How to Put my iPad in and get out of DFU mode?
DFU Mode, also known as Device Firmware Update Mode, can be easily accessed on your iOS devices, especially an iPad DFU Mode. The main purpose behind entering DFU Mode on an iPad is to alter/upgrade/downgrade the firmware version running on it. It can also be used to upload and use a customized firmware variant on the iPad to further jailbreak the device or unlock it.
Many-a-Times, users are not happy with a particular software update and want to go back to using the previous version. In such cases and much more, iPad DFU Mode comes in handy.
In this article, we have for you two different ways to exit DFU Mode on your iPad once you gain access to it using iTunes. Since exiting DFU Mode is very important to regain the normal functioning of your iPad, read on to know more it and how to put iPad in DFU Mode.
Part 1: Enter iPad DFU Mode with iTunes
Entering iPad DFU Mode is simple and can be done using iTunes. If you do not have iTunes already installed on your PC, download its latest version and then carefully follow the instruction given herein under to learn how to put iPad in DFU Mode:
Step 1. To start the process, you should connect the iPad to your PC and launch the iTunes program.
Step 2. Long press the Power On/Off button along with the Home Key, but no longer than eight seconds or so.
Step 3. Then release the Power On/Off button only but keep pressing the Home Key until you see a message of the iTunes screen as follows:
Step 4. To be sure if iPad DFU Mode is successfully entered, see that the iPad screen is black in color. If not repeat the steps in the screenshot below.
That is all you needed to do. Once you are at iPad DFU Mode, you can restore it via iTunes or exit DFU Mode, but this leads to data loss.
Moving on, now that we know how to put iPad in DFU Mode, let us learn two ways to exit DFU Mode with ease.
Part 2: Get iPad out of DFU Mode
In this segment, we will see how to exit DFU Mode on your iPad with and without data loss. Stay tuned!
Method 1. Restoring your iPad with iTunes normally (data loss)
This method talks about exiting DFU Mode normally, i.e., by using iTunes. This might be the most obvious solution to exit DFU Mode but not the most reliable and popular way to do so. Wondering why? Well, because using iTunes to restore your iPad leads to the loss of data saved on your iPad.
However, for those of you who would like to use iTunes to restore their iPad and exit DFU Mode, here is what to do:
Step 1. Connect the switched off iPad by holding it Home Key to the PC on which iTunes is downloaded and installed. Your iPad screen will look similar to the screenshot below.
Step 2. iTunes will detect your iPad and pop-up a message on its screen where you can click on “Restore iPad” and then on “Restore” again.
Your iPad will be immediately restored but this process has certain limitations. Once the iPad reboots, you will notice that all your data is wiped off.
Method 2. Exit DFU Mode with Dr.Fone (without data loss)
Looking for a way to exit DFU Mode on iPad without losing your data? You’ve found what you need. Dr.Fone - System Recovery (iOS) can restore an iPad and other iOS devices without causing any loss in your data. It can not only exit DFU Mode but also fix other system related issues in your device such as iPad blue/black screen of death, iPad stuck in boot loop, iPad won't unlock, frozen iPad, and more situations like these. So now you can repair your iPad sitting at home.
Fix iPhone stuck in DFU mode without losing data!
- Fix with various iOS system issues like recovery mode, white Apple logo, black screen, looping on start, etc.
- Get your iOS device out of DFU mode easily, no data loss at all.
- Work for all models of iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Fully compatible with the latest Windows or Mac.
Want to know how to exit iPad DFU Mode using Dr.Fone - System Recovery (iOS)? Just follow the guideline listed below:
Step 1. Once you have downloaded Dr.Fone toolkit onto the PC, launch it and click “System Repair” on the main interface.
Step 2. In this second step, you just have to proceed to connect the iPad in DFU Mode to the PC and wait for it to be detected by the software, then click on the “Standard Repair” Mode to exit DFU mode without data loss.
Step 3. The third step is mandatory since it is to download the latest version of iOS to repair your iPad. Check as shown in the screenshot below with the name of your device model, system version, and then click on the “Download” button.
