Privacy" > "Location", and choose the location mode to enable it.
Tip 6: Restart the iPhone or Android Phones:
The next tip to use when Find My Friends says location not available is restarting your phone. For most devices, the method is common. But for iPhone X and 11, the steps are slightly different. For other iPhone models, press the Power button and wait until the slider appears. For iPhone X and 11/12/13/14, you'll have to hold the Volume button and the Power button together to make the slider appear on the screen.
Drag the Power slider to the right side and wait for the device to shut down. Wait for a minute before you restart the device, and hopefully, the feature will start working again as usual.
Tip 7: Check That Your Friend Has Signed into Find My Friends:
Another tip that can help you resolve to Find My Friends location not found is checking that your friend has signed into the app. It is apparent that if your friend hasn't logged into the feature, you won't access his/her location.
Open the Find Friends app, log into it, and enable the location-sharing feature.
Tip 8: Quit Find My Friends App and Open It Again:
Last but not least valuable tip to use when the Find Friends location is not available is to quit the app. There is a possibility that you've faced the problem only because of a momentary issue or some random glitch. Make sure that you also clear the cache memory before opening the app again. It might fix the problem entirely.
Extension: Can I send the fake location by Find Friends to others?
With Dr. Fone - Virtual Location software, you will be able to share a fake or any location you want with your friends and family. Alongside this, Dr. Fone will also pace up your movement to ensure that your friends and family members won't find out that you share fake locations with them. The video below teaches you how to teleport your iPhone GPS location, and more tips and tricks can be found in the Wondershare Video Community.
Here is a video for you to learn how to fix iPhone Find My Friends location not available:
To use Dr.Fone - Virtual Location, here are the steps you need to follow:
Step 1: Download the virtual location app for both iOS and Android and install it on your system carefully. Then, launch the app and select the "Virtual Location" option from the toolkit.
Step 2: The next step is to set up the phone's connection. Connect your iPhone and click on the "Get Started" button. Now, detect your actual location by clicking on the "Center On" icon.
Step 3: Now go to the search box and type the location you want to switch to your actual location. Once the location gets detected, click on the "Move Here" option, and the location of your iPhone or Android phone will change to the one you specified.
As you can see, when you have Dr.Fone - Virtual Location software, you can share any location with just one click. And it would seem that your Find My Friends app is working fine.
Hopefully, now you know "why is find my friends not working" and several ways to fix the Find Friends location not available. In this guide, we learned all these tips to be easy for iPhone users to rectify the issues with the Find Friends app. Check all the tips carefully and implement them whenever you face issues like this.
- Change Location on iPhone
- 1. Best Fake GPS Location Apps for iPhone
- 2. Fake GPS Location on iPhone
- 3. Change Home Address on iPhone
- 4. Change Weather Location on iPad
- 5. See Someone's Location on iPhone
- 6. Fix the iPhone GPS not Working Issue
- 7. Fix “No Location Found” on iPhone
- 8. Fix “Location Not Available” on iPhone
- 9. "No Location Found" Vs. "Location Not Available"
- Change Location on Android
- 1. Best Fake GPS Location Apps for Android
- 2. GPS on Android
- 3. Android Location Settings
- 4. Fake GPS No Root
- 5. Fake GPS on Huawei Safely
- 6. Fake Android GPS without Mock Location
- Hide Location on ios & Android
- 1. Fake Location on Find My iPhone
- 2. Fake Location on Find My Friends
- 3. Stop Google Tracking Your Location
- 4. Fake Location on Google Maps
- 5. Turn Off Life 360 Without Knowing
- 6. Stop Life360 from Tracking You
- 7. Life360 Circle: Tips & Tricks
- 8. Can Life360 Track You When Your Phone is Off
- 9. Fix Google Maps Voice Directions Not Working
- Pokemon GO Spoofing Tips
- 1. iSpoofer Alternative for Pokémon GO
- 2. Pokemon Go Hack iOS
- 3. Pokemon Go Hack Android
- 4. Flg Pokemon go
- 5. Pokémon GO scanner
- 6. Go-tcha Classic for Pokémon Go
- 7. Play Pokémon Go Without Moving
- 8. Hatch Eggs in Pokémon Go Without Walking
- 9. Fake Pokémon Go Location on iPhone
- 10. Pokémon Go Joystick Android No Root
- 11. Teleport in Pokémon GO
- 12. List of Pokémon Go Joysticks
- 13. Safest Pokémon GO Joystick
- 14. Does PokeGo++ still work
- 15. Pokemon Go iSpoofer & PokeGO++ Hack Cydia Impactor
- Pokémon GO Guides
- 1. Pokémon Go CP Calculator Tips
- 2. Pokémon Go Community Day
- 3. Top Pokemon in Pokémon Go
- 4. Get More Rare Candy in Pokémon Go
- 5. Pokémon Go Special Trade Tips
- 6. Get More Pokeballs in Pokémon Go
- 7. Pokémon Go Level-up Tips
- 8. Pokémon Go Lucky Trade Tips
- 9. Change Nickname in Pokémon Go
- 10. Pokémon Go Transferring Tips
- 11. Pokémon Go Trade Distance Guide
- 12. Pokémon Go Spotlight Hour Guide
- 13. Troubleshoot Pokemon GO Error 12
- 14. Pokémon Go Unable to Authenticate
- 15. Fix Pokémon Go Black Screen Error
- 16. Fix Pokémon Go Error 11 GPS Signal Not Found
- Fake GPS on Games
- 1. Top 15 Games like Pokémon Go
- 2. 6 Best GPS Games To Play Outdoors
- 3. Must-Have Apps for Harry Potter Fans
- 4. Spoof Harry Potter Wizards Unite
- 5. Wizards Unite Hacks and Cheats
- 6. Fake GPS in The Walking Dead
- 7. Tricks to Level Up in Walking Dead
- 8. Tips To Play Ingress Prime
- 9. Ingress vs. Ingress Prime Comparison
- 10. Spoof Ingress Prime Location
- 11. Spoof Location on Jurassic World Alive
- 12. Tips and Hacks for Captain Tsubasa
- 13. Captain Tsubasa Dream Team Player
- 14. Tips To Play The AR Game-Anomaly
- 15. Fake GPS on Mobile Legends
- Fake Location on Social Apps
- 1. Fake Location on Whatsapp
- 2. Fake Location on Facebook
- 3. Change Location on Facebook Dating
- 4. Change Location on Twitter
- 5. Fake Location on YikYak
- 6. Fake Location on Snapchat
- 7. Add Location Filters on Snapchat
- 8. Fake mSpy GPS
- 9. Fake Location on Tiktok
- 10. Change Instagram Region/Country
- 11. Change Instagram Business Location
- 12. Change Location on Twitter
- 13. Set Preferred Job Location on LinkedIn
- Fake Location on Dating Apps
- 1. Fake Hinge GPS
- 2. Top Funny Hinge Prompts
- 3. Apps Like Tinder
- 4. Enjoy Tinder Gold for Free
- 5. Fake Tinder GPS
- 6. Fix Tinder Keeps Crashing
- 7. Find People on Tinder by Name
- 8. Use Grindr on a PC
- 9. Grindr Web app explained
- 10. Fake Grindr GPS
- 11. Grindr Unable to Refresh
- 12. Fake Bumble GPS
- 13. Bumble Snooze Mode Guide
- 14. Tinder vs Bumble vs Hinge
- Get Around Geo-blocking