How to Fix the iPhone GPS not Working Issue
Many people are claiming that their iPhone GPS is not working properly. It doesn't matter which iPhone model you own, GPS not working problem can occur in any iPhone and time. The reason behind this could be a network issue, hardware issues, firmware, or any other.
But the good news is that you can easily fix the location not found issue on iPhone with the help of some effective tips and apps like Dr.Fone. In this article, we have discussed the tricks to resolve the location not found problem on iPhone.
Part 1: Different Ways to Fix iPhone GPS Not Working Issue
There are a number of ways you can try to get your GPS to work again on the iPhone. Here are the effective ways that you can try. Take a look!
1.1 Check The Signals of iPhone or Network
The most common reason for GPS not working on iPhone is the weak signal. When you're in a close building or in a building away from the network tower range, then GPS has a problem in obtaining the right s ignals.
So, first, check the iPhone signals and goes to some place where the signal power is good.
1.2 Checkout for the Location Services
Make sure that the location services in iPhone enable. If Location Services disable, GPS cannot work properly. To make sure location settings enable, follow the following steps:
From your home screen, go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services. Turn off Location Services.
Now, restart or soft reset your iPhone with these steps:
- Press and hold the Power button and either Volume Up or Down buttons simultaneously to get Power off the menu
- Now slide the Power off slider to turn off the iPhone. After a few seconds, press and hold the Power button to turn on the device.
- Again go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services menu.
- Finally, switch ON Location Services.
- Under Location, Service-enabled apps make sure that the switch for maps/location apps is enable or on.
- Go maps/GPS app > Settings > Test GPS to see if your location has been updated or not.
1.3 Look for the Installed GPS app
If your iPhone is unable to find correct location information after the above two steps, it is possible that the problem is with the app. There might be something wrong with your Maps, Weather, or other GPS apps that are installed in your iPhone.
To fix the problem, quit and restart the app can help. Here are the steps to do so:
- First, go to the device's Settings > Privacy > Location Services to view the apps that can access your location.
- From those apps, tap on any app to ensure that it has permission to access the location services.
- Also, you can update the malfunctioning app through the App Store. For example, if Google Maps is not working on your iPhone, then go to the App Store page and update it.
Note: If you have GPS problems only with a specific app, then try updating that app.
1.4 Reset network data and location
If none of the above worked, then there might be a problem with network information. There is no reason why it happens, but sometimes cellular networks can affect GPS connections. To fix this type of issue, you will need to reset your network data with the following steps:
- Go to Settings > General > Reset
- Now, tap on the blue Reset Location & Privacy button and the Reset Network Settings button.
- It is better to clear both networks as well as location information. It is because the iPhone may use your cellular towers to set location rather than depending on only a GPS signal.
- After this, reconnect the device to Wi-Fi networks manually and re-configure network settings, hopefully, your GPS starts work properly after this step.
1.5 Enable Airplane Mode on iPhone
GPS and location services work according to network and, therefore, may stop working whenever network error occurs. The simple way to clear out random network issues is to toggle to Airplane Mode. Here are the steps to do so:
- Go to Settings > Airplane Mode menu
- Now, toggle the switch to turn on Airplane mode. This will turn off network-related apps and other network-related services on the phone.
- At end perform a soft reset of iPhone
- Again go back to Settings > Airplane mode > toggle the switch to turn off again
1.6 Check Date & Time settings
The issue with location update also related to traveling to a new location with a different time zone. To fix this, you need to set the date and time settings to set automatically. Here are the steps that you need to follow for this:
Go to the settings > select general > tap date and time > select set it to automatically
After completing these steps, reboot or soft reset your iPhone and check if the location-related issue gets solved or not.
Part 2: Fix iPhone GPS Not Working with Dr.Fone Virtual Location app
If there is no big issue that is causing iPhone GPS, not working problems, then you can fix it with the help of dr.fone – Virtual Location (iOS). It is a reliable and safe app to use on iOS for location tracking.
This app will correct your iPhone's location manually via its user-friendly interface. In addition to this, you can also spoof your location with the Dr.Fone virtual app. It runs smoothly on all iOS and doesn't jailbreak the device.
It works smoothly with the latest iPhone model too and does not need any jailbreak access as well.
- You only need to download it and install it on your system. After this, connect your iPhone with the system.
- Now, the app will automatically detect your present location show it on the map. If not, you can set yourself.
- If your location is still wrong, go to the "Teleport Mode" and enter your location in the search bar.
- On the map, you can find out your location correctly.
This will automatically change the present location of your iPhone to the specified one.
We are sure that the above tips help you resolve the iPhone GPS not working problem. Whether you own the latest iPhone model or have iPhone 4, you can easily fix the location issue with the above tips. However, the simplest and easiest way to correct location is to use a reliable app like Dr. Fone virtual location.