Step 4. You will now see the downloading progress bar as shown below and the firmware will be downloaded within seconds.
Step 5. Now that the download of firmware has finished, the System Recovery tool will verify the downloaded iOS firmware. Then you need to click "Repair Now" to begin its most important work which is to fix your iPad and keep it away from system-related issues.
Step 6. Wait patiently till Dr.Fone - System Recovery (iOS) works its magic and completely repairs your device and updates it. Your iPad will restart automatically once when everything is done and “Repair of the operating system is complete” screen will pop up before you on the PC.
Didn't you find this method extremely simple and to the point? The best thing is that this process will cause your data no harm and keep it unaltered and completely secure.
“How to put iPad in DFU Mode?” is a frequently asked question by many iOS users and we have attempted to answer it here for you.
With the help of System Recovery by Dr.Fone, exiting iPad DFU Mode also is an easy task. So if you want to exit DFU Mode and still keep your data safe, we recommend that you go ahead and download the Dr.Fone toolkit right away. It is a one-stop solution for all your iOS and iPad management-related needs.
Other Popular Articles From Wondershare
- iPad Beta Install
- iPad DFU Mode
- 1. Backup iPad in DFU Mode
- 2. Put iPad in and get out of DFU mode
- 3. Restore iPad from DFU mode
- 4. Get iPad In and Out of DFU Mode
- iPad Recovery Mode
- 1. iPad Recovery Mode Not Working
- 2. Restore iPad Stuck in Recovery Mode
- 3. Put iPad in Recovery Mode
- iPad Update/Downgrade
- 1. Downgrade iPadOS 16 Beta to 15
- 2. Fix iPad Stuck on Preparing Update
- 3. Fix iPad Stuck On Update Requested
- 4. Fix iPad stuck at Verifying Update
- 5. Fix iPad not updating
- iPad Common Problems
- 1. 5 Ways to Fix iPad Boot Loop
- 2. Fix Poor Wi-Fi Signal on iPad
- 3. Fix iPad crashes
- 4. Fix Wifi keeps dropping on iPad
- 5. Fix iPad Not Connecting to Hotspot
- 6. Fix iPad Overheating
- 7. Fix Common iPad Problems Easily
- 8. Fix iPad Keeps Restarting
- 9. Fix iPad Stuck in Headphone Mode
- 10. Fix iPad Won't Connect to Wi-Fi
- 11.Solutions for iPad Won't Rotate
- 12.Solutions for iPad Won't Turn Off
- 13.Fix My iPad Won't Turn On
- 14.Ways to Speed Up the Slow iPad
- 15.Fix iPad Won't Sync with iTunes
- 16.Fixe Ghost Typing and False Touch
- 17.Repair iPad Touch ID Not Working
- 18.Fix iPad Keeps Freezing
- 19.Fix Disabled iPad
- iPad App Problems
- 1. Fix iPad Sound Not Working
- 2. Fix Wallpaper not Displaying
- 3. 12 Fixes for Apps Not Downloading
- 4. Fix All iPad Email Problems
- 5. Fixe iPad No Sound in Games
- 6. Ways to Fix No Sound on iPad
- 7. Fix iPad Not Receiving Emails
- 8. Fixe Safari Crashing on iPads
- 9. Fix YouTube Not Working on iPad
- 10. Force Quit Frozen Apps On iPad
- 11.Fix 'Cannot Connect to App Store'
- iPad Button Problems
- 1. Fix iPad Home Button Not Working
- 2. Fix iPad Power Button Not Working
- 3. Fixes for iPad Volume Button Stuck
- iPad Charging Problems
- 1. Fix iOS 16 Battery Drain Issues
- 2. Fixe iPad Battery Draining Fast
- 3. Ways to Speed Up iPad Charging!
- 4. Fixes for iPad Not Charging
- 5. Fix IPad Not Charging
- iPad Keyboard Problems
- 1. Fixe iPad Keyboard Not Working
- 2. Fix Keyboard Trackpad Not Working
- 3. Smart Keyboard Folio VS Magic Keyboard
- iPad Screen Problems