- Change Location on iPhone
- 1. Best Fake GPS Location Apps for iPhone
- 2. Fake GPS Location on iPhone
- 3. Change Home Address on iPhone
- 4. Change Weather Location on iPad
- 5. See Someone's Location on iPhone
- 6. Fix the iPhone GPS not Working Issue
- 7. Fix “No Location Found” on iPhone
- 8. Fix “Location Not Available” on iPhone
- 9. "No Location Found" Vs. "Location Not Available"
- Change Location on Android
- 1. Best Fake GPS Location Apps for Android
- 2. GPS on Android
- 3. Android Location Settings
- 4. Fake GPS No Root
- 5. Fake GPS on Huawei Safely
- 6. Fake Android GPS without Mock Location
- Hide Location on ios & Android
- 1. Fake Location on Find My iPhone
- 2. Fake Location on Find My Friends
- 3. Stop Google Tracking Your Location
- 4. Fake Location on Google Maps
- 5. Turn Off Life 360 Without Knowing
- 6. Stop Life360 from Tracking You
- 7. Life360 Circle: Tips & Tricks
- 8. Can Life360 Track You When Your Phone is Off
- 9. Fix Google Maps Voice Directions Not Working
- Pokemon GO Spoofing Tips
- 1. iSpoofer Alternative for Pokémon GO
- 2. Pokemon Go Hack iOS
- 3. Pokemon Go Hack Android
- 4. Flg Pokemon go
- 5. Pokémon GO scanner
- 6. Go-tcha Classic for Pokémon Go
- 7. Play Pokémon Go Without Moving
- 8. Hatch Eggs in Pokémon Go Without Walking
- 9. Fake Pokémon Go Location on iPhone
- 10. Pokémon Go Joystick Android No Root
- 11. Teleport in Pokémon GO
- 12. List of Pokémon Go Joysticks
- 13. Safest Pokémon GO Joystick
- 14. Does PokeGo++ still work
- 15. Pokemon Go iSpoofer & PokeGO++ Hack Cydia Impactor
- Pokémon GO Guides
- 1. Pokémon Go CP Calculator Tips
- 2. Pokémon Go Community Day
- 3. Top Pokemon in Pokémon Go
- 4. Get More Rare Candy in Pokémon Go
- 5. Pokémon Go Special Trade Tips
- 6. Get More Pokeballs in Pokémon Go
- 7. Pokémon Go Level-up Tips
- 8. Pokémon Go Lucky Trade Tips
- 9. Change Nickname in Pokémon Go
- 10. Pokémon Go Transferring Tips
- 11. Pokémon Go Trade Distance Guide
- 12. Pokémon Go Spotlight Hour Guide
- 13. Troubleshoot Pokemon GO Error 12
- 14. Pokémon Go Unable to Authenticate
- 15. Fix Pokémon Go Black Screen Error
- 16. Fix Pokémon Go Error 11 GPS Signal Not Found
- Fake GPS on Games
- 1. Top 15 Games like Pokémon Go
- 2. 6 Best GPS Games To Play Outdoors
- 3. Must-Have Apps for Harry Potter Fans
- 4. Spoof Harry Potter Wizards Unite
- 5. Wizards Unite Hacks and Cheats
- 6. Fake GPS in The Walking Dead
- 7. Tricks to Level Up in Walking Dead
- 8. Tips To Play Ingress Prime
- 9. Ingress vs. Ingress Prime Comparison
- 10. Spoof Ingress Prime Location
- 11. Spoof Location on Jurassic World Alive
- 12. Tips and Hacks for Captain Tsubasa
- 13. Captain Tsubasa Dream Team Player
- 14. Tips To Play The AR Game-Anomaly
- 15. Fake GPS on Mobile Legends
- Fake Location on Social Apps
- 1. Fake Location on Whatsapp
- 2. Fake Location on Facebook
- 3. Change Location on Facebook Dating
- 4. Change Location on Twitter
- 5. Fake Location on YikYak
- 6. Fake Location on Snapchat
- 7. Add Location Filters on Snapchat
- 8. Fake mSpy GPS
- 9. Fake Location on Tiktok
- 10. Change Instagram Region/Country
- 11. Change Instagram Business Location
- 12. Change Location on Twitter
- 13. Set Preferred Job Location on LinkedIn
- Fake Location on Dating Apps
- 1. Fake Hinge GPS
- 2. Top Funny Hinge Prompts
- 3. Apps Like Tinder
- 4. Enjoy Tinder Gold for Free
- 5. Fake Tinder GPS
- 6. Fix Tinder Keeps Crashing
- 7. Find People on Tinder by Name
- 8. Use Grindr on a PC
- 9. Grindr Web app explained
- 10. Fake Grindr GPS
- 11. Grindr Unable to Refresh
- 12. Fake Bumble GPS
- 13. Bumble Snooze Mode Guide
- 14. Tinder vs Bumble vs Hinge
- Get Around Geo-blocking